The Monklands McMafia

jester

Years ago in Airdrie and Coatbridge, Labour councillors were well known for looking out for each other, their friends, families and financial contributors. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine. Hence the name Monklands Mafia.

Monklands District Council became subsumed by North Lanarkshire Council but the song remains the same apparently. With one difference, it now seems to be the SNP who have adopted questionable tactics.

On The Undesirables thread, someone mention Cumbernauld Councillor Alan O'Brien and this leaflet that he put out HERE.

It's starting to become a pattern with SNP voters, but if something critical is posted they seize on something else entirely and attack that, in this case an accusation made against the candidate of homophobia, which he denies, and in fact he points to a host of allegations made from the same offices against a number of other councillors/ potential councillors.

In the last couple of weeks the police have repeatedly been called in to deal with complaints by one councillor against another. The latest is Peter Owens, who is a community activist standing as an independent. He put out THIS statement yesterday with a video which has been passed to Police Scotland. Incidentally he is standing in the same ward as the womans parent's. Even weirder, having been deselected by the SNP her mother is now standing against the SNP, but is being endorsed by Alex Neil MSP on her campaign literature.

It mystifies me, why when the media are willing to go into overload about some of the SNP's most obscure errors they show no interest in what is turning into a daily embarrassment and running sore within the SNP, in one of the councils they hoped to gain control of.

Which brings me back to Councillor Alan O'Brien. He has stated clearly that Councillor David Stocks, who is tipped to be the next leader of North Lanarkshire Council, was caught lying in court a few weeks ago. This is a matter of public record. Does it not concern anyone that one of Scotland's largest councils could be handed to a man branded an unreliable witness in court?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

^ lost interest after first 9 lines. SNP bad........

Therein lies the problem. If people within the SNP just stick their fingers in their ears and shout LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU then these problems will grow and grow. The party will rot from the roots up. Surely that isn't a good outcome?

1 hour ago, The clean living guy said:

Jesters posts on other sites makes me think he wouldn't be a tory voter or a 'brother'. 

You would think people would check my previous posts before making an arse of themselves!

Therein lies the problem. If people within the SNP just stick their fingers in their ears and shout LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU then these problems will grow and grow. The party will rot from the roots up. Surely that isn't a good outcome?

It's potentially one rogue councillor.
SNP is the only party that genuinely puts Scotland first. They also have an excellent track record of expelling members, mps, msps and councillors; unlike some others. I really am not too concerned

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP is the only party that genuinely puts Scotland first.

It's a local election, they should be putting their Ward first.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP is the only party that genuinely puts Scotland first. They also have an excellent track record of expelling members, mps, msps and councillors; unlike some others. I really am not too concerned

Perhaps read past line 9?????

If this is a pattern of behaviour which has lasted over a number of years and parties then its something which should be looked into by Police, regardless of which parties are involved.

40 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

If this is a pattern of behaviour which has lasted over a number of years and parties then its something which should be looked into by Police, regardless of which parties are involved.

But doesn't the OP say the police are involved?

I think there's a conflation between the alleged nepotism of Labour councillors, and alleged internecine battles in the SNP. They're not the same thing.

NLC is a mess TBH

The Labour council group split so much a whole load of their current/former councillors are standing under being the 'Independent Alliance Party' this time round.

The SNP group certainly aren't perfect but I'd still expect them to do a better job in charge of NLC going forward - there's enough decent candidates standing from my viewpoint as part of the SNP campaign over in SLC.

Archived