Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 30/05/2021 at 21:16, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Looking very much (and has been for a while) as though @welshbairn @NotThePars @John Lambies Doos and @Dunning1874 are going to have to have a think about suitable destinations for my ill-gotten cash (midnight tomorrow is the finish line, but I'm not holding my breath).

I'd like to make it clear that Falkirk, Dunfermline, and Partick Thistle are not registered charities, but I'd consider making an exception for Greenock Morton FC.

Mermaids for me. https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/donate/

Edited by NotThePars

On 30/05/2021 at 21:16, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Looking very much (and has been for a while) as though @welshbairn @NotThePars @John Lambies Doos and @Dunning1874 are going to have to have a think about suitable destinations for my ill-gotten cash (midnight tomorrow is the finish line, but I'm not holding my breath).

I'd like to make it clear that Falkirk, Dunfermline, and Partick Thistle are not registered charities, but I'd consider making an exception for Greenock Morton FC.

I'll keep it local for you, Ardgowan Hospice please.

Think the definitely not planned resignations of the last few days were meant to be a final nail in the coffin after Alba took all the SNP base and became the second largest party or some shit 

Genuinely hilarious if this is the case.

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It explains all the ITK gubbins that Alba folk have been spouting for ages 

I like Cherry she's a clever woman and a good politician to have in your tent pissing out rather than in. I can't see here staying an SNP member/MP for much longer as she seems to be ostracized from the big boys table after getting demoted at Westminster and overlooked for Hollyrood. Where does she go though that's the biggest problem. The idea of an Alba party with a strong pro Indy voice to push for the referendum being delivered would be good to get the SNP's arse into gear but Alba ended up attracting all the loons and various folks with axes to grind and pockets to be filled.

14 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No poppy. 4/10.

D2B00EB7-5CAB-4188-9A5D-18E42C0DB552.jpeg

Ah, yes, the bulldog. Interesting choice to represent Britishness/unionism. From a site called "puppyleaks" 😁😁

"Over the years the Bulldog’s physical traits have been bred to be more extreme.  The face has become flatter, the legs have shortened, the head has grown larger, and the underbite has grown.

Most Bulldogs can’t breed without human intervention, both in the actual mating & birthing process. If it weren’t for this intervention in breeding the Bulldog as it stands now would become extinct.

As many as 95% of Bulldogs are delivered by Cesarean section. Their head has been bred to become larger over the years, and as a result these dogs cannot birth them naturally through the pelvic canal.

They have problems with their breathing and respiratory systems due to the enlargement of the soft palate and narrowing of the oropharynx. They’re also known for problems with their heart, hips, eyes, and skin.

Bulldogs are extremely intolerant of heat due to their short snouts. They’re unable to regulate their temperature through panting as well as other dogs, and even normal activities in intense heat can cause heatstroke. "

Good choice to represent Unionism.  🤣

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

I like Cherry she's a clever woman and a good politician to have in your tent pissing out rather than in. I can't see here staying an SNP member/MP for much longer as she seems to be ostracized from the big boys table after getting demoted at Westminster and overlooked for Hollyrood.

Obviously we can't predict how this all plays out but I don't see where the good politician stuff comes from. She's been ostracised from the party as you say because she overplayed her hand, she went viral on the internet for weird legal threats and sharing dumb memes in parliament which makes her look like a crank, and it was incredibly obvious to everyone that she had one foot out the party when Salmond launched his vanity project which should surely cement her irrelevancy in the party if Sturgeon and co have any sense. Again as well you pointed out she was overlooked in favour of Angus Robertson who took the L in 2017 with enough grace and decorum that his standing in the party was relatively unaffected and he can now likely see his stock grow substantially so I'm not sure she can say she's a more canny operator than Robertson.

What's the impetus for calling Cherry a good politician? What are her successes? I will concede that she was at least smarter than Hanvey, McEleny and the rest of the bozos who shot their load instantly and are either out of a job or living on borrowed time.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Obviously we can't predict how this all plays out but I don't see where the good politician stuff comes from. She's been ostracised from the party as you say because she overplayed her hand, she went viral on the internet for weird legal threats and sharing dumb memes in parliament which makes her look like a crank, and it was incredibly obvious to everyone that she had one foot out the party when Salmond launched his vanity project which should surely cement her irrelevancy in the party if Sturgeon and co have any sense. Again as well you pointed out she was overlooked in favour of Angus Robertson who took the L in 2017 with enough grace and decorum that his standing in the party was relatively unaffected and he can now likely see his stock grow substantially so I'm not sure she can say she's a more canny operator than Robertson.

What's the impetus for calling Cherry a good politician? What are her successes? I will concede that she was at least smarter than Hanvey, McEleny and the rest of the bozos who shot their load instantly and are either out of a job or living on borrowed time.

It wasn't overly succesful but her work with the good law project to hold Bozo to account for suspending parliament in the run up to Brexit. Her amendment which would have stopped a no deal brexit which Labour abstsained on and raising the alarm about not shutting borders last april/may or at least having testing in place at the borders. I've also seen her speak and I thought she came across well.

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

It wasn't overly succesful but her work with the good law project to hold Bozo to account for suspending parliament in the run up to Brexit. Her amendment which would have stopped a no deal brexit which Labour abstsained on and raising the alarm about not shutting borders last april/may or at least having testing in place at the borders. I've also seen her speak and I thought she came across well.

I think that points to her being a decent lawyer, rather than a good political operator tbf.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

I think that points to her being a decent lawyer, rather than a good political operator tbf.

I, you are probably right that she is a good lawyer what with the accusasions of being a bit of a bully and making enemies in your own party isn't a very good indicator to being a good politician. Mind you if she also adds lying ,thieving, racism and cheating she may be able to get to the very top at Westminster.

Looking very much (and has been for a while) as though [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention] [mention=25417]NotThePars[/mention] [mention=45409]John Lambies Doos[/mention] and [mention=10614]Dunning1874[/mention] are going to have to have a think about suitable destinations for my ill-gotten cash (midnight tomorrow is the finish line, but I'm not holding my breath).
Please donate mine to.
https://smiletrain.org.uk

For children born with Cleft Lips and Palates.

Cheers [emoji106]