STV explained - it's a numbers game

Despite all the political influences and critical policy statements, arguably the biggest risk to a fair and honest result in the Cooncil elections is the (mis)understanding of how to cast your votes. This is the most concise version I've seen. The only question I was left with was; what kind of twisted mind created this system?

Despite all the political influences and critical policy statements, arguably the biggest risk to a fair and honest result in the Cooncil elections is the (mis)understanding of how to cast your votes. This is the most concise version I've seen. The only question I was left with was; what kind of twisted mind created this system?

What a total weapon he was.

Until watching that I was going to do SNP 1, 2 and Greens 3 and no others but now feel I should put a number next to Liebour and Lib Dems candidates but it just doesn't seem right!!?

So I'm planning to go SNP 1 and 2, then greens 3 ,then any independent, then the likes of ukip, bnp or whatever and number labour second last and tories last. Is that the best way to do it ? My seat will be between SNP and Tories

32 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

So I'm planning to go SNP 1 and 2, then greens 3 ,then any independent, then the likes of ukip, bnp or whatever and number labour second last and tories last. Is that the best way to do it ? My seat will be between SNP and Tories

If there's someone you really, really don't want to win, just don't list them at all. You can list as many/as little as you like.

32 minutes ago, TonMan said:

If there's someone you really, really don't want to win, just don't list them at all. You can list as many/as little as you like.

I'm sure I seen somewhere that if you really don't like someone put them last but like I've said, I don't know. If you're saying I'm as well not scoring them at all then I'll do that. Saves the effort haha

You can vote for as many as you like of course but, if you want to stick the boot in to the Tories for example (as any decent person wood) rank them all, biggest wallopers last. No preference is better that an 8th or 9th.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived