Montrose Vs Clyde - Squeeky Bum Time

2 hours ago, Montrose FC said:

You lot were supposed to be winning the title this year am sure, come 4:45 Saturday yous will be in the relegation play offs hahahaha, horrible wee club

When was the last time winning the league ever crossed a Montrose fans mind ?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't bring myself to go either given our record there, can see us getting a hounding. Team has no belief or ability

Our record at Links Park is not as bad as I thought on closer inspection. Since dropping down to this level we have made 13 visits to Montrose with a record of 5 wins, 1 draw, 7 defeats.

In fact the only teams we have taken more points from on the road over the same period are Annan and East Stirling!

The 8-1 destruction lingers long in the memory however and the current team do not inspire much confidence, particularly away from home.

Far more telling is that this season we have only avoided defeat in 5 out of 17 away games. The 9 away points gained this season is the worst return from us at this level. The previous worst was 14 away points in 2012-13 so even a win on Saturday would make this season the poorest away form on record.

Unlike some others on this thread I take no delight in seeing anyone in the same predicament the Mo were in a couple of years back. Comments like 'horrible club' are uncalled for also. Hopefully the Mo will win on Sat and get into the play-offs but I can't see Cowden winning at Elgin either as they will be pushing for that elusive win to put pressure on us. Looking forward to the game at LP though. Ideally Berwick will be the team finishing last just to shut Berwicktheunbeatable up. His constant tirades of nastiness won't be missed by anyone on this forum I'm sure.

Whilst I agree that I take no delight in it, if I had to pick a club to be in the situation we were in, it would definitely be Clyde.

See that's the difference I couldn't careless about Montrose[emoji23]

See that's the difference I couldn't careless about Montrose[emoji23]

Enjoy the Lowland League. Might actually get that league title that your fans have been promising for the last 5 years or so.

Enjoy the Lowland League. Might actually get that league title that your fans have been promising for the last 5 years or so.

To the Montrose fans taunting Clyde fans about our potential relegation to the lowland league, I'd remind them of one thing. Clyde were playoff contenders last season.

I'd watch out that you're not relegation fodder next season. Close to the base of the lowest of the leagues is your historic position after all.

Montrose was always my favourite Angus team. I'm liking Brechin more these days.

fair's fair- part of the taunting is in reponse to years of abuse and piss taking on here from Clyde fans about Montrose being perennial failures, waste of a league place, unambitious social club etc etc.

The boot's on the other foot now and it really is no surprise to see some of our fans using it. That's football.

Yes no one knows what the future / next season holds but we will enjoy our fight at the right end of the table for a change. That Clyde and Berwick are struggling to avoid the wooden spoon, and we will have a big say in determining their fate, makes it just a wee bit more special.

fair's fair- part of the taunting is in reponse to years of abuse and piss taking on here from Clyde fans about Montrose being perennial failures, waste of a league place, unambitious social club etc etc.
The boot's on the other foot now and it really is no surprise to see some of our fans using it. That's football.
Yes no one knows what the future / next season holds but we will enjoy our fight at the right end of the table for a change. That Clyde and Berwick are struggling to avoid the wooden spoon, and we will have a big say in determining their fate, makes it just a wee bit more special.

No problem with being taunted. It must be nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

[emoji23] we will be in the same league next year

Montrose fans just shitting it about a revamped Clyde juggernaut beating them to next seasons League 2 title [emoji6]

Well I am a little concerned if we don't go up then a revamped Clyde walk the league next year.

EK have walked the LL and they need to be taken seriously.

Wasn't it this season that Clyde were going to walk the League title? [emoji38]

It wasn't just Clyde fans predicting Clyde winning the league.

Many predicted Edinburgh or Montrose to go down.

There's a lot of people who are very clever after the fact.

20 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm sure both clubs are fully aware of a potential play-off? Especially considering the required results are far from unlikely.

Given all it requires is a Cowdenbeath win *and* Berwick and Clyde losing (Berwick by 1 goal fewer than Clyde), part of me wondered if we might get an announcement in advance of the arrangements for any dead-heat playoff between Berwick and Clyde.

Presumably they've at least been made "behind-the-scenes" for announcement on Saturday if required.

Archived