Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 25/10/2021 at 22:59, Baxter Parp said:

It really is pathetic but at least he's not as ludicrous as Donald MacLeod MBE. 

There's a steady stream of the likes of him and on the other end of the spectrum, union reps making huge political mischief.

They can all be spotted a mile off.

The tragedy of the how union officials conduct themselves shouldn't be too difficult. They'd be far stronger if they concentrated on the day job.

On 26/10/2021 at 21:28, NotThePars said:

Useful for getting loans etc from your workplace if you have one season ticket that covers all the transport in your city.

ETA: things like all day tickets etc will be easier to manage (and almost definitely cheaper) if all transport was held under the control of the local authority as well.

Is that not "a thing" any more? 

When I was in Glasgow decades ago we has a Strathclyde Transcard that gave unlimited travel on the bus, trains and the underground.  Did that get bombed out when Strathclyde Region was abolished? 

I’m not so sure that exposing her inner thoughts to Vogue magazine is particularly aligned with her core voters in Govanhill, I think it’s more of a play to the global elite. But maybe that’s just me being the cynic. 

Im reading it as that as soon as she can find some traction for a cushy berth within the EU or UN, she’ll be off. But what do I know? Time will tell…

It BEGGARS BELIEF that while there are CHILDREN STARVING somewhere that STURGEON would be so OUT OF TOUCH to be PHOTOGRAPHED wearing CLOTHES in a MAGAZINE 

Here's what this RESIDENT THINKS of NAT glamourpuss STURGEONS UNSEEMLY ANTICS 

*insert picture of Lanarkshire bandsman giving thumbs down next to a burning babybox containing a copy of Vogue a stuffed rat and a saltire*

19 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It BEGGARS BELIEF that while there are CHILDREN STARVING somewhere that STURGEON would be so OUT OF TOUCH to be PHOTOGRAPHED wearing CLOTHES in a MAGAZINE 

Here's what this RESIDENT THINKS of NAT glamourpuss STURGEONS UNSEEMLY ANTICS 

*insert picture of Lanarkshire bandsman giving thumbs down next to a burning babybox containing a copy of Vogue a stuffed rat and a saltire*

Screenshot_20211030-083541_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211030-083735_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I’m not so sure that exposing her inner thoughts to Vogue magazine is particularly aligned with her core voters in Govanhill, I think it’s more of a play to the global elite. But maybe that’s just me being the cynic. 

That's not how you spell arsehole.

12 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Im reading it as that as soon as she can find some traction for a cushy berth within the EU or UN, she’ll be off. But what do I know? Time will tell…

I think there's an element in the SNP's recent posturing circa the People's Vote era to normalise Scottish independence to the sensibles. They've got the poor on board and are now trying to bring along the middle classes. 

13 hours ago, alta-pete said:

If she only had to appeal to the voters of Govanhill we'd have been independent in 2014.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

First time I've seen this, very Trumpian. "Many people are calling her The First Narcissist."

I'm hearing it a lot, that's all I'm saying.

People are seeing what's going on and making up their own minds; they're very smart.

I'm really looking forward to our First Minister using cop 26 as an opportunity to promote our independence.  There will be lots of world leaders there and she can say how devolution limits what we can do to make the world greener, and if independent we could do so much more. 

And while she is at it, maybe she could declare independence having such a large majority of indy mp/msps.  International recognition straight away. 

Sadly she won't. 

#dissolvetheunion

Edited by Kenneth840

4 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I'm really looking forward to our First Minister using cop 26 as an opportunity to promote our independence.  There will be lots of world leaders there and she can say how devolution limits what we can do to make the world greener, and if independent we could do so much more. 

And while she is at it, maybe she could declare independence having such a large majority of indy mp/msps.  International recognition straight away. 

Sadly she won't. 

#dissolvetheunion

Truth is very few, if any, are going to listen to her. As far as they, the world leaders, are concerned she is a non-entity below Boris the buffoon.

1 minute ago, Elric said:

Truth is very few, if any, are going to listen to her. As far as they, the world leaders, are concerned she is a non-entity below Boris the buffoon.

Its a UK government/UN meeting.  

Scotland doesn't have a place in it whatsoever, no seat nothing. 

Thanks to all in 2014 that voted no.