Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The first stage is denial.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and votes for Brexit like a dick…

I didn’t vote for Brexit 🤣

You forget, like many of the SNP cult, that not everyone is far right or far left. 

George Galloway is currently a psychotic, far-right extremist (inasmuch as he’s anything other than an attention seeking whore). He also supported Brexit, which kind of undoes your claim that A) he’s left wing and B) Brexit was opposed by a left wing conspiracy. Scotland and England don’t have deficits; the UK does (with Scotland and England assigned portions of it). This is hardly doing wonders for your pro-UK argument. Clearly, membership of this union is destroying Scotland.
The point you’re dancing around is this: why should I (or anyone) believe a right-winger with a BritNat agenda’s claim that Scotland is so pathetically poor it couldn’t afford a single public service if not for England’s altruistic bounty, when you didn’t believe allegedly left-wing, agenda-laden claims about the UK not surviving outside the EU?
He's also anti-semitic shitebag.

15 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I didn’t vote for Brexit 🤣

You forget, like many of the SNP cult, that not everyone is far right or far left. 

That’s even worse (if true, which it probably isn’t). You’re willing to meekly accept Brexit being inflicted on Scotland as the price of MUH UNION, and even to defend Farage (and Johnson) and condemn economists and the media as left wing for daring to question something you didn’t even want. We can add “utter obsequious servitude” and “a total lack of principles” to “believes Scotland is too wee, poor, and stupid” to the list of BritNat tropes on display.

Isn’t amazing just how many born-again champions of Brexit will defend it and its enablers to the hilt but absolutely, positively didn’t vote for it?

1 hour ago, Zern said:

The trouble you have is that the reality of their respective public careers does not correlate to them behaving in a remotely equal manner. You're swimming against reality when you imagine that the only reason for their vastly differing histories is because Nicola is simply smarter at covering it up. 

The more mundane explanation is that Nicola is simply more straightforward and more honest.

Less prone to dishonesty.

No secret parties. No affairs. Not been fired for being grossly dishonest and delinquent.

Given the top down management and the banning of dissent within the SNP, I am quite comfortable in my analysis thanks.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Antlion said:
George Galloway is currently a psychotic, far-right extremist (inasmuch as he’s anything other than an attention seeking whore). He also supported Brexit, which kind of undoes your claim that A) he’s left wing and B) Brexit was opposed by a left wing conspiracy. Scotland and England don’t have deficits; the UK does (with Scotland and England assigned portions of it). This is hardly doing wonders for your pro-UK argument. Clearly, membership of this union is destroying Scotland.
The point you’re dancing around is this: why should I (or anyone) believe a right-winger with a BritNat agenda’s claim that Scotland is so pathetically poor it couldn’t afford a single public service if not for England’s altruistic bounty, when you didn’t believe allegedly left-wing, agenda-laden claims about the UK not surviving outside the EU?

He's also anti-semitic shitebag.

I was meaning new things.

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

That’s even worse (if true, which it probably isn’t). You’re willing to meekly accept Brexit being inflicted on Scotland as the price of MUH UNION, and even to defend Farage (and Johnson) and condemn economists and the media as left wing for daring to question something you didn’t even want. We can add “utter obsequious servitude” and “a total lack of principles” to “believes Scotland is too wee, poor, and stupid” to the list of BritNat tropes on display.

Isn’t amazing just how many born-again champions of Brexit will defend it and its enablers to the hilt but absolutely, positively didn’t vote for it?

I believed we were better in the EU but ultimately I knew it wasn’t going to make that much of an impact on our way of life. 

I forget the EU is a utopian political organisation 🙃

1 minute ago, sophia said:

We love Nicola, she's lovely and we know she loves us

FJFjmp4XwAQNDGG.jpeg

Bloody cultist! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m away to add another layer of tinfoil to my hat before the left wing economists and media can steal my thoughts. 

Given the top down management and the banning of dissent within the SNP, I am quite comfortable in my analysis thanks.
Nope.

You're just being contrary as usual.

The whataboutery is those who try to equate the behaviour of the First Minister as being as bad as the Prime Minister.

It's utter fucking tosh and deflection.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nope.

You're just being contrary as usual.

The whataboutery is those who try to equate the behaviour of the First Minister as being as bad as the Prime Minister.

It's utter fucking tosh and deflection.

Piss off.  I have consistently posted that Nicola is a liar.  It didn't take vaccine passports or Covid to bring this out, just more people are seeing it.

As I already said, Boris lies, Nicola lies, politicians lie.  I can't help it if you were one of the ones that were fooled by the notion that she was somehow different.  

None so blind etc. etc.

Edited by strichener

Piss off.  I have consistently posted that Nicola is a liar.  It didn't take vaccine passports or Covid to bring this out, just more people are seeing it.
As I already said, Boris lies, Nicola lies, politicians lie.  I can't help it if you were one of the ones that were fooled by the notion that she was somehow different.  
None so blind etc. etc.
She's still living absolutely rent free in your head. Glorious [emoji23]

3 hours ago, strichener said:

You're delusional.

You're looking at the lack of evidence of guilt from Nicola and declaring that it must exist because you say so. Then going further and condemning her for covering up the non-existent evidence!

As we saw from the malformed ideas stuffed in the head of the man from Falkirk; you guys don't have anything to point to other than your very shitty opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Just not your own facts.

It’s interesting how many UK Nats (primarily online but also in newspaper comments, etc.) are desperate for Sturgeon to go. #SturgeonOut seems to be their thing; the dreadful, awful, evil KRANKIE must go, go, go - yesterday, preferably. Conversely, a hell of lot of independence supporters are eager for Johnson to stay, in the hopes that his incompetence, his hatred of Scotland, and his general cuntitude will further weaken the UK.

This presumably means something. Surely if Sturgeon was as hated as BritNats claim (and I say this as an independence supporter who finds her uninspiring), they would share the attitude Indy supporters have about Johnson; they’d want her to stay, believing that her incompetence and tyranny will destroy her party’s cause and strengthen feeling for the UK. Yet they don’t - they want her out, gone, preferably deposited in a penal colony in Siberia.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

It’s interesting how many UK Nats (primarily online but also in newspaper comments, etc.) are desperate for Sturgeon to go. #SturgeonOut seems to be their thing; the dreadful, awful, evil KRANKIE must go, go, go - yesterday, preferably. Conversely, a hell of lot of independence supporters are eager for Johnson to stay, in the hopes that his incompetence, his hatred of Scotland, and his general cuntitude will further weaken the UK.

This presumably means something. Surely if Sturgeon was as hated as BritNats claim (and I say this as an independence supporter who finds her uninspiring), they would share the attitude Indy supporters have about Johnson; they’d want her to stay, believing that her incompetence and tyranny will destroy her party’s cause and strengthen feeling for the UK. Yet they don’t - they want her out, gone, preferably deposited in a penal colony in Siberia.

They hate her because she is good at her job, popular, with a international reputation and record that is the envy of many an aspiring politician. There is no stain of corruption there. So they have to make it up.

It is one of the many many reasons why i like her so much.

She drives them absolutely nuts every day by not being the caricature of the person that they want her to be.

Kind of similar to the vitriol that Greta gets.

(and it's totally NOT because they are women)