Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Baillie is absolutely agenda driven and doesn't like NS on a personal level either but she's still miles above that dribbling idiot Mitchell who is clearly frustrated at her own inability to land a blow.

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Ballie and Mitchells next job should be bingo callers 

Mitchell would call the number and then ask the punters "do you have the number I've just called? If not, why not"?

Edited by mozam76

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

What did she gain by not doing that?

Deniability that she had discussed the case previously.  The ability to hold a meeting with Salmond with no official record.

Let's remember that she only admitted to forgetting about a previous meeting recently.  If this matter had all died with Salmond being jailed then it would have worked out well for her.  It didn't and nownshe has been caught lying and then trying to cover up those lies.

The tone and wee under-her-breath comments from Baillie between questions/answers just further the parochial, diddy level of pettiness of this whole enquiry.

Baillie now appears to be working on the basis that unless a claim is expressly denied and contradicted, then it must be reality and fact, no matter how outlandish or bizarre, and regardless of the fact the original claim is not backed by any confirmatory evidence.

Edited by Boo Khaki

To be honest i am not sure this enquiry is going to make much of a difference to way people vote.

Let's be honest how many members on here are going to change the way they vote in May based on the AS/NS "scandal".

I know none of my close friends or workmates  have indicated they are. The only hope Unionists have is it peels enough of the soft SNP vote to stop a pro indy majority.

I remember in lead up to 2019 G.E some people seemed amazed that Boris and Tory Govt could have literally taken people outside and started shooting them in the street and their opinion poll ratings wouldn't have dipped by more than 1-2% at most.

It might be similar here in Scotland, i suspect that at least 42%-43% of population will vote for SNP no matter what. It really depends on how much below 50% it dips.

Just now, betting competition said:

Quite enjoying Baillie vs Sturgeon battle.

The little snide personal jousts they have break up the monotony of shite questioning.

I've thought for a long time that there has been something of a charming naivete about how the SNP has tried to prosecute the independence issue - voluminous White Papers, full public and media engagement, and so on.
But this is the British State we're talking about, steeped as it is in centuries of duplicity and the blackest of political arts - just look across the Irish Sea for example. Every state which has gained it's independence has done so after a struggle, and maybe today is a watershed in that the Marquis of Queensberry approach has been abandoned. If the Tories and Labour and a rabid media want to try stunts to crowbar public opinion then fucking bring it on.

12 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Quite enjoying Baillie vs Sturgeon battle.

Agree.  If you're interested in truth you need the likes of Baillie's questioning rather than low balls from the dribbling simpletons.  Sturgeon has came out of this relatively well and it's been validated by being put to a test.  The SNP members, Mitchell and Cole-Hamilton are pointless and an embarrassment.  Surely better out there more fit for this.

Just now, tirso said:

Agree.  If you're interested in truth you need the likes of Baillie's questioning rather than low balls from the dribbling simpletons.  Sturgeon has came out of this relatively well and it's been validated by being put to a test.  The SNP members, Mitchell and Cole-Hamilton are pointless and an embarrassment.  Surely better out there more fit for this.

Baillie is mud slinging. She has nothing of real substance. throwing any old shite and hoping something sticks.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

To be honest i am not sure this enquiry is going to make much of a difference to way people vote.

Let's be honest how many members on here are going to change the way they vote in May based on the AS/NS "scandal".

I know none of my close friends or workmates  have indicated they are. The only hope Unionists have is it peels enough of the soft SNP vote to stop a pro indy majority.

I remember in lead up to 2019 G.E some people seemed amazed that Boris and Tory Govt could have literally taken people outside and started shooting them in the street and their opinion poll ratings wouldn't have dipped by more than 1-2% at most.

It might be similar here in Scotland, i suspect that at least 42%-43% of population will vote for SNP no matter what. It really depends on how much below 50% it dips.

All of this is true. Views are entrenched, and nothing about these shenanignas will change people's minds. 

If you support the SNP you view this as a Tory orchestrated witch hunt supported by the right wing media. If you're a Unionist you hate Nicola Sturgeon anyway and would gladly see her catch fire. 

I suspect that Sturgeon's future will hang more on the May election than this enquiry. The Tories will look upon it as all of this as a success if they throw enough mud to deny the SNP a majority.

Just now, tirso said:

Yep, nothing is being cleared up either way here. Salmond & Sturgeon are brilliant operators whilst the MSPs asking questions are utterly dreadful and not made a single breakthrough.

All that's been proven is that Salmond & Sturgeon are the two most effective and impactful politicians this country has seen IMO.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yep, nothing is being cleared up either way here. Salmond & Sturgeon are brilliant operators whilst the MSPs asking questions are utterly dreadful and not made a single breakthrough.

All that's been proven is that Salmond & Sturgeon are the two most effective and impactful politicians this country has seen IMO.

I agree.  Even for the vast majority of people, it probably wont' change their vote.

For me both have been very good at presenting their case with two weaknesses

Salmond is equivocal on whether past ministers should be included in policy.  That's nonsense and doesn't reflect well on him.

Sturgeon has just denied point blank the evidence of Pringle, Hamilton and Aberdein.  Smells like tripe and leads you to wonder what it's about.