Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just now, sophia said:

^^^^

Empty headed natter gonk cultists that should not forget 1707, the glorious revolution, Darien and border guards at Gretna.

Sorry my mistake, that's my the_kincardine the_welcher alias

Needs mair glengarries, kilts & scotty dugs.

I am absolutely delighted for her.  More so because pretty much all the media were out to get her and were salivating at the prospect that she may have broken the ministerial code.  She has been through a lot and many many people would have cracked a long time ago,,,,if ever someone needed / deserved a holiday it's Oor Nicola.

Incidentally, about an hour ago my boss sent me an email about a meeting he is attending this Wednesday and asked if I had any comments (as I am our companies man in the North East) I saw the attendee list for this meeting and noted the last meeting had "Introductions to Geoff Aberdein"....I felt like making a comment about him being absolutely clear on the nature of the meeting but decided against it

For the record I did play in the same fitba team as Geoff a good few years ago and he is a thoroughly decent bloke - although I absolutely hated playing against his brother Scott (another decent bloke who has a brilliant name - Scott Aberdein fae Aberdeen Scotland)

ETA: This is Wings' take. Posted in full so you don't give him the click.

James Hamilton is either a crook, a coward or an idiot.

There is no other explanation for this:

jh712.jpg

There is NO DOUBT OR DISPUTE WHATSOEVER that the Scottish Parliament was misled when Nicola Sturgeon told it the first she knew of allegations against Alex Salmond was on 2 April 2018. That is a material fact accepted by all sides, because everyone including the First Minister herself now accepts she was told on 29 March.

jh710.jpg

The question of whether Parliament was misled deliberately, or merely as the result of a vastly implausible slip of Nicola Sturgeon’s memory, is another matter entirely. But that it was misled – told something that was untrue – is not up for debate.

The Fabiani inquiry, which is stuffed with SNP stooges and has been starved of key evidence, nevertheless still managed to observe that Parliament had been misled, although it made no judgement on whether it happened knowingly or inadvertently.

For James Hamilton, armed with far more evidence, to conclude not merely that the misleading had been accidental but that it didn’t happen at all, is a lie so barefaced as to be breathtaking, and so farcical as to defy the slightest possibility of belief.

Especially as we’re not allowed to know how he arrived at that decision:

jh75.jpg

Much else in his report is bizarre. But that one paragraph alone destroys its credibility utterly and forever. And unfortunately that means that Scotland is lost. Independence is over. All is destroyed.

We had feared, as a worst case, a fudge in which Hamilton would find, like the Holyrood committee, that Parliament had been misled but would bottle out of saying whether it had been deliberate or not. This conclusion is so utterly mad and ludicrous that it honestly never even entered our consideration as a possibility.

Readers can choose which of the three causes they find most believable, but at the end of the day it just doesn’t matter. Our country is a banana republic, a nation that North Koreans point at and laugh. To be honest, readers, if we were you we’d get out while we still could.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Come on Tories. Now is not the time to back down. Now's the time to double down! VONC full steam ahead.

f**k yes. We can only hope Ruthie and DRoss take a leaf out of American politics and go into full-blown denial. Sturgeon's guilty, lock her up, even if we lose we've still won the election.

Not very healthy for anyone but, my Lord, the entertainment.

Reporting Scotland will surely be cancelled tonight

Kirsty Wark will be chucking film in the bucket.

Douglas Ross will be looking for immediate Linesman assignments......anywhere....."I'll go anywhere"

Ruthie will start packing boxes for her move to London

Sir Keir Starmer will just keep speaking utter nonsense

Wullie Rennie will just be irrelevant

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

1865152587_Screenshot2021-03-22at17_26_05.thumb.png.0708447aeb24b8035bb6b34c46679f95.png

You absolutely love to see it

I know I have asked this before but is that genuinely the Rev Stu Campbell? 

Was his tweet the other week "F**k Independence ever verified and did he ever comment on it?

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

I know I have asked this before but is that genuinely the Rev Stu Campbell? 

Was his tweet the other week "F**k Independence ever verified and did he ever comment on it?

I don't know who's confirmed it but the number of followers, focus of attention, and obvious attempt to avoid a ban for dodging a ban is damning enough. Plus it's all his usual patter anyway.

Reporting Scotland will surely be cancelled tonight
Kirsty Wark will be chucking film in the bucket.
Douglas Ross will be looking for immediate Linesman assignments......anywhere....."I'll go anywhere"
Ruthie will start packing boxes for her move to London
Sir Keir Starmer will just keep speaking utter nonsense
Wullie Rennie will just be irrelevant
Not if the news channels are anything to go by...still not in the clear...still questions to answer....calls for a police enquiry....FFS give it up what part of fully cleared by an independent inquiry do they not grasp. So far through the looking glass the lot of them that all you can see are the soles of their feet.