Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

UK Govt now “considering” a s35 order to prevent Royal Assent.

If it weren’t for the impact that would have on the Trans community, I almost hope they do.  As it is, I hope the consideration is short lived, and filed in the bin where it belongs. 

Edited by Wee Bully

I can't see how an s35 would stand up, as it's clear after Lady Haldane's ruling and the rejections of the multitude of 'poison pill' amendments that the GRC reforms do not modify reserved law in any way, and if Westminster chooses not to recognise reformed GRC's issued in Scotland then that is entirely a matter for them. Westminster does not currently recognise GRC's in any case, so it's not as if this tramples over a pre-existing piece of Westminster legislation.

Edited by Boo Khaki

41 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'll admit to being one of the misanthropes who generally describes Scotland in negative terms, which I usually put down to the dreich, miserable climate, but just once in a blue moon something happens that reminds me we're no actually a bad bunch at all.

Thanks to the 86 MSP's who saw right through the lies, slander, absolutely baseless hysterical bullshit about the sky falling in, and voted to make life a wee bit easier for a minority group. Well played.

What a lot of pish. Common sense right out of the window. Embarrassing 

Just now, Wee Bully said:

In what way?  Be specific about your issues with this Bill please.

In every way, and absolutely not. It’s as clear as day what this is and there’s no winning with anybody that supports it.

The same arguments and sound bites, people convincing themselves they are the good guys and the progressives when they’re living in their own wee delusional worlds 

SNP / Sturgeon are a total embarrassment now, coming from someone who was their biggest supporter only 3/4 years ago. 

This will not go down well 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In every way, and absolutely not. It’s as clear as day what this is and there’s no winning with anybody that supports it.

The same arguments and sound bites, people convincing themselves they are the good guys and the progressives when they’re living in their own wee delusional worlds 

SNP / Sturgeon are a total embarrassment now, coming from someone who was their biggest supporter only 3/4 years ago. 

Is anyone surprised to see 1888Likktie outing himself as a seething, mouth breathing transphobe?

No, not one person is surprised.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

Is anyone surprised to see 1888Likktie outing himself as a seething, mouth breathing transphobe?

No, not one person is surprised.

And there it is…. You know it’s all a lot of bullshit deep down, but telling yourself it’s not and resorting to calling people bigots is the only argument you’ll ever see from the ‘good guys’

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Only with the sorts of losers who would re-criminalise homosexuality tomorrow if they could get away with it, or as most other folk refer to them, Alba Da's and Tories. 

Embarrassing comment. Sure the biggest voice against this within the SNP is infact a homosexual woman.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And there it is…. You know it’s all a lot of bullshit deep down, but telling yourself it’s not and resorting to calling people bigots is the only argument you’ll ever see from the ‘good guys’

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Embarrassing comment. Sure the biggest voice against this within the SNP is infact a homosexual woman.

What a fucking state to get into 😂

Why on earth are you so angry about this? 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What're your actual concerns then? That's multiple posts you've made - having already been asked - and you've yet to give anything remotely approaching a reason (let alone a valid one) as to why it's "a lot of pish" and "embarrassing".

Back up your assertions, or expect to be accused of being a bigot.

7 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Does Kate Forbes not get a vote on the trans bill when she is on maternity leave?

There is no proxy voting system at Holyrood, however, their Standards, Procedures, and Public Appointments Committee last month recommended they pilot a trial system through next year.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

What a fucking state to get into 😂

Why on earth are you so angry about this? 

Maybe he’s a doctor that makes a killing in overtime sitting on gender dysphoria panels? As far as I can see, they’re about the only ones with a viable claim to be annoyed. 

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They passed a more or less identical bill in Ireland in 2015 and I haven't heard of hoards of beardy men in dresses invading ladies toilets, or any other bad effects on women. Feel free to put me right if I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They passed a more or less identical bill in Ireland in 2015 and I haven't heard of hoards of beardy men in dresses invading ladies toilets, or any other bad effects on women. Feel free to put me right if I'm wrong.

Scotland is now country number 19 to de-medicalise the transitioning process. 350m people live in countries with such legislations; Scotland isn’t a pioneer here