Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

It might've been heartfelt and honest, but he completely neglects to mention why he waited until we were 3-0 down before making any changes. Also why we decided to omit Hardie in favour of Skacel, leaving us with no out and out forward to play the ball to (with McManus dropping too deep). 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Ayr race to an unexpected 2-0 lead after 10 minutes. Raith pull together and hold it till half time. Ayr come out the traps again and get another 2, one from the penalty spot to go 4-0 up. Raith down to 10 men with a red card from the penalty incident. 35 minutes to go. Raith park the bus until the 92nd minute and give away another penalty, which is scored, with another player sent off. Ayr up 5-0 in the 93rd minute. Raith kick off with 1 minute left on the clock and immediately break up the park, and score a consolation goal that sends Ayr United to the 1st division.

Deal!

Seriously though, a couple of early Ayr goals is the nightmare scenario.

On the other hand, a couple of early Rovers goals filtering through to Easter Road wouldn't be bad.

Right. So it's society in general to blame for Saturday. Not the slavering c**t that made an arse of the line up.

I think he'll be right about the back chat from younger players these days though. That's just a thing that's happened - and I'm guessing it's infuriating for a guy like big yogie.

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

One team thought Gary Locke would be your saviour, the other thought Gary Harkins would be.

b19fa48b658485759c42b073757524e5.jpg

Fortunately none have played for or managed you or you'd look really daft 

Fortunately none have played for or managed you or you'd look really daft 

We ditched both for being dross, that's how big clubs stay successful. We don't just settle for any old shite.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

To be fair, we also ditched Locke for being dross..

Good decision with you gaining a whole -1 league positions since.

On 01/05/2017 at 21:59, Typicalrovers said:

Right. So it's society in general to blame for Saturday. Not the slavering c**t that made an arse of the line up.

Yeah, is a young guy at Raith really supposed to throw his head onto some studs to get a result? If that's what the manager is relying on then I'm not sure he's doing his job correctly.

Yogi really is turning into a parody of himself, and is a bit of a dribbling mess these days.

It really is a difficult game to call, normally in this situation you'd fancy Raith to win but morale in their camp seems low and who knows how the players will react to Yogi's apocalyptic after match speech on Saturday? If they don't go ahead quickly their fans are liable to be on their backs and if Ayr were to go ahead then Raith could crumble or it might sting them into a fightback - who knows? It'll be one eye on the park, one on the mobile for Raith & Saints fans!

I'm not sure there will be much restlessness in the crowd. I think most folk are resigned to the fact we will be no better than 9th so there will probably be a bit of apathy in the air of anything.

Archived