Club registration rules

Yfs1

I think it is at their discretion.  Do you mean SYFA registration or simply registering to join the club?  If the player has been there long term and has a good attitude, I don't see why they wouldn't register him though?  From your other posts it seems like you are having some issues with you club - might be better to look for another club that is bigger/more inclusive.  What region are you in?

Yeah having a few probs the syfa have stated the rules to the club and have been a tremendous help as my lad was getting left out for weeks on end,he got his first game yesterday since syfa raised a concern.
They've now come back with a statement saying all kids should get equal playing time but they'll assess the team at the end of season and register only the players that are moving along in strength with the club!
Moving clubs is impossible as I've got other kids at the same club and to be honest as much as it saddens my kid to nit be playing he really loves his club ,he's been there since before his age group was introduced ,can't understand why kids football has to be so stressful [emoji17]

name and shame the club, i believe that all kids especially at non competitive levels should be registered and allowed to play. levels of ability will obviously vary but with adequate coaching and encouragement it will help develop them. this age group are still early in the development and i have seen how damaging to a childs self belief training with and not playing the games has on him/her

This is clearly wrong, players can't develop without both training and game time.  Is it the case the club has only one 2006 team and 2 many players attending training (ie maybe 14, 15) ?  If so i'd ask the club why can't we start a second team?  would you or other parents be able to help ? 

Players registered are insured thro hampden,  LONG term training without registration has the club other insurance for these players ?

Lots of questions maybe but a matter the club should take seriously

On 2017-4-29 at 18:53, Yfs1 said:

Is it at the clubs discretion if they register a kid ,if the child has been there for a long term and is well behaved and enjoys the club can they refuse him registration?

At 2006 level

Yeah, of course they can, they will let the kid go, it happens all the time, all over the country, no club is forced to take any kid. If that club doesn't think a kid is good enough then that kid simply has to find a new team. That's just the way it is. There are clubs out there who will take anyone just so they can get that monthly sub fee in, maybe that is where you are best going? Sometimes you just have to put the hands up and say my kid isn't suited to this club, we have to move. Every club is different and they all have different ways of dealing with players and parents etc. Your son is best to find his own level at a club who will make him welcome. He will undoubtedly enjoy his football more. I suspect you are pissing up against a wall going all "lawyery" almost on his current club. Move on mate, take him elsewhere. For his own good. Loads of clubs train on different nights, if logistics are an issue then find a club who suit you better. There are loads out there. 

Yeah, of course they can, they will let the kid go, it happens all the time, all over the country, no club is forced to take any kid. If that club doesn't think a kid is good enough then that kid simply has to find a new team. That's just the way it is. There are clubs out there who will take anyone just so they can get that monthly sub fee in, maybe that is where you are best going? Sometimes you just have to put the hands up and say my kid isn't suited to this club, we have to move. Every club is different and they all have different ways of dealing with players and parents etc. Your son is best to find his own level at a club who will make him welcome. He will undoubtedly enjoy his football more. I suspect you are pissing up against a wall going all "lawyery" almost on his current club. Move on mate, take him elsewhere. For his own good. Loads of clubs train on different nights, if logistics are an issue then find a club who suit you better. There are loads out there. 

Yeah I understand that but him being at the club was never an issue to the coaches until I asked for him to get equal game time as per the rules.
He's been at the same club for 4 years now and this was never a problem before.

21 minutes ago, Yfs1 said:

Yeah I understand that but him being at the club was never an issue to the coaches until I asked for him to get equal game time as per the rules.
He's been at the same club for 4 years now and this was never a problem before.

They would have been happy to take your monthly fees and leave your son playing minimal football without you saying anything. Now you have stood up to them, they won't like that. If i knew who it was i would definitely be able to advise better on how to approach it. :cheers

2 hours ago, shugsterk said:

Harsh but that's how it is. I don't see any benefit in persisting with a club we're you're not welcome.

• 1 month later...
 Btw, at 2006 level there's really no limit on the amount of players the club can register.
They must be a right piece of work...

Yeah they are that ,they just dropped my kid from the squad and won't register him for next season,11 years old playing 7 a side and dropped from a club he's been with for 5 years.
So angry,they only done this because I requested all kids get equal game time.
Complaint to syfa being written as we speak

2006s were registered from Jan 2017 and they stay live till June of next year.  Was your kid actually registered?  
Think you'd be far better off elsewhere mate

Really ?is that the same for all 06s ,were in ceffsa league,yeah I'm finding a new club for him just trying to work out what to tell him as he'll be devastated ,these people couldn't run a bath never mind a club,no thought for the kids at all ,kid was messed about since January by these people he only played 5 out of 15 games

yes,  normally you're registered for 1 calendar year but as 06s go to 11s next summer you wait till June.   If the BBC1 news article last week hasn't shut the SYFA down,  I'm sure they'd keep you right via your complaint.

If those arses didn't want your kid they should've had the testicular fortitude to say to you.    

Good luck for the future.

The issue of equal or fair time is a child protection issue for the majority of decent run clubs. How can anyone tell a 9, 10, 11 year old they aren't good enough.  

It's a matter the syfa need to be taking more seriously but given child protection is soon to be diluted despite the recent media attention I doubt much will happen to improve the situation.  

(Syfa plan online videos for child protection instead of people attending local courses)

Hope this case is sorted and the lad is playing games each week.

The issue of equal or fair time is a child protection issue for the majority of decent run clubs. How can anyone tell a 9, 10, 11 year old they aren't good enough.  
It's a matter the syfa need to be taking more seriously but given child protection is soon to be diluted despite the recent media attention I doubt much will happen to improve the situation.  
(Syfa plan online videos for child protection instead of people attending local courses)
Hope this case is sorted and the lad is playing games each week.

Thanks
Got him a trial at a club that openly practices equal match time ,wouldn't have been in this position if I never stated the club were breaking the rules as they only changed there policy once I flagged that but surely rules are there to be followed for the wellbeing of the kids.
When the ego of the staff is more important than the children's welfare there's a problem but I'm sure the syfa will take the necessary action to prevent that happening to other kids

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:53, Yfs1 said:

Is it at the clubs discretion if they register a kid ,if the child has been there for a long term and is well behaved and enjoys the club can they refuse him registration?

At 2006 level

A child can be let go at any stage for any reason as the coaches are usually in charge of the team but to be honest, it shouldn't really happen if there is no problem with the child turning up to training and a great attitude at an early age and willingness to learn.
I will say that once it gets serious standard, when the teams goes to from 7 to 11s then playing in a league and going for trophies, then the coaches may decide differently as they may want, (in their view), better players..

My own view is that every child will reach a certain level. by that I mean they will eventually reach that level when they are older, i.e. amateur, Junior, senior, full professional.
A coach of a team really has a duty to help improve the child in training, game time, technique, attitude, ability, understanding etc...
The coach has to remember its not about their baby, (the team), its about the child/youth improvement but parents need to remember a coach maybe a father or a player who has retired and now coaching from his own experience but child management, parent management is hard and takes a lot of time and importantly, understanding.

Its bad that the Syfa had to step in, the coaches should know the kid needs just as much playing time as all the others.
I've seen it happen, first hand and its not nice.   The best thing is for the child to move on and find a team more suited to his style.

I wouldn't name and shame his team on here as it will have a detrimental effect for the whole team and all the boys. Its not nice and it just maybe the coaches view, that's all and nothing wrong with his views, they are his views after all. As long as the coaches helps to improve the child then its a good start of the child's footballing journey, if the coach stifles the child in any way, training, not enough game time etc..   then the child should move on.

I wish your child all the best

P.S. does anyone know what is the official line on the age that the child/youth should have the same amount of game time as the rest.
There must be a cut off point, say u12's / 13's etc.. ?

Archived