Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 09/07/2021 at 22:59, lichtgilphead said:

H_B has his finger on the pulse of Scottish politics yet again!

Whilst Kerevan still believes in an independent Scotland, I'm not so sure that he represents the view of the party that he left in March.

Maybe he's rejoined as a distraction tactic or something...

The fact that Kerevan joined Alba had passed me by.  Knowing him from back in the day it doesn’t really surprise me.

Imagine someone with Galloway’s egotism, inflated sense of self importance and willingness to jump on the next bandwagon (however contradictory it may be), yet without any of the profile or prominence that Galloway has, and you have George Keravan.

The fact that Kerevan joined Alba had passed me by.  Knowing him from back in the day it doesn’t really surprise me.
Imagine someone with Galloway’s egotism, inflated sense of self importance and willingness to jump on the next bandwagon (however contradictory it may be), yet without any of the profile or prominence that Galloway has, and you have George Keravan.
I met him years ago - Galloway is relatively humble in comparison.

He has this over-inflated view that he is an economic guru.

14 hours ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Is Plymouth, Wisconsin, besides being 'The cheese capital of the world', a suburb of Bristol ?

Don't think Nicola has declared travel to the USA a crime  or has unbanned it after the Mayor gets pissed off like Manchester. Dundee on the other hand?

56 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Don't think Nicola has declared travel to the USA a crime  or has unbanned it after the Mayor gets pissed off like Manchester. Dundee on the other hand?

Wtf are you whittering on about?

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I met him years ago - Galloway is relatively humble in comparison.

He has this over-inflated view that he is an economic guru.

I remember watching a documentary about old planes on Nat Geo or something and Kerevan appeared as an "aviation expert".

26 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Wtf are you whittering on about?

I am wittering on about the Scottish Government, specifically the First Minister and her science chum Jason Leitch making travel from Scotland to Manchester area a crime because of high Covid rates, then doing an abrupt U Turn.  Now Dundee has the highest Covid rates in Europe ( far higher than Manchester ) and the number of cases here in Fife are also increasing rapidly, yet no ban on travel has been imposed. Total inconsistency and hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I am wittering on about the Scottish Government, specifically the First Minister and her science chum Jason Leitch making travel from Scotland to Manchester area a crime because of high Covid rates, then doing an abrupt U Turn.  Now Dundee has the highest Covid rates in Europe ( far higher than Manchester ) and the number of cases here in Fife are also increasing rapidly, yet no ban on travel has been imposed. Total inconsistency and hypocrisy.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole.  Dundee is only 5th in the UK (with 4 English authorities worse).

It certainly does not have “the highest Covid rates in Europe”.

Not strictly Sturgeon-specific, but I think this is the best thread to elicit the desired response.

So, it appears that Graham Linehan's latest wheeze is to rouse up the usual rabble of 'concerned parties' regarding progress on the SG's public consultation on GRC reform. I won't link the specific topic on the specific site, but I'm sure that most of you familiar with his bullshit will know exactly where and who I am referring to.

The accusations are that the SG are deliberately stalling on releasing the submissions to the consultation because they are overwhelmingly at odds with the SG's stated policies, and more than that, the fact an FOI request to see the submissions has been dingied is proof positive of this nefarious intent. 

Now, as I understand it, the submissions were handed to an independent body for scrutiny shortly after the consultation closed. Progress on this matter was halted as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the SG's own website suggests that this is exactly where we are still at. 

My questions are as follows -

Can anyone more knowledgeable on the working mechanisms of the Scottish Parliament confirm for me that this is indeed the case, that the matter has simply been shelved until the pandemic response winds down? Is there any evidence at all to suggest the SG is in any way concerned about the outcome of the consultation and are deliberately stalling progress, or is this yet more baseless shit-stirring and rabble-rousing by a man who seems to exist for no other purpose than to do exactly that? Am I right in thinking that the only reason the FOI has been ignored is because there is absolutely no grounds for an FOI request being considered while due process is still underway and incomplete, and that if the FOI has been submitted to the SG, then they could not comply in any case since they are not currently in possession of the submissions themselves?

Considering that I can not see any legitimate reason why the responses to this consultation would be radically out of line with the overwhelmingly encouraging responses to earlier consultations, and the prevailing public attitude of positivity towards GRC reform, I can't help but feel that this is just yet more dog-whistle hate from the usual suspects, but if there is any substance to the claims I would like to know about it. 

Muchos Grassy-arse, and all that.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 12/07/2021 at 02:29, DeeTillEhDeh said:

...He has this over-inflated view that he is an economic guru.

...and expects to be taken seriously on that despite often highlighting that he is  a former Trotskyite. Hasn't seemed to have let go of the notion that whatever type of politics he is currently aligned with is historically inevitable despite ditching Marxism for what he no doubt previously viewed as bourgeois nationalism.

13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Considering that I can not see any legitimate reason why the responses to this consultation would be radically out of line with the overwhelmingly encouraging responses to earlier consultations

Did the previous consultation not just ask third sector organisations who are directly funded by the Scottish Government if they agree with the Scottish Government policy?

That definitely happened with at least one consultation recently. Devolution has created a Potemkin village style civil society in Scotland.

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Did the previous consultation not just ask third sector organisations who are directly funded by the Scottish Government if they agree with the Scottish Government policy?

That definitely happened with at least one consultation recently. Devolution has created a Potemkin village style civil society in Scotland.

There were certainly submissions from NGO's and third sector organisations in both consultations, but I'm pretty sure the 2017 effort was open to submissions from the general public as well.  Approx 17,000 submissions for the consultation which closed in March 2020, versus just shy of 16,000 for the first in 2017.

25 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Still waiting for my free dental work, laptop, and bike, along with all the rest rat face promised at the election, 

Surely you did not believe that would happen.  The party of broken promises.

Another day and another ferry breakdown isn't the story here:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19451431.new-calmac-island-ferry-breakdown-glasgow-fair-causes-disruption/

We all know that SG is abysmally incompetent so this is hardly news.

The 'real' story is in the comments section which, at the time of posting, had 50 remarks and all were critical of SG.  On the Gherald?  This is unprecedented.  There isn't even the usual, "Aye but Toaries" bollocks such as we see constantly on here.

So have we reached Peak Nippy?  Is the Scotch public, at last, sick of defending the vile cabal in Holyrood?

Not that I expect much feedback from the blood and soil ScotchNats on here.

Still waiting for my free dental work, laptop, and bike, along with all the rest rat face promised at the election, 
Surely you did not believe that would happen.  The party of broken promises.
Those are planned for schools. Whilst you pair of abject losers probably spent an inordinate amount of time hanging around outside them, that won't quite qualify you I'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19451431.new-calmac-island-ferry-breakdown-glasgow-fair-causes-disruption/

The 'real' story is in the comments section which, at the time of posting, had 50 remarks and all were critical of SG.  On the Gherald?  This is unprecedented.  There isn't even the usual, "Aye but Toaries" bollocks such as we see constantly on here.

So have we reached Peak Nippy?  Is the Scotch public, at last, sick of defending the vile cabal in Holyrood?

🧸

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

no work in the morning?

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't think you've been paying attention here.  The Herald has long since decided that the hill it is going to die on is one inhabited by puce-faced septugenarian Britnats, and as such it now features a cadre of right-wing columnists and a letters page which you need to view wearing a welder's visor.  I stopped buying it months ago, and no, I wouldn't buy their other publication The National either.  If I want poorly-written polemic I can fill my boots on here.