Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 12/05/2021 at 11:34, Stormzy said:

When's your Indy bus arriving? I've aged 20 years since the first time I was told about it. 

I thought that you claimed to be in your 20's?

Perhaps this explains your childish refusal to accept the inevitable 😀

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I thought that you claimed to be in your 20's?

Perhaps this explains your childish refusal to accept the inevitable 😀

I'm 28, 20 sounded better than 15 though. 

I was happy to read yesterday that our new Scottish cabinet is gender balanced. I then wondered and worried about inclusivity and language. Would it be the case that my worry is ill-founded or otherwise is there a case for this particular gender balance scenario to be a bit bigotish?

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

I was happy to read yesterday that our new Scottish cabinet is gender balanced. I then wondered and worried about inclusivity and language. Would it be the case that my worry is ill-founded or otherwise is there a case for this particular gender balance scenario to be a bit bigotish?

What are you talking about?

18 hours ago, sophia said:

ah of course....the pubs are open again

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

If I ever luck out and end up in a Stalinist style grip of indy Scotland verbose faux-intellectuals are the first in the purge.

Ah, the joys of a dictatorship... if you are the dictator, of course.  From the dictator's handbook (as Pol Pot put it)..

"he who protests is an enemy; he who opposes is a corpse." 

I prefer democracy, although as the variety of types shows, we seem to have trouble deciding which sort to use. 

I noticed on today's Covid briefing that Nichola is not calling the new variant the Indian Variant, because that is racist, but calling it April 02 Variant. Must be the work of the new Health Secretary with his knee on her neck. SNP are turning into woke Labour!

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

I noticed on today's Covid briefing that Nichola is not calling the new variant the Indian Variant, because that is racist, but calling it April 02 Variant. Must be the work of the new Health Secretary with his knee on her neck. SNP are turning into woke Labour!

Noticed on BBC follow up that Anas Sarwar welcomed that call. Unity has been established-I went to make lunch when Douglas Ross appeared earlier so I don't know what he thought of the name call.