Stirling v Arbroath

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

We are the best side in the league. Time to finish the job

Just remember you won't have 'won' the league...we 'lost' the league...but congratulations anyway.

19 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Just remember you won't have 'won' the league...we 'lost' the league...but congratulations anyway.

Elgin, Montrose, Annan, Stirling, Clyde, City, Cowden & Berwick also "lost" the league. That's because they didn't win as many points as Arbroath or Forfar from the 36 league games.

Only one measure counts next Saturday - whether we have more points over the season than you or vice versa (or if we're level on points, how it's decided by tiebreaker)

It doesn't matter a toss that you were top more weeks than we were. It's only the final standings that count.

What's happened to Bikey?

He has been decent. Got two goals and one assist I'm sure since his return. It's hard for him in games where he gets no service from the midfield and he gets marked by 2-3 players any time he touches the ball. He can't perform miracles every week. Think our fans expect too much from him.

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Even by your standards tbsouth, that is a awful post. Come the end of the season the club with the most points wins the league, deservedly so, no ifs not buts. Be it Arbroath or Forfar... all to play for. 

IF we win this thing on Saturday it's going to be absolutely delightful remembering TBsouth about it. Thankfully no other Arbroath or Forfar fan has set themselves up for a such a massive fall like he has.

I personally still fully expect Forfar to win it until 5pm Saturday evening where I will either be proven right or wrong. ;)

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

3 pages in and still no sign of big Steven ☹️

Fair play to the lad, he's not as big as he once was.

A few weeks ago I would of been confident of us putting a spanner in the work's.......not now, give Arbroath the title and Eddie Ferns pelters

A few weeks ago I would of been confident of us putting a spanner in the work's.......not now, give Arbroath the title and Eddie Ferns pelters

Id actually prefer Arbroath to win the league over Forfar, but Eddie Ferns winning a title after being a Stirling reject would be horrible.

Can see Ferns offering out the entire Albion support to a square go at 6pm at the Peak, if we win.

The difference in him is incredible....

Start of season

IMG_1493735387.165401.jpg

IMG_1493735397.964662.jpg

IMG_1493735426.531463.jpg

Now....

IMG_1493735439.584852.jpg

IMG_1493735447.923485.jpg

IMG_1493735455.879681.jpg

What a difference you see in his play now too. Everyone at Gayfield knew he just had to come home to start enjoying his football again.

Hopefully he has plenty pals in the Stirling team that would like to see him win a title....

Stevie D [emoji1145][emoji173]️

On 4/30/2017 at 10:16, 1320Lichtie said:

It says on the ground guide that 2508 seats in total, both stands look identical, so 1250 on each side. No extra stand will be required if that's the case... well I don't think so anyway. Absolutely no idea what to expect.

Had about 900 odd at Forfar I'd guess but that was only 20 minutes along the road.

I would say we had 2/3rds of the crowd at Farfir i.e. 1,000 and i reckon (5 buses already full) loads of fans taken the train then car etc we will take 1,200-1,500 to Stirling as we have taken 1,200 to both Parkheed and Hibs in the last few seasons for Scottish Cup days and i would say Saturday is a much more important game than that.

21 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

loads of fans taken the train then car etc we will take 1,200-1,500 to Stirling as we have taken 1,200 to both Parkheed and Hibs in the last few seasons for Scottish Cup days and i would say Saturday is a much more important game than that.

That would be an outstanding number if you could..........that boost in the gate receipts could give us the £40,000 needed to sign Bikey, just a thought.

1 minute ago, Devits said:

Hopefully Stirling Cricket Club have stocked their bar, 4 supporters buses heading their way on Saturday!

If not, remember you have the Supporters Club bar inside the Main Stand. The regulars in there are welcoming.

I would say we had 2/3rds of the crowd at Farfir i.e. 1,000 and i reckon (5 buses already full) loads of fans taken the train then car etc we will take 1,200-1,500 to Stirling as we have taken 1,200 to both Parkheed and Hibs in the last few seasons for Scottish Cup days and i would say Saturday is a much more important game than that.

f**k knows. Hard to tell. Never been in this position before really, well I can't remember a last day like this we've been involved in. Berwick away was sort of similar but that would've still went down to the last day at home for us if we had won.

Archived