Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

45 minutes ago, BFTD said:

A better question regarding politicians would be: how many of them would you trust to mind your bag of chips while you left the room?

Think I'd trust Wee Nic. Maybe even Keef. As much as I liked him before this nonsense, Eck wouldn't have been getting near them.

Edit: John Major, aye. Neil Kinnock, not a chance.

The John Major of family values while banging Edwina Currie, that John Major? A true Tory!

That's the Govt. in receipt of the report; yoons all over twitter already saying Hamilton is an SNP shill. Glorious how fucking scared they are. 

It’s all very exciting. The government know how this plays out right now, Sturgeon may well already have resigned.

Certainly seeing a lot of discrediting of Hamilton online from accounts with Union flags in their name. I doubt they’re ITK, just getting their ducks in a row.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The most interesting and personable politician I have ever met was the late Tam Dalyell.

He spoke at a number of functions which I organised and his knowledge on a wide range of topics was amazing.

Absolutely loathed Tony Blair.

Exactly the kind of fellow to be a politician.

From an aristocratic background but a real man of the people. 

I met Tony Blair a few times and found him very personable. I campaigned numerous times for Donald Dewar ( my local MP) and he was a good laugh. Incredibly intelligent and a sharp mind.

22 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

That's the Govt. in receipt of the report; yoons all over twitter already saying Hamilton is an SNP shill. Glorious how fucking scared they are. 

Yeah, I’m very much enjoying the stuff about Hamilton being a “lifelong SNP voter”

I’ve also come to the conclusion that the funniest possible outcome is if SG just redact the whole fucking thing. Heads gone galore.

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I met Tony Blair a few times and found him very personable. I campaigned numerous times for Donald Dewar ( my local MP) and he was a good laugh. Incredibly intelligent and a sharp mind.

I've met Tony Blair and David Milliband and both were lovely, same with Michael Moore. 

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

It’s all very exciting. The government know how this plays out right now, Sturgeon may well already have resigned.

Certainly seeing a lot of discrediting of Hamilton online from accounts with Union flags in their name. I doubt they’re ITK, just getting their ducks in a row.

52obkl.jpg

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Sorry, I didn’t loathe Tony Blair. Never came across him.

No, it was Tam who loathed him despite being in the same party. 
It was to do with the Iraq war.

The most interesting and personable politician I have ever met was the late Tam Dalyell.
He spoke at a number of functions which I organised and his knowledge on a wide range of topics was amazing.
Absolutely loathed Tony Blair.
Exactly the kind of fellow to be a politician.
From an aristocratic background but a real man of the people. 
I liked Tam as well - even when he disagreed with you he had the courtesy to listen carefully to you.

Murphy was a referee for my first teaching job - we were on the same NUS Scotland committee when he was President. Joe Fitzpatrick was on the same committee - both knew their stuff but Murphy, although fairly personable, you could trust as far as you could throw him. Iain McNicol was another who was around at that time - another, like Murphy, who sold his soul to Blair.

The other one I remember was Willie Rennie, nice enough guy, but usually got the piss ripped out of him in debates - certainly one promoted way over his abilities.

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The politicians I’ve met were a mixed bag - Ken Macintosh and Patrick Harvie came across as good guys, Jim Murphy and Jackson Carlaw absolutely did not. 

My pal used to work in one of the pubs near the parliament and he said Harvie used to come in all the time and was a proper good guy.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Murphy was a referee for my first teaching job - we were on the same NUS Scotland committee when he was President. Joe Fitzpatrick was on the same committee - both knew their stuff but Murphy, although fairly personable, you could trust as far as you could throw him. Iain McNicol was another who was around at that time - another, like Murphy, who sold his soul to Blair.

I got thrown out of a hustings by some of Murphy's goons at Strathclyde Uni when he was pushing through NUS support for student loans. He was an arsehole then and I'm sure he still is now. A total careerist.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry, I didn’t loathe Tony Blair. Never came across him.

No, it was Tam who loathed him despite being in the same party. 
It was to do with the Iraq war.

There were plenty of people in the Labour Party who loathed Tony Blair. But, he won elections. A case of holding their noses for the sake of victory. 

The politicians I've met:

Keith Brown, as discussed.

Richard Simpson (retired MSP) - good guy, very smart.

Michael O'Neill - never really took to him. Felt to me like the constituency was a pain when his real work was at Westminster

Michael Russell - met him twice. The first time was a fleeting 2-minute chat at a climate conference in Perth. Second time was about 3 years later and he remembered my name and what we had talked about. That was impressive. 

John Reid - Seemed pleasant enough. 

Helen Liddell - hell's bells! After 5 minutes talking to her I felt like I'd been through a washing machine. Very sharp mind and made me utterly confused about straightforward stuff.

Linda Fabiani - I wrote part of a speech for her in my civil service days. She delivered it OK, but really did her best when she put the speech aside and just started talking. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The numero uno requisite of any politician is to be personable to everyone. Their personality is probably the main thing they have to sell. 

Scratch the surface though, and they think you're a khunt. Numero dos requisite of any politician is the abilty not show that they think you're a khunt.**

** I don't think you're a khunt. I mean, in general...

I am though 

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

The report is expected to be published at 4pm.

The Tories have also amended the timing of their vote of no confidence. It’ll now take place tomorrow.

Surprised they're not having it at 16:05 tbh.

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I find it strange that the state broadcaster is wanking all over the big calls that will decide Sturgeons future, when it's the Scottish people that will decide her future.
BBC are a joke

The press seem absolutely desperate to pitch the 'Will she resign?" line at every opportunity.  It was a bit like when Salmond testified.  He never said she should resign...but it really seemed like a lot of the press really wished he had.