Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever heard John Hughes say a good word about his Raith squad in an interview. It's almost as if the Raith players don't like being told that they're shite by a guy who clearly doesn't give two fucks if they go down.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I don't think I've ever heard John Hughes say a good word about his Raith squad in an interview. It's almost as if the Raith players don't like being told that they're shite by a guy who clearly doesn't give two fucks if they go down.

It was the chat of a pished man in the pub who has just lost his Mrs to the guy round the corner. Watched it through my fingers especially when he goes all Fife with his accent. Grim viewing 

1 minute ago, young buck said:

It was the chat of a pished man in the pub who has just lost his Mrs to the guy round the corner. Watched it through my fingers especially when he goes all Fife with his accent. Grim viewing 

Aye, blaming society for his failure to get any sort of passion out of his team is hilarious.

Aye, blaming society for his failure to get any sort of passion out of his team is hilarious.

Hughes for Prime minister. A timely comment on today's society from a man who's read the football (and life) book front tae back, back tae front and front tae back again.

That's generally how it works. If nothing else it's an opportunity for middle aged tragics like me to have a day sesh. Last one before the Scotland game in June!

You have the play off' s , well with our team Its one midweek suffering and Saturday afternoon relegation wake. :-)

Blaming society is a bit naff, but he's right about these players. Their attitude is absolutely disgusting and they are self entitled lazy b*****ds to be honest.

A 5-0 defeat is entirely possible on Saturday. 

Its never a glorious time supporting us, but this season has turned us into an absolute laughing stock. All the hard work done during Mcglynns era is about to go flying right out the window.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

They were shite though. One of the biggest games of the season and 5-0 flattered them. Hughes is a bit of an idiot, and the stuff about society today was stupid, but the general gist of what he was saying seemed pretty accurate from what I saw yesterday.

They were shite though. One of the biggest games of the season and 5-0 flattered them. Hughes is a bit of an idiot, and the stuff about society today was stupid, but the general gist of what he was saying seemed pretty accurate from what I saw yesterday.

He's broadly accurate in what he's saying but every week since we lost 4-0 to Dumbarton he's either slaughtered the entire side or publicly singled out individuals for criticism.

Despite the fact it is obviously counterproductive he keeps at it.

The players are badly at fault here but Hughes is far from blameless.

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

Hughes is in charge of them, he is responsible for sending them out there and ensuring they know how to play his system but he's pointing the finger at the poor quality of the squad to spare his own reputation. Raith fans saying both of the worst performances of the season have come under Hughes, he must take some of the blame.

Calling them shite footballers every week clearly hasn't worked and is now making himself look silly by blaming society before he looks at the job he's actually doing. He's been a disaster, an arrogant disaster.

Hughes just doesn't want to have his own reputation tarnished, reminding everyone at every opportunity that he's working with a team of wasters that someone else assembled.  Which isn't untrue, to be fair.

Simon sinek has retired from TED talks this morning after seeing the observational behemoth that is Hughes connect with the fan base of raith rovers by using an old lady down the post office Fife accent. Emotive stuff John. Lead on Macduff 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Hughes is in charge of them, he is responsible for sending them out there and ensuring they know how to play his system but he's pointing the finger at the poor quality of the squad to spare his own reputation. Raith fans saying both of the worst performances of the season have come under Hughes, he must take some of the blame.

Calling them shite footballers every week clearly hasn't worked and is now making himself look silly by blaming society before he looks at the job he's actually doing. He's been a disaster, an arrogant disaster.

this totally, he has made a complete arse of it and rather than trying to motivate the team he is too busy trying to deflect any blame away from himself.

Archived