Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

This is going to create a sizable black market in backstreet abortion clinics.

Anyone who supports this is a fucking moron.

The good thing about the ignore function is that you can avoid the fucking morons. 

Just because there's an eejit on the opposite side of the street shouting at lampposts doesn't mean that sane folk have to engage with them. 

13 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The good thing about the ignore function is that you can avoid the fucking morons. 

Just because there's an eejit on the opposite side of the street shouting at lampposts doesn't mean that sane folk have to engage with them. 

Maybe one day the clueless troll will grasp the consequences of his asinine comments.

3 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Maybe one day the clueless troll will grasp the consequences of his asinine comments.

That’s not how it works.  Trolls will deliberately post asinine/provocative/shite comments in order to get a response.  That is what trolling is.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What happened in the US this week is disastrous for women but it's very encouraging that Sturgeon appears to be getting ahead of this issue becoming a potential problem in Scotland.

The idea of introducing 150m buffer zones around abortion clinics is excellent. Hopefully this is one of those occasions where opposition parties will work with the government to bring in the necessary changes as soon as possible.

Abortion summit Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon says Scottish Government considering ‘test council’ to enact legislation on buffer zones (msn.com)

In the finest traditions of "SNP bad", the Tories will probably oppose it, arguing instead for 149m or 151.

52 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I don’t support the backstreet clinics either.

P.S. Name calling and swearing doesn’t add weight to your argument.

I didn't use swearing to add weight to my argument. I used it because those people are fucking morons.

17 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

In the finest traditions of "SNP bad", the Tories will probably oppose it, arguing instead for 149m or 151.

Perhaps one furlong would be appropriate (201m) 

18 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

I didn't use swearing to add weight to my argument. I used it because those people are fucking morons.

Your language leaves a lot to be desired.

Make your argument without using disgusting terminology.

Others, quite legitimately, will have opposing views to you.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Other, quite legitimately, will have opposing views to you.

Don't tell me how to write posts.

f**k off.

A genuine question: why is Sturgeon offering to "support" councils who want to implement a bye-law enforcing the 150m buffer zone instead of just passing a law in Parliament enforcing it nationwide?

The idea of using a bye-law for this already appears to have been discredited by legal advice. It seems like an extremely convoluted and ineffective way of solving this issue when she could simply pass a law mandating buffer zones in Holyrood.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

A genuine question: why is Sturgeon offering to "support" councils who want to implement a bye-law enforcing the 150m buffer zone instead of just passing a law in Parliament enforcing it nationwide?

The idea of using a bye-law for this already appears to have been discredited by legal advice. It seems like an extremely convoluted and ineffective way of solving this issue when she could simply pass a law mandating buffer zones in Holyrood.

Probably the time it takes to get legislation through 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Probably the time it takes to get legislation through 

Surely it will take significantly longer to engage with GCC, draft the bye-law, endure a court case (in which victory appears to be far from certain) and then enact it?

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Surely it will take significantly longer to engage with GCC, draft the bye-law, endure a court case (in which victory appears to be far from certain) and then enact it?

Id doubt it, mainly because the parliamentary will have its work well planned out in advance, so it would need a slot at committee stage. 

Whereas because the council's are just back they will be arranging all the business of the term and they might even carry on during the summer holidays (I'm not sure) whereas the parliamentary is about to go into recess until early September.

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

P.S. Name calling and swearing doesn’t add weight to your argument.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What a pair of fucking snowflakes! :lol:

Always amusing to see the trolls come over all Mary Whitehouse about the completely unfair reactions to their perfectly reasonable good faith arguments that people just don't have the intelligence to counter  :lol: