Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 02/12/2022 at 12:30, btb said:

Take away Scotland's land mass and prob'ly more importantly territorial waters then most of what England (& Wales) would have left if us & NI left would be adjacent to the EU :rolleyes: so their delusion of still being a world power would be gone.

Oh and they'd have to move their nukes down south which'd probably be unpopular too.

Just opening this point up for debate really.  Is this honestly going to happen?? I'm not sure, yes it's part of the SNP plans and something that has heavy backing throughout the Yes campaign, but that doesn't mean it will.

There are sovereign military bases all around the world that are classed as UK or US land within forgein countries, I think through the bargaining process which would take place during any break up, Faslane and Coulport would be used as pawning chips and I also suspect the nukes will remain as it would be British land rather than Scotland's. The Scottish government will play it as a potential short term deal and maybe even spin it as a way to keep jobs and investment in the short term, but I honestly don't think they would get rid.

Now please don't get me wrong, this isn't what I want to happen, it's just what I think would happen.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Just opening this point up for debate really.  Is this honestly going to happen?? I'm not sure, yes it's part of the SNP plans and something that has heavy backing throughout the Yes campaign, but that doesn't mean it will.

There are sovereign military bases all around the world that are classed as UK or US land within forgein countries, I think through the bargaining process which would take place during any break up, Faslane and Coulport would be used as pawning chips and I also suspect the nukes will remain as it would be British land rather than Scotland's. The Scottish government will play it as a potential short term deal and maybe even spin it as a way to keep jobs and investment in the short term, but I honestly don't think they would get rid.

Now please don't get me wrong, this isn't what I want to happen, it's just what I think would happen.

Rather than a Gibraltar/Kaliningrad British enclave being formed around our west coast, I see a simple leasing arrangement for the about 5-10 years it would take them to rebase the deterrent. And all the rotting hulks and other shite they'll need to decontaminate and basically tidy up and f**k off. 

Not at all keen on the idea of letting them have a chunk of our new country. History shows us how incredibly difficult it is to get rid of the wankers. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is the exact issue.

For those wanting NewJock it isn't a problem.  

That Sturgeons Husband has money? That Sturgeon has a husband who has money? 

A mess of a post, devoid of a point but commendably and remarkably concise. Bravo. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

There is a certain irony in that those #stopsturgeon bams love reminding us that Scotland must toe the Westminster line on another IndyRef...............while simultaneously failing to remove Sturgeon using the readily available route via the ballot box every few years.😆

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

With the amount of filibustering the Tories have been doing the wean will be 6 by the time it comes to a vote, she’ll be fine. 

She needs all the time she can to decide what Jesus would do in the vote.

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Doesn’t matter now, bill passes 86-39. Seethe and cope. 

Wee Joanne right now (I sense we’ll soon be seeing gratuitous Harry Potter-related analogies and a 1000-page novel about a sinister politician leading an army of murderous men in dresses):

12FDAF59-E338-42E8-BEDA-0F722C91C810.gif

Edited by Antlion

I'll admit to being one of the misanthropes who generally describes Scotland in negative terms, which I usually put down to the dreich, miserable climate, but just once in a blue moon something happens that reminds me we're no actually a bad bunch at all.

Thanks to the 86 MSP's who saw right through the lies, slander, absolutely baseless hysterical bullshit about the sky falling in, and voted to make life a wee bit easier for a minority group. Well played.