Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

Actually, getting the officers to clearly articulate their point, or ask, in simple terms to ensure common understanding is good governance. Pretending that you understand something risks bad decision taking.

That's fair enough. But asking if simply having grass means it's green space (from my recollection he asked of Recreation Park was green space as it had a football pitch in the middle) - and he has been leader of the council for a couple of years by this point. 

Just now, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere but I see Craig Murray's been found guilty in his trial. These days if you wilfully commit a crime you'll be arrested and thrown in jail!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1282632865969246208

He is calling himself a political prisoner I believe 

Craig Murray verdict seems to be all over Twitter but not reported anywhere, which makes me think it might not be true.  I didn't even see his trial reported, is this part of the conspiracy?

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Good God! Keith Brown! 

I was in the community council in Alloa when he was leader of Clackmannanshire Council. Thick doesn't even come close. I remember seeing the council's planner explaining the concept of green space to him in a meeting once. I'm sure he writes with crayons.

I've met Keef a couple of times over the years, and...aye. There's always been a bit of Tim Nice-But-Dim about him.

Still, you'll take nice but dim over rapacious and vindictive. I'd be worried if he ever became First Minister, though.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The people joining the SNP on the back of this must be the most cringe people in existence on the planet.  

I think you'll find that honour is reserved for those that hanker (I think that's the way you spell it) the halycon days of Russell Johnston and David Steel.

It's amazing that everyone who ever encouters politicians remarks about how thick and useless they are.

I've met quite a few politicians who I thought were clearly very capable, intelligent people, regardless of their affiliations.  Did I just get lucky?

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

It's amazing that everyone who ever encouters politicians remarks about how thick and useless they are.

I've met quite a few politicians who I thought were clearly very capable, intelligent people, regardless of their affiliations.  Did I just get lucky?

Well you've clearly met more SNP politicians than any other variety.

A better question regarding politicians would be: how many of them would you trust to mind your bag of chips while you left the room?

Think I'd trust Wee Nic. Maybe even Keef. As much as I liked him before this nonsense, Eck wouldn't have been getting near them.

Edit: John Major, aye. Neil Kinnock, not a chance.

Edited by BFTD

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

A better question regarding politicians would be: how many of them would you trust to mind your bag of chips while you left the room?

Think I'd trust Wee Nic. Maybe even Keef. As much as I liked him before this nonsense, Eck wouldn't have been getting near them.

Edit: John Major, aye. Neil Kinnock, not a chance.

Chips!?

STgPR549_400x400.jpg

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Agreed. All of the politicians I have encountered , irrespective of political affiliation, have been both intelligent and actually very personable. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Agreed. All of the politicians I have encountered , irrespective of political affiliation, have been both intelligent and actually very personable. 

The numero uno requisite of any politician is to be personable to everyone. Their personality is probably the main thing they have to sell. 

Scratch the surface though, and they think you're a khunt. Numero dos requisite of any politician is the abilty not show that they think you're a khunt.**

** I don't think you're a khunt. I mean, in general...

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
29 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Kirstene Hair was personable - just thick as mince.

And an advisor to Dougie Ross.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:
21 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:
That's the Govt. in receipt of the report; yoons all over twitter already saying Hamilton is an SNP shill. Glorious how fucking scared they are. 

Time for the Oof meter meme yet?

I think (I could be massively wrong) that it'll be a good day for the FM. Get it prepared. 

The most interesting and personable politician I have ever met was the late Tam Dalyell.

He spoke at a number of functions which I organised and his knowledge on a wide range of topics was amazing.

Absolutely loathed Tony Blair.

Exactly the kind of fellow to be a politician.

From an aristocratic background but a real man of the people.