Airdree v Q Pee

Given that we require a 4-0 win to overtake Airdrie, I'll go for a 3-0 victory for us...so near and yet so far.  It'll be our first league game in which we score more than two and fitting that it's done against the team we have struggled against most (no one mention Stenie!).

It's been a terrific season and whilst it would have been great to play against (say) St Mirren in the play offs, I'd probably be cacking myself at the thought of maybe going up a division.  Then again....I thought the same at the start of this year, but we've more than competed and it's been great.  That Clyde have imploded has supplied the laughs and has made the year all the more satisfying.

So, 3-0 to the QP it is.  McGeever to score and cap off a superb year for him; Zanatta to score and top a great season too; and Wullie Muir to punt one from his own box into the Airdrie goal with two minutes to go and set up a barnstorming finish with one coming off the bar and one goal line clearance.  You read it here first.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, we beat Airdrie 4-0 and Brechin and EF win their games and we still miss out on GD.

I'm with HD on this. Noble defeat would be much more tolerable than repetitive tonking next year.

So, we just have to thrash Airdrie, hope that the other two bottle it, beat Alloa and a Championship team to get through the play-offs and we get promoted. Piece of piss.

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Or, we beat Airdrie 4-0 and Brechin and EF win their games and we still miss out on GD.

I'm with HD on this. Noble defeat would be much more tolerable than repetitive tonking next year.

So, we just have to thrash Airdrie, hope that the other two bottle it, beat Alloa and a Championship team to get through the play-offs and we get promoted. Piece of piss.

Brechin and EF havent been impressive this past few weeks,  IE., Airdrie have beaten them.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is the scenario I can see. 

Mark Wilson will be disappointed. 

Gordon Dalziel won't know the score. 

Our season will finish on the biggest f##k up possible. 

If anybody could lose this advantage and seemingly stick - on play - off place it's Airdrie. 

I predict either a 4 - 0 defeat or 3 - 0 but Andy Ryan given a straight card and suspended for the first leg of the play - off semi - final.

Since we won and played well last week, I would naturally assume we're heading for a scudding in this game, however given the stage of the season, it'd be much more Airdrie to get to the playoffs and then fall apart horribly, preferably in the final.  So I'll go for 3-1 Airdrie.  

First game in a long while that I'm not too bothered about the outcome (unless we miraculously find ourselves three goals ahead at any stage, but then Johnny Rep will come on as a sub and stick one in the top corner from 30 yards!).

It's been a belter of a season and Gus and the players deserve a rounding send-off at full time regardless of the result on Saturday (although I'm confident that the usual serial moaners will call for Gus to resign if we fail to reach the play-offs).

3 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Since we won and played well last week, I would naturally assume we're heading for a scudding in this game, however given the stage of the season, it'd be much more Airdrie to get to the playoffs and then fall apart horribly, preferably in the final.  So I'll go for 3-1 Airdrie.  

Some time ago I predicted  a 5-1 win for Airdrie and finishing third in play offs despite all the pain of much of the season. I will stand by that and take the flak when it comes on Saturday evening, or bask in the glow of hypocritical self congratulation at the POTY dinner. I also think QP have done really well this season to put so many other teams below them.

It's been a belter of a season and Gus and the players deserve a rounding send-off at full time regardless of the result on Saturday

Here, here. After the match at Ochilview 2 years ago I felt sorry for the guys. They looked despondent and most fans were chuffed to bits. Whenever it comes to a halt this season I hope they'll join us for a wee sing-song. A wee smile and a wave from the gaffer too would be nice. [emoji469][emoji469][emoji469]

It'll be a terribly flat game. Ian Russell will score a minimum of one penalty. It'll somehow be cold, despite the rest of west central Scotland enjoying pleasant weather.

We will lose 4-0.

However, Brechin will also lose 4-0.

Therefore we will remain in the play offs by the skin of our teeth (goals scored).

That would really be in keeping with this season of only still being in with a shout of the play offs due to how equally awful the teams around us have been.

Archived