18 Years ago today

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

18 Years ago today Scotland won 1-0 in Germany with a Don Hutchison goal. My first son was also born. He is now old enough to drink and has never seen Scotland qualify for a major championship. How long will he have to wait?

Pregnancy and Parenting thread for this pash - it wasn't a 'real' game.

BTW my eldest was 18 in December and she's a delight and so are her pals.  Teens get a bad press but I've not a bad word to say about them.

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

18 Years ago today Scotland won 1-0 in Germany with a Don Hutchison goal. My first son was also born. He is now old enough to drink and has never seen Scotland qualify for a major championship. How long will he have to wait?

The women's team are playing in the Euros this summer. OK, clutching at straws but... 

We qualify for every rugby world cup chris hoy didnt just qualify but won world n Olympic stuff, andy murray has won tennis slams Olympics n him n bruv have not just qualified but actually won the tennis world cup (davis cup). Some rowers canoe guys n a darts guy too have done some bigly world or Olympic stuff. We have also won snooker n golf things which may or may not be considered world things. This is all in last whit 18 years with a planet full of 7 n bit billion people.....reckon we are doing ok....tho no doubt oaksoft or mcspreader will try to blame snp for Scotland not winning at something.....

On 28/04/2017 at 19:29, Dunfermline Don said:

He'll probably be a Grandad before we qualify for another major championship :(

Gordon Strachan believes we can still qualify for the World Cup in Russia, so the answer to your question is one more year, maybe.

I broke up with my girlfriend that day - and she went mental when she saw me laughing and celebrating in the TV room at my uni halls of residence.

Great wee result in a genuinely meaningless football game.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I broke up with my girlfriend that day - and she went mental when she saw me laughing and celebrating in the TV room at my uni halls of residence.

Great wee result in a genuinely meaningless football game.

Heartless b*****d!

...:lol:

Christ knows. What's more likely, a qualification for a major tournament or a decent centre half pairing?

Archived