Dumbarton v Falkirk

1 hour ago, aftershocker said:

Disappointed I have to say with Falkirk...you will need to play much better than that to get through the playoffs...but good luck to you

Messi and Ronaldo would struggle on that pitch never mind the second best team in the championship.

Our players were feart passing it and receiving a pass, as it was a lottery on how it would roll/bounce.

We won't play on a pitch like that in the play offs, so it will be less a lottery but thanks for your concern

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have plenty admiration for the job your manager has done.

Let's however not get too "part time" on us though. How many loan players do you have from FT clubs? They will all be training FT. Half the team probably?

Jesus.

As already mentioned, only 3 from yesterday are loanees.

One a just turned 19 year old, another from a team below us and sam Stanton from hibs.

Surviving yet again is a another huge achievement and anyone trying to talk it down can do one.

All the media raving about st Mirren too. They had a great end to the season of course, but with their resources, to finish as low as they have is nothing worth reporting.

Jesus.

As already mentioned, only 3 from yesterday are loanees.

One a just turned 19 year old, another from a team below us and sam Stanton from hibs.

Surviving yet again is a another huge achievement and anyone trying to talk it down can do one.

All the media raving about st Mirren too. They had a great end to the season of course, but with their resources, to finish as low as they have is nothing worth reporting.

I think that's a little unfair. Even with the resources at their disposal, St Mirren pulled off a Lazarus styled recovery.

And don't forget they helped us with the 5-0 thrashing of Raith.

I think that's a little unfair. Even with the resources at their disposal, St Mirren pulled off a Lazarus styled recovery.

And don't forget they helped us with the 5-0 thrashing of Raith.

Just don't think their club should have ever gotten as low as they were. Big money was spent to bring in loy, mcginn, smith, the Welsh boy, and some other players that were key to their turnaround.

Aye, they sold the boy mcalister to derby, but that's what I'm meaning. Are we ever going to shit out a player who can take us in a 6 figure sum? Nae chance!

you have a chip on both shoulders...your club should have made money out this game by moving season ticket holders like we done for sevco...we are a pissy little nothing club compared to them in the same way Dumbarton are a pissy little nothing club compared to falkirk

I'm not really sure where your anger towards us comes from tbh. I can see you're upset at the ticket issue, but I'm glad we didn't shunt ST holders to accommodate a larger Falkirk following. It would be unfair on those being moved and if you're happy for your own fans to be moved to accommodate Rangers, it maybe says less about us and more about you.

just maybe they have a little more self respect

Spot on.[emoji122]????

I don't know what game you were at? Dumbarton hardly tried to get out of their own half most of the game.  
Time wasting at home when you have nothing to play for you got what you deserved. All your much vaunted player Thomson, Stirling and Vaughan all set for pastures new and you can't blame them.

Like So08, I must've been at a different game to you as well. I think it was a relatively even game with two sides who looked like they were entering end of season mode. We had a fair number of attacks, as did you.

I can't say I recall much timewasting either, but if it makes you feel better then you believe that.

We'll always be a stepping stone for players. Thomson and Stirling moving on is a sign they've been a success and are moving upwards. Vaughan isn't set for pastures new, he's returning to his parent club, who could well be in League One by the end of the month.

Every summer it's a rebuilding job for us and if we give players a platform to bigger and better things while achieving our goals as a club, that's fine by me.

Yet baws. Stick to sooking up Hibs arse. That's what you are good at.

You seem upset. Were you one who didn't get a ticket?

It was impossible to play any football in those conditions. Add to that the way you set up meant one goal was all that was going to be required.

No idea why you set up that way TBH. You were safe

As I've suggested above, I think we tried to play as much football as Falkirk. We may have had a defensive mindset, but we attacked when we could and hit the bar too.

I know what you're meaning, but we weren't mathematically safe. Had you guys scored a couple of goals early and Raith had done the same, it'd have been squeaky bum time, so we still had to do a bit of protecting to ensure we made ourselves safe.

On 2 May 2017 at 18:31, Back Post Misses said:

To be fair, we were obviously concerned about losing early goals etc so why would we go for an entertaining, attack minded, free flowing football. We lost 0-1 Raith couldn't score 9 so job done as far as I'm concerned. Nothing wrong with doing what we had to do. We had to get something at Tannadice and succeeded. That's why we have a manager and not a fan in the dugout.

I'd rather have been in a half empty stadium than having to watch the majority of the fans in TFS celebrate when the buns scored against us in all honesty. 

Seconded for us. There was something absolutely horrific about watching them celebrating in our end.

Even worse when they started squaring up to our fans when Danny Rogers saved Lee McCulloch's penalty.

I hate seeing Old Firm fans happy.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Seconded for us. There was something absolutely horrific about watching them celebrating in our end.

Even worse when they started squaring up to our fans when Danny Rogers saved Lee McCulloch's penalty.

I hate seeing Old Firm fans happy.

i hate seeing old firm fans in my stadium full stop. but giving them half the f^cking stadium was just ludicrous.

Well done to Falkirk on getting themselves over the line, best of luck to you in the play-offs.

Another season of Championship football signed, sealed and delivered for us which is fucking fantastic.

JinkyBairn :lol: 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well done to Falkirk on getting themselves over the line, best of luck to you in the play-offs.

Another season of Championship football signed, sealed and delivered for us which is fucking fantastic.

JinkyBairn :lol: 

Much prefer having the likes of the sons in this league . Good honest hard working club. Unfortunately we're going to have the perennial cheats Livi back next season so good luck again next season and hope you  send them back down to league one.

Much prefer having the likes of the sons in this league . Good honest hard working club. Unfortunately we're going to have the perennial cheats Livi back next season so good luck again next season and hope you  send them back down to league one.

This was looking promising for the least negative post you've ever had on here, until you had to bring in the irrelevant Livingston into conversation.

15 hours ago, spratte said:

i hate seeing old firm fans in my stadium full stop. but giving them half the f^cking stadium was just ludicrous.

I didn't mind having Rangers fans at TFS in our last two fixtures. Glorious scenes when McHugh slung it in the back of the net in injury time and they streamed out the stadium before the final whistle.

50 minutes ago, Trump said:

This was looking promising for the least negative post you've ever had on here, until you had to bring in the irrelevant Livingston into conversation.

That's because his post had nothing to do with Falkirk! :lol:

Archived