Airdree v Q Pee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4-1 for Airdrie. Iain Russell will bag three penalties. Scott Stewart will score a sneaky header from a corner just before half time.
QP themselves will get a wee consolation goal, in the form of a penalty.
♢♢♢

No chance Russell will be taking any pens on Saturday, Andy Ryan will be looking to overtake Liam Buchanan!

33 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

4-1 for Airdrie. Iain Russell will bag three penalties. Scott Stewart will score a sneaky header from a corner just before half time.

QP themselves will get a wee consolation goal, in the form of a penalty.

♢♢♢

And Kevin Schmidt will get sent off for kicking the ball off a Queens Park player. Wait...

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm with HD on this. Noble defeat would be much more tolerable than repetitive tonking next year.

All kidding aside, I heard an ex-committee member say similar last week in an attempt to convince himself and anyone else in earshot that dropping out the play offs wasn't such a bad thing. Told him the worst that could happen if we went up again would be we'd end up back where we are right now... then reminded him of the pumpings we received in League 2 a few seasons ago. I have no wish to go back there again anytime soon. It will inevitably happen again one day but the higher we aim, the longer we can delay that 

All kidding aside, I heard an ex-committee member say similar last week in an attempt to convince himself and anyone else in earshot that dropping out the play offs wasn't such a bad thing. Told him the worst that could happen if we went up again would be we'd end up back where we are right now... then reminded him of the pumpings we received in League 2 a few seasons ago. I have no wish to go back there again anytime soon. It will inevitably happen again one day but the higher we aim, the longer we can delay that 

It's a tricky one. I was a bit shocked at Livi when some fans started the "We are staying up" chant. I had got there some time ago. And as a fan I would love to be part of history that records our highest league position in modern times (we got to 13th back in the fifties which would be top of the Championship today).

But there's little doubt, even for the most optimistic fan, that without being part-time professional we wouldn't last. And fair enough if it stops there. The longer term risk, as so often happens, is that when the slide starts you go all the way to the very bottom. And the very bottom now would be even worse than 3 years ago. That's not a part of QP's great history any of us want.

A play-off spot would be incredible. Promotion would be perilous.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A play-off spot would be incredible. Promotion would be perilous.

Think of the absolute scenes though if it happened......a big huge fucker of an if to be fair  

What a difference a week makes. This time last week I was dreading going to Methil and half expected us to lose the game.

Really looking forward to tomorrow now - fairly confident of a win, hopefully a decent crowd, good atmosphere into the bargain then into the playoffs.

A couple of weeks ago I said I'd rather we didn't make the playoffs but now that we're almost there, bring it on.

42 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

I'm going to go tomorrow for the first time in a month. 

Therefore, Airdrie will lose.

To be on the safe side could you bring three other members of your family with you then please?

What a difference a week makes. This time last week I was dreading going to Methil and half expected us to lose the game.

Really looking forward to tomorrow now - fairly confident of a win, hopefully a decent crowd, good atmosphere into the bargain then into the playoffs.

A couple of weeks ago I said I'd rather we didn't make the playoffs but now that we're almost there, bring it on.

I'm the same. Been dreading it since January and now I'm starting to warm up for today with some shadow boxing.

Football fans eh......

We'll be moaning soon enough I'm sure. 

No idea why folk wouldn't want the team to get in the play offs mind you. We need out this league ASAP. 

And theres no guarantees Wilson won't be here next season regardless. 

1st half was the Joseph Gorman One Man Comedy Show!

Last 25 minutes was some of the worst fitbaw I've ever watched. Amazing they never got an equaliser.  But they did make some fuss aboot an alleged penalty but the ref was spot on with his decision. ;)

Guy standing beside me said that that's the worst Airdrie defence he's seen in 48 seasons. Unbelievable that we finished 3rd. A miracle really.

Archived