Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I’m sure there are plenty of Scots who couldn’t be more delighted at that prospect. They’re the problem - not England. Historically, you can never blame the English for having a country on their doorstep with enough residents willing to sell it down the river.

The Scottish parliament is the problem.  They bend down to westminster rule, and as such they bend down to our sovereignty. 

7 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Maybe we should blow some pillarboxes up or something?

The complete absence of ideas from these accounts always makes me think they're hoping people will start talking about blowing things up and stockpiling weapons.

Suspiciously similar aims to the Unionist trolls, oddly. Must be a coincidence.

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The complete absence of ideas from these accounts always makes me think they're hoping people will start talking about blowing things up and stockpiling weapons.

Suspiciously similar aims to the Unionist trolls, oddly. Must be a coincidence.

And exactly what is your idea?  And please dont give me the nicola sturgeon secret plan. 

50 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

And exactly what is your idea?  And please dont give me the nicola sturgeon secret plan. 

What's YOUR fucking plan? Don't give me a load of flannel about "sovereignty". 

With all due respect, if you've found a legally solid loophole to the Act of Union for another indyref we're all ears.

You're sounding like President McGlashan of Transnistria here. 

12 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

What's YOUR fucking plan? Don't give me a load of flannel about "sovereignty". 

With all due respect, if you've found a legally solid loophole to the Act of Union for another indyref we're all ears.

You're sounding like President McGlashan of Transnistria here. 

The section 30 referendum is made by asking permission from another country and allowing foreign interference in our own affairs.  What other country does this? Unless the plan is to continue asking for a s30 & being repeatedly refused then appealing to the UN that we are a colony and our democratic wishes are being refused. If that is the case, then why the delay?

As far as I am aware, the treaty of union is an international agreement between 2 sovereign countries. This has been breached many times in the past 300 years. The Scottish government should recall mps from westminster & form an assembly with msps at Holyrood, suspend the treaty of union and hold a confirmatory referendum under UN supervision or rules.

Or make the next general election a de facto referendum. Pro independence majority would mean a declaration of independence.  

In all cases it could get messy but at some point Nicola Sturgeon is going to have to confront the British state.  Does she have the balls though?

41 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

The section 30 referendum is made by asking permission from another country and allowing foreign interference in our own affairs.  What other country does this? Unless the plan is to continue asking for a s30 & being repeatedly refused then appealing to the UN that we are a colony and our democratic wishes are being refused. If that is the case, then why the delay?

As far as I am aware, the treaty of union is an international agreement between 2 sovereign countries. This has been breached many times in the past 300 years. The Scottish government should recall mps from westminster & form an assembly with msps at Holyrood, suspend the treaty of union and hold a confirmatory referendum under UN supervision or rules.

Or make the next general election a de facto referendum. Pro independence majority would mean a declaration of independence.  

In all cases it could get messy but at some point Nicola Sturgeon is going to have to confront the British state.  Does she have the balls though?

I’d have a look at what they were agreeing to

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

I’d have a look at what they were agreeing to

The people didnt agree to it did they. 

Nevertheless 300 years later we have changed our minds and we want indy.  

But do we?  Polls suggest support for indy have went down recently, so that tells me we dont want indy.  No matter what the uk government do, dismantling holyrood bit by bit, it doesnt seem to matter to people what is happening. 

There is no interest in what is going on, no interest apart from fighting among ourselves, weakening the Yes movement while the uk government slowly takes away Holyrood. 

Fighting among ourselves, the same as we have always done. 

A unionists dream. 

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Flailing hands and a wee head bobble.  Nippy's telling lies again.

Covid in Scotland: No community transmission after Nike outbreak

The Times has gone from the paper of record to a propaganda rag. A take from last week:

Times.

During the uproar, Nicola Sturgeon was asked about Godley’s tweets and replied “these things happen”.

BBC.

The first minister said the tweets by Ms Godley, who had fronted a public health campaign, were "completely out of order and unacceptable".

Asked why the government did not spot the tweets before hiring Ms Godley, she responded: "These things happen."

And she said it was important that the row did not get in the way of public health messaging around Covid.

Nippy lied about Nike. That's the main take-away.
It's just a rehashing of the same bullshit story from 20 months ago.

It is utterly fucking shameless shit-stirring and deliberately misleading - no surprise that a no mark c**t like Blair McDougall is pushing it.

I knew him when I was in the Labour Party - an utterly unlikeable c**t then and still is (apparently).