Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

The Hamilton report will be published today, apparently.

Do people think it will say she broke the ministerial code?

If yes, do people think Nicola Sturgeon will resign as FM, as SNP leader, as an MSP?

If she resigns what happens then? 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Do you have a link to this or do you have any figures off hand? 

On 4th of March The Herald Reported 
More than 5,000 people have joined the SNP in the wake of Nicola Sturgeon's appearance at the Alex Salmond inquiry

Their source was Keith Brown MSP, the SNP’s campaign director and was for a 24 hour period

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19136153.nicola-sturgeons-appearance-alex-salmond-inquiry-sparks-surge-snp-members

The National's story dated on the same day says 7,600 "following Nicola Sturgeon’s eight-hour evidence session in front of Holyrood’s harassment committee" so presumably that took a bit more than 24 hours

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If yes, do people think Nicola Sturgeon will resign as FM, as SNP leader, as an MSP?

Betteridge's Law states that headlines that end with a question mark can be answered "No"

http://betteridgeslaw.com/

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think there's a very strong possibility it will effectively say that she broke the ministerial code, unknowingly. At which point the Tories and their lapdogs in the MSM will scweam and scweam and scweam for her to resign. 

If on the other hand the report exonerates her, the Tories will look like the utter khunts that they are, and the whole thing will reek of a bitter party political witch hunt. Which it is. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think there's a very strong possibility it will effectively say that she broke the ministerial code, unknowingly. At which point the Tories and their lapdogs in the MSM will scweam and scweam and scweam for her to resign. 

If on the other hand the report exonerates her, the Tories will look like the utter khunts that they are, and the whole thing will reek of a bitter party political witch hunt. Which it is. 

I suspect that it may find she unintentionally broke the code and if that is case the Tories will scream & scream but i think she can survive that. It all depends on how he words it but if he says any breach was not deliberate she will be fine i think.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It seems insane that we're all hanging on to see if one of the world's most efficient and popular leaders in Nicola Sturgeon will be brought down by the semantics of 'he said, she said tittle tattle', while the PM of the United KIngdom is allowed free reign to break the ministerial code at will.....at least once since he became PM, and he also kept his home secretary in place when she was found to have broken the ministerial code. 

In fact, no Tory minister has been forced to resign since 2017, despite the UK government going against international law, the PM lying to the queen, and the Tories desperate attempts to circumvent parliament and force Brexit legislation through. 

As I said. Insane.

I have to be honest, I hope it finds she intentionally broke it and should resign.  The only reason for this is that it is the funniest option and will lead to great #banter in Scottish politics.  We'll end up with some complete NPC as First Minister, who knows what could happen next.  It'll be sure to be a good laugh.  Maybe it's what Scottish politics needs.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

DRoss would shite himself at now having to come up with an election campaign other than SHE MUST RESIGN!!!!111

Absolutely no chance of this imo. If she’s cleared, the Tories will call it a whitewash and continue to insist she must resign.

Even if they don’t, they can always fall back on the “no to indyref2, please don’t ask about our other policies” campaign they’ve used for the last 7 years now. 

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The people joining the SNP on the back of this must be the most cringe people in existence on the planet.  

On the other hand many Scots would apply that sentiment to the tories and tory voters.

A couple of posters on here re-joined the SNP after Nicola's committee appearance and I would suggest that applied to many of the others, however I also feel that many joined in defiance of the tories and also. their wish for Independence.

To mention that the over 5,000 Scots who joined the SNP qualify as 'the most cringe people on the planet' stinks of arrogance and a self measure of superiority.  

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Appreciate and fully understand what you are implying your but do you fancy a re-write changing the we's to they?

Sandy- I think you forget that Scots were very much at the fore in the creation of the British Empire.

You seem to imply that it was purely an English affair.

Having been to most of our former colonies, the message that comes over is that the Empire was a mixed bag.

There were good things and bad and most folk seem to appreciate that. Never come across any great animosity towards us.

Interestingly, a very high percentage of Jamaicans have Scottish surnames. Wonder what that tells you?

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

On the other hand many Scots would apply that sentiment to the tories and tory voters.

A couple of posters on here re-joined the SNP after Nicola's committee appearance and I would suggest that applied to many of the others, however I also feel that many joined in defiance of the tories and also. their wish for Independence.

To mention that the over 5,000 Scots who joined the SNP qualify as 'the most cringe people on the planet' stinks of arrogance and a self measure of superiority.  

Sandy - maybe you can give us some context to the numbers.

I think fully paid up membership was around 120000 a few years ago.

What is it now?

I say this as I understand that quite a few people who have either lapsed or cancelled their membership are still receiving literature and appeals for cash.

59 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

On 4th of March The Herald Reported 
More than 5,000 people have joined the SNP in the wake of Nicola Sturgeon's appearance at the Alex Salmond inquiry

Their source was Keith Brown MSP, the SNP’s campaign director and was for a 24 hour period

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19136153.nicola-sturgeons-appearance-alex-salmond-inquiry-sparks-surge-snp-members

The National's story dated on the same day says 7,600 "following Nicola Sturgeon’s eight-hour evidence session in front of Holyrood’s harassment committee" so presumably that took a bit more than 24 hours

Good God! Keith Brown! 

I was in the community council in Alloa when he was leader of Clackmannanshire Council. Thick doesn't even come close. I remember seeing the council's planner explaining the concept of green space to him in a meeting once. I'm sure he writes with crayons.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Good God! Keith Brown! 

I was in the community council in Alloa when he was leader of Clackmannanshire Council. Thick doesn't even come close. I remember seeing the council's planner explaining the concept of green space to him in a meeting once. I'm sure he writes with crayons.

You sure it's the same Keith Brown? There's going to be a lot of them

I went to school with a Keith Brown but It can't be that guy as I was at his funeral

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You sure it's the same Keith Brown? There's going to be a lot of them

I went to school with a Keith Brown but It can't be that guy as I was at his funeral

Vacant look, slack jaw, reads whilst mouthing the words...yep, same guy.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Vacant look, slack jaw, reads whilst mouthing the words...yep, same guy.

Actually, getting the officers to clearly articulate their point, or ask, in simple terms to ensure common understanding is good governance. Pretending that you understand something risks bad decision taking.