Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

LOL no. That's Facebook maw levels of strategy. 

What she should do is absolutely tear into them over their utter hypocrisy in repeatedly calling for her resignation despite being cleared by an independent report whilst they are simultaneously behaving like utter cowards over repeated actual breaches of ministerial codes by their boss and that utter ratbag of a Home Secretary (and god knows how many other cabinet members). 

It was a tongue in cheek post by me.

The Scottish Parliament goes into recess this Thusday but will there be FMQ's this week?

Ain't it just the thing that many (all ?) of those unionistas on here who are crying foul over what they see as an internal "independent" investigation set up to produce the right result are the same people who, in a parallel universe on planet sevco, were 100% behind the Nimmo Smith enquiry that decreed that the the rangers had no sporting advantage and hadn't cheated.

Strange that, eh ??

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Except BBC Breakfast, who led their story with “Nicola Sturgeon is facing further pressure...”. 

I never used to think the BBC was as biased against the SNP as people thought, but these past few weeks have been a real eye-opener. 

They've been biased since the indyref campaign started, it's depressing the amount of clout they have in the UK and further afield. 

Edited by ayrmad

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Mental how there's genuinely and literally more political acumen on this thread than in the leadership of political parties in Scotland.

Anyone with any sense would have realised that, if she were cleared by the independent inquiry, they would look like partisan hacks if they stuck the boot in. There's a reason why you often hear top politicians talk for a minute and say nothing, because they're required to speak into cameras but not tie themselves either way until events unfold. Pre-judging the evidence, calling a VoNC in John Swinney for no reason other than they knew they couldn't get Sturgeon at that point, calling a VoNC before the committee report is published, briefing tame journalists and leaking extracts of the report - all of it is signs of them being sh*t at their jobs.

I can understand the Tories going that way to an extent because their whole strategy is to go after the Trumpy vote, but Labour can't afford this. And Alex Cole-Hamilton lacks the brainpower God gave to pickled onions. 

Heavy cringe. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes the Brexit referendum was won by the unionists but rejected by Scotland.

I note that you have reverted to personal abuse against me instead of attempting to put forward a balanced argument, typical mud slinging tory.

Tf you talking about? You were on about Unionists dreaming of having the support you're seeing of people on PnB posting memes like that's impressive. 

You're mud slinging by wrongly calling me a Tory, saying you post cliche shite is not personal abuse you sensitive soul, I'm addressing your writing style not you as a person.  Don't get upset when you post outlandish claims and people refute them if you're a sensitive poster perhaps? 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If we are going with tortured boxing analogies: Salmond = Tyson

Seemingly unstoppable at the top before throwing it all away. Behaved very inappropriately towards women. Desperately trying to stay in the limelight and still inexplicably popular with yer da.

It's very early in Pep's new aliases but this is as good an attempt as any for him break the kayfabe.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, he'd only ever agreed the bet with me and then paid up. He tried his best to ignore the pile on of action afterwards!

You know if Sturgeon against all the odds had left by that date then the big man would've been attempting to hoover up the dosh from everyone that piled in. Masterful language control from him right up to the day it didnae happen. Technically correct but morally wrong.

This and the fact the committee has found her at fault, aye the pressure is not going to go away, this place will be very tetchy and it will all feel like groundhog day until the elections have been and gone.

People are entrenched now and barring any major catastrophe or publishing of more Salmond evidence then there will be no movement on either sides til the election. Not even a wee Christmas game of football to look forward to, watch out for the rats and keep your feet clean. 

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Tf you talking about? You were on about Unionists dreaming of having the support you're seeing of people on PnB posting memes like that's impressive. 

You're mud slinging by wrongly calling me a Tory, saying you post cliche shite is not personal abuse you sensitive soul, I'm addressing your writing style not you as a person.  Don't get upset when you post outlandish claims and people refute them if you're a sensitive poster perhaps? 

Your severe myopia is blinding you.  Nothing wrong with holding alternate views, but your constant belligerent belittling of everyone who disagrees with you shows and says much more about your own narrow mindset, rather than you being open to an adult debate.

Go on, gies anerr wee rougie - you know you can't help yourself.