Dumbarton v Falkirk

I would have ZERO confidence in this game if it wasn't for the fact that Dumbarton successfully completed their scrap to secure another season in this league, and like others said well done for that. I really hope the fact that there has been a real scrap down there this year, and that the pressure has been lifted means that Dumbartons players don't really turn up.
Shouldn't have to thinking like this, but we have had favours from elsewhere all season long and for once I would like us to simply get the fucking job done on our own.

Aye, Morton would be crazy not to rest players against United so we need to take care of this game ourselves.

Absolutely incredible that we're still second, performances are really worrying going into the playoffs. Maybe the week or so off till the playoff semi will do the players a bit of good but we need to do the business here first

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely incredible that we're still second, performances are really worrying going into the playoffs. Maybe the week or so off till the playoff semi will do the players a bit of good but we need to do the business here first

Aye just. We keep ballsing it up and yet we keep getting away with it. A decent United team would have blown us away this year.

Dumbarton is always a struggle, more often than not we drop points there

Saturday's game calls for no shitebaggery tactics and no tippy tappy bore you to death football. I got to be honest I really question whether we have the balls to go there, grab the game by the scruff of its neck and do what we need to do as I feel DU will best Morton.

I don't think I can recall a Falkirk team in many a year that starts games at a peep and grows its way into it, eventually strolling along, meandering even and then panic and end the game chasing... Instead of going out and putting teams on the backfoot particularly at home.

I still can't believe Baird is playing every week, this just shows how bad our options are if he is first choice.

We dropped two points at home yesterday to a team who didn't have much to play for so away from home against a side we've struggled against this season won't be easy. Teams tend not to just give up especially at home in front of their fans.

It's one of those days where how we tactically play during the game and with subs might depend on how United are doing. Radio's at the ready if United are winning and we are losing or drawing well need to throw the kitchen sink at them

In all seriousness, I fully expect us to go for the win. We can play without pressure and we will want to finish as high up the table as possible - we could be the only part time side in the division next year so we'll need every penny we can get. It would also be nice to say farewell to the likes of Thommo, Stirling, Stanton and Vaughan with a win. A real shame we'll lose just about every attacking player we have in the summer.

can we stop the "they're safe" patter now, it doesn't work like that. a team of professional players will turn up and give 100% whether they're safe or not. queens did it yesterday against us. if you really believe rubbish like that, then got to the bookies next week and bet against every team that's "safe" and see who has more cash at the end of the day, you or the bookie! hard game next week but hopefully we can secure 2nd place.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Aye, Morton would be crazy not to rest players against United so we need to take care of this game ourselves.

Do Morton have the squad to do so ?

My English team Tranmere yesterday made 9 changes in a meaningless game for them, basically playing the youth team and won

I'd think Morton would like to get some sort of confidence back and perhaps only rest suspension and injury doubts. 

Its the fight for both 2nds next week and its gonna be nervy. If we can start as we did yesterday but defend better, we will be Ok. The more I think about it, I feel we are missing someone vocal in the team, Taiwo Kerr, Sibbald and Craigen offer nothing, the previous back four with Luca offered nothing but Muirhead in the centre was offering more of that with shouting and finger pointing.

A draw also maybe enough, tho my sphincter says no

Hope we just chuck players all over the shop for this. Give Berba a half in goals, punt Carsy on penalties and free-kicks and give SeaGal a late five minutes so we know he's still alive.

Excited for it already. I love a game where there's no pressure at this stage of the season.

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's that agreed then, a 1 goal victory for Falkirk means we definitely stay up, Falkirk get 2nd place and we can all watch Ray McKinnon blame the strength of the UV rays of the Sun for his poor United team being too shite to get the better of anyone.

You'd rather watch a Ray McKinnon meltdown than a Peter Houston one?

Guest Back Post Misses
You'd rather watch a Ray McKinnon meltdown than a Peter Houston one?

The result will be irrelevant. DU won't win at Cappilow

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Compared to that dick McKinnon, Houston actually seems quite sound.

I mean don't get me wrong, the guys a bitter mess at times but McKinnon is on an entire level of his own. His dickishness levels have rarely been seen before.

I'm a bit bored of Houston meltdowns, nothing will ever beat him when Archie Campbell rattled one in from 20 yards. 

I can see McKinnon having a full scale meltdown. Like claiming it's a conspiracy, claiming the weather is controlled by someone and then running off to live with a remote Amazonian tribe.

I'm a bit bored of Houston meltdowns, nothing will ever beat him when Archie Campbell rattled one in from 20 yards. 
I can see McKinnon having a full scale meltdown. Like claiming it's a conspiracy, claiming the weather is controlled by someone and then running off to live with a remote Amazonian tribe.

Agreed.

He's right on the brink.

I'm not confident at all for this. Houston seems to not see where changes need to be made. If we're going to get anything out of this. We need to drop Baird and Kerr. McKee can come in for Kerr. And I'd put Miller up top with Austin. Austins pace is unreal and he'll beat any defender to a ball all day long. If houstie continues to drag all our creativity out of midfield with Kerr and taiwo in the middle then we're fucked imho.

Guest Back Post Misses

I think the result will almost be irrelevant as DU won't win at Cappilow

Anyway that aside and all injuries (that seem to be mounting up) heal the team has to be a positive one.

Thomson

Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy
Craigen McKee Taiwo Sibbald
Austin McHugh

I heard both Taiwo and Grant were limping after the game yesterday. I can almost see McCracken getting a game Saturday if the injuries don't clear up.

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think the result will almost be irrelevant as DU won't win at Cappilow

Anyway that aside and all injuries (that seem to be mounting up) heal the team has to be a positive one.

Thomson

Craigen McKee Taiwo Sibbald
Austin McHugh

I heard both Taiwo and Grant were limping after the game yesterday. I can almost see McCracken getting a game Saturday if the injuries don't clear up.

whats the story with Watson?

I fully expect DU to beat Morton. Morton have nothing to play for, might even rest players so there are no injuries for their semis. I would play Craigen in the middle. He drifts into the middle looking for the ball which leaves us narrow then looks dejected when he is pumped out wide again. Craigen can find a pass with flicks here or a bit of guile. Him and McKee in the middle with Sibbald left and Taiwo right.

Thomson
Taiwo Craigen McKee
Sibbald
Austin Miller

2 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I fully expect DU to beat Morton. Morton have nothing to play for, might even rest players so there are no injuries for their semis. I would play Craigen in the middle. He drifts into the middle looking for the ball which leaves us narrow then looks dejected when he is pumped out wide again. Craigen can find a pass with flicks here or a bit of guile. Him and McKee in the middle with Sibbald left and Taiwo right.

Thomson
Taiwo Craigen McKee
Sibbald
Austin Miller

i just dont get this morten resting players stuff, although they might still get beat as they are in shocking form right now. but you need to be going into the playoffs with your tail up and especiall playing against the team you will potentially be vying against in the next round.

for me id have taiwo and mckee in the middle as taiwo is better at breaking up play.

austin playing off miller should work.

Archived