Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I'm still absolutely lost at what the advantage of this particular (apparent) lie was. 

You clearly haven't been following the events then.  If she knew what the point of the April meeting was thennahe should have had it officially recorded as it wasn't a drop in by Salmond for a cosy chat but government business.

I think it's becoming apparent that leaning so hard into the conspiracy aspects of this was a strategically poor decision by the anti-Sturgeon camp because it the outcome is 'The SG's policy was poor and was handled poorly" and nothing more, it's going to be perceived as a pretty crushing victory for the SG.

Just now, strichener said:

You clearly haven't been following the events then.  If she knew what the point of the April meeting was thennahe should have had it officially recorded as it wasn't a drop in by Salmond for a cosy chat but government business.

What did she gain by not doing that?

I think it's becoming apparent that leaning so hard into the conspiracy aspects of this was a strategically poor decision by the anti-Sturgeon camp because it the outcome is 'The SG's policy was poor and was handled poorly" and nothing more, it's going to be perceived as a pretty crushing victory for the SG.
Yeh, but who is going to report that?

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeh, but who is going to report that?

You're right. The MSM will disappear from this story like snow off a dyke in that scenario. And the story about incompetent handling of the investigation fades with it. And the perception will be that they've taken their shot at Sturgeon and failed miserably.

Edited by Gordon EF

That's what it increasingly looks like - and the handling by civil servants being the real problem.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

My view of this from a distance (I can't claim to have been in the detail at all) was that it seemed like an administrative cock up and some hefty incompetence, but I failed to see the grand end of days narrative being spun for the SNP at all.

I still haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My view of this from a distance (I can't claim to have been in the detail at all) was that it seemed like an administrative cock up and some hefty incompetence, but I failed to see the grand end of days narrative being spun for the SNP at all.

I still haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

This is it. You can make all the innuendo you like and ask all the hanging questions you like but when the time's come, there's been a complete lack of evidence to back any of it up. And not only that, it just doesn't even feel like the most likely explanation for events.

Glad I wasn't losing my mind about that Mitchell line of questioning.

Sitting here thinking, "no, she can't possibly be asking this".

Edit: maybe the idea was, "why didn't you do this wholly inappropriate thing so we had some proper ammunition to demand that you resign?"

Edited by BFTD

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Glad I wasn't losing my mind about that Mitchell line of questioning.

Sitting here thinking, "no, she can't possibly be asking this".

Edit: maybe the idea was, "why didn't you do this wholly inappropriate thing so we had some proper ammunition to demand that you resign?"

I think she's probably just an idiot.

However, there is something else in which confidence must be restored—the notion that politicians, when found wanting in their obligations, should take responsibility, and that the buck stops with those who are ultimately responsible.

Nicola Sturgeon