Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Looks to me like Penksa's first thought is to try to kick the ball, not knee Moore in the face. Maybe Moore's push on Craig Barr caused the collision and the foul should have been given the other way. Maybe Rovers might appeal the sending off. :thumsup2

e.PNG

To be fair, the ball was moving when ayr took the free kick that led to this.

Ref should have red carded the cheating Ayr player IMHO

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Also, one thing which was confusing on Saturday was that Ayr fans started cheering when St Mirren equalised....what was all that about? That wasn't going to have any impact on the rest of their season. 

Don't see an issue with that at all. No point in supporting a mediocre football club if you can't celebrate the misery of others. 

2 hours ago, rw89 said:

Also, one thing which was confusing on Saturday was that Ayr fans started cheering when St Mirren equalised....what was all that about? That wasn't going to have any impact on the rest of their season. 

What was confusing, we were getting it right up you. 

Spoiler

And it was wilder celebrations than our goal :lol:

5 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Strange given we have relegated / beaten them to promotion in the past I would think we would be the last team they want down with them.

They beat us to relegation this year, I thought they might have been celebrating that win ;)

7 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

At the time I didn't realise that's why they were celebrating. I had assumed it was because they won a corner.

If, like us, you knew our scoring rate from corners, you would know there was no way we'd get anywhere above the level of mildly interested when we received one.

I had the pleasure of their company walking along Links Street before the game. Simply put, they were more than slightly inebriated and probably about 16 years old. One of them made a failed attempt at demolishing the bus shelter outside the old church whilst the rest slammed the roofs of every parked car on the way along. Made the Links locals look like angels.

Not down yet mate.......and your team aren't up yet either. We might still see you next season.......or be two leagues apart. Let's wait and see.

We kept our side of the bargain, you couldn't keep yours.

Hard lines Falkirk.

Archived