Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I think we've got our answer as to why Nicola Sturgeon resigned so suddenly with no successor in place. 

I wouldn't be too sure.

If that were so Murrell would have gone at the same time - he would have still been in place now if it weren't for the lies over membership figures.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Wings is going to be insufferable - even more than usual. 

He is almost certainly right that there was something dodgy going on there, which most people could probably see. The old stopped clock, really. Unfortunately, this stopped clock will have the begging bowls out. 

Sturgeon going very suddenly would probably indicte some knowing there was an air of inevitably about this happening in the foreseeable future. 

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

If that were so Murrell would have gone at the same time - he would have still been in place now if it weren't for the lies over membership figures.

See, that whole saga strikes me as the behaviour of someone - and I'm not saying it was necessarily Murrell - trying to hide something.  

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

Had he not said he was going to resign after the election for a successor?

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual suspects on Twitter jumping the gun.

That being said there's nothing about him being charged with any offence - if they did have anything you think they'd have to move on it today.

“A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal”.  Sounds to me like that might not be far away.  Shitshow is absolutely right.  The SNP is about to eat itself. 

Edited by Savage Henry

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual suspects on Twitter jumping the gun.

That being said there's nothing about him being charged with any offence - if they did have anything you think they'd have to move on it today.

15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As I've said- I don't think he's done anything legally wrong - but what's been done is morally wrong.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

This Is Fine GIF

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think we've got our answer as to why Nicola Sturgeon resigned so suddenly with no successor in place. 

Social media is already VERY interesting, with the same types who are claiming that Donald Trump being arrested is the start of a downfall having the law go after political targets for finance-based charges, also revelling in the fact that Peter Murrell has just been arrested for...erm...finance-based charges.

Wow.

Another massive blow for the SNP. This is like watching a car crash in slow motion that many people predicted.

I wonder how continuity candidate Humza will cope with the inevitable fallout. 

Hopefully Sturgeon will be on Loose Woman again sometime soon to provide us with some more information. 

Did all those bots tracking deleted tweets by MPs and MSPs get punted? There's going to be a big scramble to delete anything praising Murrell, some of that coming just two weeks ago when he resigned, including from Humza Yousaf.

Surely to f**k, no-one will defend Murrell now. Even the party apparatchiks (has anyone checked on Mhairi Hunter?).

The issue is that the whole NEC is effectively culpable. In hindsight, when the Treasurer resigned and half the Audit Committee, the NEC should have stepped in. This is a colossal failure in governance at the very top of the party. 

Humza doesn't have many cards here other than "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation" and authorising a root and branch review of the Party's operations. 

Edited by Trogdor