Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Hmm Derek Mackay ring any bells.  Don't seem to recall any drop in Snp support after his efforts.

For as long as politics have existed there have been scandal after scandal in respect of politicians sexual exploits.

The general public won't give a shiny shit after the initial fuss has died down.

Handjob will no doubt reflect on his behaviour over the weekend then resign, all will continue until the next MP sex scandal. 

Tbf the key difference here is that Hancock will continue in post as if nothing ever happened. Until BoJo needs a major fall guy and he'll be binned down the line. Mackay was persona non grata almost immediately. Hancock continues to be a high profile Tory cabinet member, whereas Mackay's profile couldn't be any lower, and he's not in the SNP. There's also no danger Hancock's resigning. Why would he? His boss did literally the same thing and it barely touched him. 

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Absolutely and my point was it makes no difference to the general public whatever politicians do after the first week of drama.

The tories are scum, especially this lot but to think the SNP are whiter than white like some do in here  is naive in the extreme and as a former member and still voter of them I can see that.

I'm not getting involved in a long debate with sophia on politics as this is the most polarised section of the forum so I really can't be arsed spending hours in here.

Setting aside whether we think white is better, nobody presumed to promulgate that the "snp" as a homogeneous group is beyond critique.

I think we have reached an agreement that there is a fundamental difference in mindset between Westminster and Holyrood and I'm content to leave it at that.

Hancock is a complete w****r, cheating on his wife is insignificant compared to his actions in office.

We know Johnston is an adulter who abandons his children once he falls out with their mother.  Does it affect his approval ratings, does it f**k.  

19 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Absolutely and my point was it makes no difference to the general public whatever politicians do after the first week of drama.

The tories are scum, especially this lot but to think the SNP are whiter than white like some do in here  is naive in the extreme and as a former member and still voter of them I can see that.

I'm not getting involved in a long debate with sophia on politics as this is the most polarised section of the forum so I really can't be arsed spending hours in here.

Yeah you should head back to the Coronavirus thread, you’ll feel more at home there.

You love it here really.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Eh?

Derek Mackay was immediately mutually consented, deselected and gone in disgrace.

You are naive indeed if you think that this in and of itself will precipitate a resignation. These entitled charlatans have no shame and only if it suits them will he be ejected.

As for "as long as politics have existed"...

There is no need to accept this behaviour and it is one of the drivers that has convinced me that we are can collectively do better.

Forgive my naive intervention but two 40+ year olds (Hancock and his squeeze) engaging in an extra-marital  affair (and it happens worldwide, even outside of politics OMG) is in no way equivalent to a pederast chasing a 16 year old schoolboy.

Wee Deek was quite rightly ‘mutually consented’ but somehow managed to hang on to two (?) years very generous salary and benefits. Talk me through the moral maze the SNP leadership had to conquer with that standards committee?

And ‘We can collectively do better’ ? Aye? Wee Deek, Eck, Shona Robinson’s man and I’m sure there’s many more than that, as Tynie says, have just sunk into the past. 

Playing the holier than thou card usually doesn’t end all that well. For anyone. 

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Forgive my naive intervention but two 40+ year olds (Hancock and his squeeze) engaging in an extra-marital  affair (and it happens worldwide, even outside of politics OMG) is in no way equivalent to a pederast chasing a 16 year old schoolboy.

Wee Deek was quite rightly ‘mutually consented’ but somehow managed to hang on to two (?) years very generous salary and benefits. Talk me through the moral maze the SNP leadership had to conquer with that standards committee?

And ‘We can collectively do better’ ? Aye? Wee Deek, Eck, Shona Robinson’s man and I’m sure there’s many more than that, as Tynie says, have just sunk into the past. 

Playing the holier than thou card usually doesn’t end all that well. For anyone. 

You know very well that MSPs and MPs are not employed by their parties.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Hancock is a complete w****r, cheating on his wife is insignificant compared to his actions in office.

We know Johnston is an adulter who abandons his children once he falls out with their mother.  Does it affect his approval ratings, does it f**k.  

It's a class thing. The Tories can do what they want and treat the rest of us like dug shite on their shoes. 

Breaching social distancing the least of it and him being an incompetent c**t aside, with over 150k dead in his Covid portfolio, this guy has no moral compass and breaches ministerial code., but that's OK, he's a toff. 

And these fuckers preach to us about not breaking rules and have the fucking audicity to tell us its all our fault?! In the UK today under Tory rule, the only ones keeping us safe are ourselves. 

The bar in politics these days couldn't be set any lower, in so much its a hazard to one's health. 

The political classes need rinsed and Tories the worst of them. 

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^Fanny

Someone who actively voted for Brexit, in the politics forum, calling someone else a fanny is quite something. 

The whole reason the tory govt are able to ride out all manner of scandal these days is because the electorate are so entrenched with them. And why? Well because the Tories successfully found an acceptable face for all of their prejudices in Brexit, and you got up out of bed one day, left the house and helped that journey along. 

Fanny. 

5 hours ago, BlueBear said:

It's a class thing. The Tories can do what they want and treat the rest of us like dug shite on their shoes. 

Breaching social distancing the least of it and him being an incompetent c**t aside, with over 150k dead in his Covid portfolio, this guy has no moral compass and breaches ministerial code., but that's OK, he's a toff. 

And these fuckers preach to us about not breaking rules and have the fucking audicity to tell us its all our fault?! In the UK today under Tory rule, the only ones keeping us safe are ourselves. 

The bar in politics these days couldn't be set any lower, in so much its a hazard to one's health. 

The political classes need rinsed and Tories the worst of them. 

Nicoliar threats people like dug shite tae, or have you no noticed? 

1 hour ago, spongeheid15 said:

Nicoliar threats people like dug shite tae, or have you no noticed? 

When it comes to dug shite, the Tories are clear winners. 

You'll be telling me next that court jester Blojo is actually an intellectual. 

😁

You gotta love reading threads with a bit of hindsight. Last few pages have numerous intellectual heavyweights of the Politics Forum section concluding that nothing will happen, there's no way Hancock would go because the Tories are the most evil thing on the planet. Some of the hit rates from people on here is embarrassing.