Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

If I was a Unionist, I think I'd be more concerned about the popularity of the Conservative and Labour parties in Scotland, and  in particular about Dross's "popularity" in Scotland than I would be about the popularity of Nicola Sturgeon  across the UK as a whole. 

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If I was a Unionist, I think I'd be more concerned about the popularity of the Conservative and Labour parties in Scotland, and  in particular about Dross's "popularity" in Scotland than I would be about the popularity of Nicola Sturgeon  across the UK as a whole. 

Have to agree with that.

Ross is steady enough and comes across as decent but we really need someone with charisma and the wow factor.

A tartan Boris would be great.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Have to agree with that.

Ross is steady enough and comes across as decent but we really need someone with charisma and the wow factor.

A tartan Boris would be great.

Now you've done it... I can't get out of my mind an image of BoJo dressed up like Doddie Weir on international day... 🤪🤮

47 minutes ago, Pato said:

Just mind boggling. They're headquartered in London so the only people they could reach are within a day's ride on a good steed.

This was the pollster. The honest guv'nors and wenches of Shoreditch are neutral on the performance of Lady Sturgeon.

64459sookeTOWNCRIERMIKETHOMAS.thumb.jpg.5e2e1eac686c3df74f13d8a499bed26e.jpg

42 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Are their any conservatives who are pro independence? I would think in an independent Scotland the conservatives would probably gain more votes than they do now after a few years.  

Not had enough coffee today to get into the sort of beef I could start here

43 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Are their any conservatives who are pro independence? I would think in an independent Scotland the conservatives would probably gain more votes than they do now after a few years.  

(I'd say that my Labour supporting friends are split roughly 60/40 against, but a few have become pro-indy since the election). 

I don't know too many Conservatives well enough to comment on their views on independence, but I can't say I can remember any of them expressing any support for it.   Can you be an enthusiastic member of the C&U Party and favour independence?  I'll be in a zoom call with some of them at the weekend, the first get-together since the election and I wouldn't be surprised if the issue comes up.  

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

Its usually a really piddly single figure when they cross-tab independence view by party affinity - when speaking about conservatives specifically.

There was a thing on whatscotlandthinks that said there's been a rise in support for independence among people with more broadly authoritarian views.

https://whatscotlandthinks.org/2021/04/the-changing-role-of-identity-and-values-in-scotlands-politics/

Now I dare you to say that in the Coronavirus thread. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Now I dare you to say that in the Coronavirus thread. 

Maybe a bit more authoritarianism and a bit less 'I'll do what the f##k I want, no SNP ministers are gonny tell ME what to do!'  might have helped Glasgow get into lower level restrictions before now.

There's too many folk ignoring the Covid laws/advice and not enough getting a smack in the mouth, IMO. 

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Maybe a bit more authoritarianism and a bit less 'I'll do what the f##k I want, no SNP ministers are gonny tell ME what to do!'  might have helped Glasgow get into lower level restrictions before now.

There's too many folk ignoring the Covid laws/advice and not enough getting a smack in the mouth, IMO. 

That's a fair opinion to hold I'm just saying when everyone was absolutely stunned and flabbergasted at the delay in opening up Glasgow a couple of weeks back I merely suggested it wasn't so surprising considering the servility of the Scottish electorate and specifically how SNP fans were seemingly more and more supportive of our very own authoritarian attitudes and government re easing of lockdown and that was met with a huge backlash. All the people that are so against lockdown were the ones who were annoyed to have this pointed out. 

I feel this study slightly vindicates what I was getting at. 

12 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Who are those people who are not getting vaccinated in Glasgow?

Are they from a particular social group or class?

I don’t know Glasgow very well but it must be galling for businesses to be stuck in level3.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who are those people who are not getting vaccinated in Glasgow?

Are they from a particular social group or class?

I don’t know Glasgow very well but it must be galling for businesses to be stuck in level3.

That's what pisses me off when I hear business reps girning about "the government" this, and "the government" that (usually on Radio Scotland phone-ins) - not doing enough or doing too much about Covid.  They never, ever criticise the members of the public whose own selfishness and/or stupidity are costing the businesses millions. 

I don’t know, as no one in authority spells it out, but because of that, I rather  think it is down to the immigrant population such as the ones that were being stopped from being arrested the other day.

A little bit of truth and accuracy would be helpful.

Im sure there are a few Glaswegians on here itk.

I don’t know, as no one in authority spells it out, but because of that, I rather  think it is down to the immigrant population such as the ones that were being stopped from being arrested the other day.
Arsehole

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My younger lad lives in Glasgow and I was "born, bred and buttered" there. I can't honestly say I'm surprised that SOME folk there are a bit truculent, but I had hoped for better on something like health. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar
Added "SOME" for obvious reasons