Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I concur, I sadly did look at it and now massively regret it.

The Covid thread has long been the home for those with a certain political agenda. Many of these nutcases will have been delighted with today's announcement, as it gives them a chance to scream louder. 

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

As this poll was taken BEFORE she put is into near lockdown, your comment may be deemed rather irrelevant. 

Only if you think there is large scale opposition to the measures rather than a tiny minority of moon howlers.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Was it really only 15 years ago that Scottish Labour were indulging in this type of arrogant behaviour, thinking they were invincible up here?

How are Labour getting on now?

It's as though people are allergic to learning the lessons from others.

People like you have been saying that for years. 

Now, while I most certainly don't agree with the current restrictions, it's laughable to believe that a small number of nutcase moonhowlers on a football forum are completely representative of the Scottish electorate as a whole. 

The vast majority of people are far more nuanced than that. 

I'm surprised that you've had the guts to come on here and spew the same tedious shite that you post all day, every day on the covid thread. 

You won't get the same reach arounds on here as you do from the puce faces weirdos on there. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Was it really only 15 years ago that Scottish Labour were indulging in this type of arrogant behaviour, thinking they were invincible up here?

How are Labour getting on now?

It's as though people are allergic to learning the lessons from others.

I agree about Labour's arrogance, but don't think it was the cause of their downfall.  Their downfall was purely the constitutional question IMO.. if it wasn't for that then their base would still be there.

The only things that'll lose the SNP a significant chunk of votes now are for them to appoint a disastrous leader (Yousaf anyone?) or for the public to decide the SNP isn't a vehicle for independence.  I genuinely think all the recent defectors will flock back.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

P.S I'm delighted Cherry has been neutralised.

Edited by Scott Steiner

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Only if you think there is large scale opposition to the measures rather than a tiny minority of moon howlers.

To put this in context, I was an active member of the SNP until Tuesday this week.  I think my posting history should back that up, and I don’t think i qualify as a moonhowler. 

However, on Tuesday a bit of me died inside.  I’ve agreed with 90% of what has been done so far, and understood the other 10%.  That has ended, as has my trust in NS.   I will always vote for independence (and that probably means voting SNP as a means to an end) but all motivation is gone and i might even spoil my ballot at the local elections.

“Eyes on the Prize” is just a wee bit harder just now.  

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure about that TBH.

The SNP went from nowhere to landslide pretty much overnight without having a particularly different message to sell.

Salmond coming back defnitely helped - I do remember that.

I also remember a lot of talk about people feeling taken for granted by Labour. Red rosette on a donkey stuff.

A charismatic opposition leader will be needed and in the meantime, Sturgeon's popularity seems to be fading away (40 points down on her personal rating).

IndyRef2 and a lack of opposition is keeping the SNP afloat right now.

Will be interesting to see how long that lasts though.

Not all the defectors will be back but some probably will. I absolutely won't. I'm done with all of them and I'm not alone.

Of course, the hardcore cultists in the SNP support won't see the end coming. They never do. That's by no means the majority of SNP voters though.

I'm now casting my mind back to 2011 and Salmond did indeed get his majority, which was how he got IndyRef.. how could I forget that?

There was still a major Labour-base shift to the SNP after '14, but aye you're right.. Salmond coming back would have probably been the main original cause for the switch.  I do remember the red rosette on a donkey type of stuff as well as Iain Gray being an awful Labour leader, the type who looked unnatural when he smiled, a bit like Starmer in that respect.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

To put this in context, I was an active member of the SNP until Tuesday this week.  I think my posting history should back that up, and I don’t think i qualify as a moonhowler. 

However, on Tuesday a bit of me died inside.  I’ve agreed with 90% of what has been done so far, and understood the other 10%.  That has ended, as has my trust in NS.   I will always vote for independence (and that probably means voting SNP as a means to an end) but all motivation is gone and i might even spoil my ballot at the local elections.

“Eyes on the Prize” is just a wee bit harder just now.  

Good for you, you've just given me the impetus I needed to join first thing tomorrow.

I'm sorry but if you agree with 90% and understand the remaining 10% and you are taking that stance, my advice is to avoid gazing at the night sky.

This board has a lot of competition for the look at me prize 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I see @Bairnardo has reacted and that for me is a badge of honour.

As @Granny Danger opined, once reasonable contributors have lost perspective and I actually think that is a shame 

Its just an awful post mate. You are literally talking about joining a political party purely becasue someone else doesnt like the direction of travel and decided to leave. This isn't the school playground.