Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Appalling behaviour by Sturgeon.

Doesn’t she realise he’s been playing for Clyde for the last 5 years?
She is absolutely appalling.

I always thought that people with left wing views had compassion and forgiveness and believed in forgiveness?

Stop Press :- Nicola Sturgeon is a politician, not a football pundit.

Otherwise enjoying your faux outrage. Keep it up.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I always thought that people with left wing views had compassion and forgiveness and believed in forgiveness?

Would you welcome him to Falkirk?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm certain the answer would be no, but i'm also not entirely sure that's relevant. Would she have said anything if he'd signed a new deal at Clyde?

NS suffers from being unable to not get involved in trying to say the right thing about everything.

It's not up to her who, if anyone, decides to employ him. Especially as, up until this week (based on her never having brought him up before despite him playing regularly) i'm almost certain she had absolutely no idea who he was.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm certain the answer would be no

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I was in favour of us signing him

Well, there we go.

Folk moaning about Sturgeon comments, would be the same people moaning if she never said anything about the top thing on every news programme, newspaper, social media etc,
Sturgeon could come to there door and hand them a cheque for a £1 million and these people would be straight on social media slagging her for it not being in cash.

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Folk moaning about Sturgeon comments, would be the same people moaning if she never said anything about the top thing on every news programme, newspaper, social media etc,
Sturgeon could come to there door and hand them a cheque for a £1 million and these people would be straight on social media slagging her for it not being in cash.

I'm curious about this claim that she wants the SPFL involved, I can't find the quote anywhere, just a Sky headline with no attribution.

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

That’s just ridiculous.

She obviously knows or cares little about football and even less about Goodwillie.

Before she opines on a subject she should do a little research and avoid making such a mess of it.

As mentioned I haven’t heard her cover  the topic all the time he was playing for Clyde.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'm curious about this claim that she wants the SPFL involved, I can't find the quote anywhere, just a Sky headline with no attribution.

She's just been quoted as saying just that on BBC Reporting Scotland.

Wonder what she would say if Rovers appointed Alex Salmond in some kind of an advisory role?

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

She's just been quoted as saying just that on BBC Reporting Scotland.

Wonder what she would say if Rovers appointed Alex Salmond in some kind of an advisory role?

Was this out of her own mouth, or just a "she said" thing? Just find it a bit weird that Sky cut that bit out of their video interview clip, if she actually said it.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Was this out of her own mouth, or just a "she said" thing? Just find it a bit weird that Sky cut that bit out of their video interview clip, if she actually said it.

It was a "she said" thing, but I believe every word that Laura Miller utters.

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That’s just ridiculous.

She obviously knows or cares little about football and even less about Goodwillie.

Before she opines on a subject she should do a little research and avoid making such a mess of it.

As mentioned I haven’t heard her cover  the topic all the time he was playing for Clyde.

I would imagine that Journalists have never asked her opinion on his time with Clyde.  As FM she is faced by journalists every single day and will be asked for a comment about major stories in Scotland.  Have you heard Gordon Brown say anything in the past about Goodwillie?

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

As FM she is faced by journalists every single day and will be asked for a comment about major stories in Scotland.

Football player transfers from one Scottish club to another Scottish club is a pretty low bar for Major stories in Scotland though.

She's only been asked about it because she herself chose to tweet about it last night.

It's absolutely not the place of NS to decide who can and cannot play professional football. Never mind when you consider she is someone who thought Janey Godley was the right person to front a public health campaign.

Well maybe if he showed some remorse which he hasn't. Supporting an unremorseful rapist DPB, a new low for you.

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I would imagine that Journalists have never asked her opinion on his time with Clyde.  As FM she is faced by journalists every single day and will be asked for a comment about major stories in Scotland.  Have you heard Gordon Brown say anything in the past about Goodwillie?

As a RR fan he’s entitled to an opinion.

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well maybe if he showed some remorse which he hasn't. Supporting an unremorseful rapist DPB, a new low for you.

I’m not making light of  what happened or supporting him but, apparently, he still maintains it was consensual and, if that’s correct, he can’t apologise. Obviously, the judge didn’t believe him.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m not making light of  what happened or supporting him but, apparently, he still maintains it was consensual and, if that’s correct, he can’t apologise. Obviously, the judge didn’t believe him.

This is just fucking horseshit, m8.

Even if he maintains it was consensual, he can say something along the lines of “I accept that my actions that night, while not criminal, have caused a lot of pain and for that I apologise”

Even Ched Evans managed that.

There’s also the fact that he’s obviously, definitely lying.