Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

I'd like to congratulate Nicola on making the Russian no-fly list.

A list of of top UK politicians no longer allowed entry into Putin's Russia. It's not the recognition i want. But it is recognition. :)

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Always amazes me how little they've managed to dig up on her, to the point that the quest has unhinged more than a few minds.

She's a poliician, FFS - she's bound to have had somebody murdered.

It is isn't it? Still, "but her sister sells t-shirts online!" Still has me chuckling.

2 minutes ago, Zern said:

I'd like to congratulate Nicola on making the Russian no-fly list.

A list of of top UK politicians no longer allowed entry into Putin's Russia. It's not the recognition i want. But it is recognition. :)

You can't get rid of a war First Minister, you'd be playing right into Putins hands.  In fact everyone who even mentions this non story is in effect killing Ukranians. Awful. 

Is it really such a contemptible statement to say that Boris majorly fucked up, probably purposefully broke the rules and lied like a c**t and should rightfully resign whereas Sturgeon was probably complacent however should know better and act to a higher standard considering she sets the rules she forgot to follow?

An apology would suffice and I don't think the two instances are a fair comparison but I do think they're both wrong on some level. 

Agree that an apology would probably be fair enough. 100% compliance with restrictions 100% of the time isnt reasonable to expect from the public but the more theyre deviated from (especially during peak periods for covid transmission) the worse covid rates get all round, but even at that vaccinations have been available for a long time now so... meh, says i.

If someone leans in a bit close to me at the shops to get to a shelf mask or no mask i dont really give a shit anymore, tbh i was guilty of that myself early on at the height of the pandemic. Habits arent easy to break.

Only way id give a shit is if it turns out she knew she was positive for covid and cutting about w/o a mask. The cross country train journey fiasco was worthy of outcry, this ought to be a bit of a nothingburger.

Edit: ferrier, that was it. Something something not the only snp fuckup involving ferries

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

19 hours ago, monthefife said:

I fully accept that some people have a dislike of Sturgeon. That is entirely your right. 

But to try and use this latest 'mask-gate' thing as some kind of a "gotcha!" moment or to try and equate it with what BoJo and his staff/pals have been up to with party-gate, completely and utterly reeks of desperation. It's absolutely pathetic. 

Quite a common opinion sadly. Overheard a boy saying "she has to go, she's called for Boris to go so she has to go too" 

Aye mate, they're absolutely on a par with each other. 😏

13 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Is it really such a contemptible statement to say that Boris majorly fucked up, probably purposefully broke the rules and lied like a c**t and should rightfully resign whereas Sturgeon was probably complacent however should know better and act to a higher standard considering she sets the rules she forgot to follow?

An apology would suffice and I don't think the two instances are a fair comparison but I do think they're both wrong on some level. 

True enough. 

Reminds me of the bad old days when politicians would featherbed themselves and their mates, while pointing at the poor and the "entitlement" mindset on immigration/benefits and saying "don't look at us, look over there! Those bad people are taking your money!"

Except it's not the bad old days, is it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone in England is choking to find out how many people actually live there. There were 2.5m more EU citizens than the pre referendum estimate the 2011 total population estimate was probably miles off. 

Putting in questions up here which were clearly designed to piss people off was a terrible idea.