Performance

How you doing people?

I'm aware that (yet again) the site has been a bit neglected of late as I've been so busy elsewhere on the day job.

I know there are some issues with regard the adverts on mobile and I've had a chat with the ad people about that and I'm looking to reduce the number of intrusive ads and improve the mobile experience as a result.

I also know there have been periods of the dreaded 502 error recently. I spent a bit of time on that last night and have made some changes that I "hope" will speed things up again and reduce these errors.

I've set a clean up job to run on the hour every hour to kill any dead processes on the server. That should only take 2 seconds to run but should help things along the way towards better performance.

As always please let me know if you are having problems but please try and be as descriptive as possible. It helps me to know how you are accessing the site when having problems (eg; Mobile, App or Desktop) and if you are on desktop what browser you are using (eg; Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc).

I'll hopefully get some more time over the summer to spend on the site but meantime if you do have specific issues let me know. Simialrly if things improve or seem better it's nice to know about that too!

1 hour ago, Div said:

How you doing people?

I'm aware that (yet again) the site has been a bit neglected of late as I've been so busy elsewhere on the day job.

I also know there have been periods of the dreaded 502 error recently. I spent a bit of time on that last night and have made some changes that I "hope" will speed things up again and reduce these errors.

When I get that message I just assume you are off on yet another Spanish bender.

13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

When I get that message I just assume you are off on yet another Spanish bender.

Don't remind me about that.

I spent a whole afternoon with a raging hangover, in an internet cafe in Magaluf, dealing with a Spanish keyboard, an internet connection that was like dial-up, 30 degree heat outside whilst the lads were all getting hammered at the beach, trying to fix fucking Pie and fucking Bovril.

The absolute lowest point in P&B hosting history and let's be fair there has been a few to choose from.

Don't remind me about that.
I spent a whole afternoon with a raging hangover, in an internet cafe in Magaluf, dealing with a Spanish keyboard, an internet connection that was like dial-up, 30 degree heat outside whilst the lads were all getting hammered at the beach, trying to fix fucking Pie and fucking Bovril.
The absolute lowest point in P&B hosting history and let's be fair there has been a few to choose from.

I've instructed my solicitor to keep an eye on the site and if there are periods of extended downtime to send you a bill for my inconvenience.

Don't hold this against me please or again there will be legal action about the fact you've held it against me.

I had hoped this thread was going to be about the 1970 film, Performance, starring Mick Jagger and lots of tits. Scarlett Jo's look in Under the Skin is clearly inspired by Jagger's in Performance. The main character loses his inner demons but then does he want to find them again? Maybe he misses them? The main character is called Chas, not Tony though.

20 hours ago, Tynieness said:

If you go to Prem section and start reading Tony's thread from the post made by 8mile at 1824 on Sunday.  Worth the reading.

See you tomorrow.

Wow :thumsup2

Archived