Airdree v Q Pee

2 lovely goals from us with Ryan showing just how important he is to the team. Hutton and McIntosh excellent but Conroy very quiet. As said in the last post defence continues to be a shambles with a special mention to Gorman who had one of his all too frequent nightmares. Hesitate to say this but is Mensing getting better?  

On chatting to a few folk around the stadium the most popular view is that TW has sold out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

No mention of the lack of midfield pressure on the ball, poor final balls, poor finishing, no winning second balls, Conroy's poor pass, Russell's pathetic handball....   

Oh aye, that too.

If we play like that on Wednesday I can see Alloa hammering us.

3 minutes ago, waysider said:

On chatting to a few folk around the stadium the most popular view is that TW has sold out.

Based on what? Everyone reading the same rumour on here or Facebook? Any suggestion of who's buying?

Anyway glad we've made it into the playoffs although I'm not sure we'll have enough to actually win them. I was happy to see Raith finish up in them, really wouldn't have fancied St Mirren. Although that's all dependent on beating Alloa, which won't be easy (although isn't impossible). 

Ryan again showing his class today. With him - and Russell's 18 goals too to a certain extent - we've shown we can score and hurt teams. The reason of course we finished third (our defence is relegation material). 

Hopefully we see a big turn out on Wednesday. 

Smashing game of football for the most part. Thought we were our most creative and attack minded of the season today. Hopefully take that into next year. Orsi made a huge difference and the game largely went flat for us after he went off. Two good goals though and quite a few decent chances too. Brady was terrific again and Wullie Muir made his obligatory great save.

The play-off part of the table has ended up where I thought it might at the start of the year so fair play to the four teams who made at happen. Airdrie were good today going forward and the second goal was a thing of beauty. No complaints at all about my team though. Set out to win and if the ifs and buts had gone our way it might have been different.

Well done to all at the club. As always, they won't all be back in July but I hope those that leave will remember their Hampden days warmly.

Just now, She who dares gins said:

In the play-offs but get tae f**k clapping that utter shite off the park at the end.

Airdrie fans have to make the most of any achievement, however small. Andy Ryan was worth a clap. Don't think he'll be with us much longer.

2 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

In the play-offs but get tae f**k clapping that utter shite off the park at the end.

Inclined to agree, not really an achievement and wasn't a great performance today. However, from now until after the play-offs I think we should stick to being as supportive as possible. It's now a fresh start (for a couple of games at least) and the players feeling that they have the backing of the support might just make a difference.

3 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Shewho, totally agree with that sentiment but we just need to pray they can get us up and out of this league.   And then make the neccessary changes.

The state of those halfwits in the technical area is just infuriating.   Only the raw ability of a few players is carrying us.   Lack of basic organisation and discipline is missing.    We could be so much better than this.

Shewho, totally agree with that sentiment but we just need to pray they can get us up and out of this league.   And then make the neccessary changes.
The state of those halfwits in the technical area is just infuriating.   Only the raw ability of a few players is carrying us.   Lack of basic organisation and discipline is missing.    We could be so much better than this.

The last sentence - 100 per cent. I've never been this conflicted between supporting the team and wanting to throttle them!

I'm not one for the booing or abuse - the withholding of applause is all I have! [emoji23]

Couldn't bring myself to applaud off the park today. Season has beed a disaster and the making of the playoffs is in spite of the performances in general. Was speaking to a relation of one of the players prior to the game who was adamant the TW has sold his share. I'm disappointed as I think he was doing what he thought was best but had some crap advice and possibly trusted the wrong people. Lord knows who the new owner would be if true.

I can go to the POTY now and at least smile. Time for report will be tomorrow. Well done and I got my run in predictions right if slightly less points.  

I couldn't. I refuse to be a sycophant. Despite being in the trust I haven't had one email or bit of publicity for the event. One might think one wasn't welcome [emoji23]

A good win but not a great performance. Gorman had a nightmare, the midfield were rubbish and on another day QP could have scored 4 or 5 but we have managed to scrape into the play offs. If we play like that in mid week Alloa will run riot. Ryan was my man of the match for his 2 goals. Stewart put in his usual shift up and down the wing. Russell took his goal well. 

Since Wilson took my advice and Gorman came back into it 8 games ago we've "only" lost 11 goals, won 4 and drew 1.

He's halved our goals against ratio.   Would've been better but for Mensing, Russell, McGregor and Ferguson's clusterf**k of a meltdown at Livi.

Just like guys like Paul Jack years ago the kid doesn't hide on the pitch.   Still learning but clearly not getting any support.  

F**k me,  I watched every player make the same or more mistakes all over the pitch and all the legends on here pick on the softest target as usual.

Since Wilson took my advice and Gorman came back into it 8 games ago we've "only" lost 11 goals, won 4 and drew 1.

He's halved our goals against ratio.   Would've been better but for Mensing, Russell, McGregor and Ferguson's clusterf**k of a meltdown at Livi.

Just like guys like Paul Jack years ago the kid doesn't hide on the pitch.   Still learning but clearly not getting any support.  

F**k me,  I watched every player make the same or more mistakes all over the pitch and all the legends on here pick on the softest target as usual.

He didn't have the best Saturday - but I'd say that was confined to the first half and he picked up. Wouldn't go to town on him over it either. Russell's missed pass had me just about walking out - we were suicidal at times.

Our defending today was terrible as it has been for most of the season. This is not just because of the defence and goalkeeper.  Our midfield offer no protection whatsoever and were posted missing for most of today's game. I highlighted Gorman as I thought he had a poor game today and in my opinion was our worst player on the park (until Leitch came on who didn't get into the game at all). 

Archived