Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Controversial but Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, John Prescott, Alastair Campbell & Peter Mandelson (whilst quite a few scumbags in that list) were probably the smoothest collective of operators confined to one party in my lifetime.

I didn't vote for them, and they caused absolute shitstorms, but as a quote unquote, 'politician' they're probably the best collection.

Didn't Campbell yell at people until they did what they wanted, and Mandelson just threatened to have them assassinated?  :P

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The last decent set at Westminster were probably the Labour MPs under Blair...Brown (until he sold the gold), Blunkett, Prescott, Cook, Mowlam, Straw, Milburn et al. 

Lot's of experience and talent on the back benches as well. Not perfect by any means but a thousand times better than the corrupt Tories we have at the moment. 

Holyrood is a different beast because of the list. 

Yeah, I know what the pair of you mean, but it's funny how many of them ended up disgraced in one way or another.

Or dead, but to be fair to them, I don't think it had much to do with their work performance.

49 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

This Margaret Mitchell is honestly the biggest moron I've ever watched. Cringing at her asking these questions.

Is was absolutely painful listening to her asking about discrepancies in the timings between the policy being developed and the complaints coming in.

Do you even know what discrepancy means m8?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tories with their finger on the pulse.

Good to see the replies thoroughly agreeing with this take from the Scottish Conservatives.

(easily summed up as, "WTF are you smoking?")

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Two ScotCons in the room, and the most amazing thing about all of this is that Murdo Fraser is somehow coming out of this looking the more credible and coherent of the two. 

He's came across as probably the most effective 'interrogator' throughout this process.

That's an indictment of the rest of the panel rather than a compliment though.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Two ScotCons in the room, and the most amazing thing about all of this is that Murdo Fraser is somehow coming out of this looking the more credible and coherent of the two. 

I read somewhere though, that he tweeted last night about Sturgeon being guilty which is utterly moronic if true as a member of this questioning committee.

Margaret Mitchell thinking she’s Donald Finlay was frankly embarrassing. Murdo Fraser is a seething mess as well. Absolutely hee haw to contribute. Did NS conspire against Salmond- No. Well did she conspire with Salmond? No.
Move on to the real issues

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This "But look at thame" defence is f****** pathetic, tbqhwy

Reading this from a poster so active on the Sinn Fein thread has just made me spit out some tea I drank back in 2006 onto my screen.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I read somewhere though, that he tweeted last night about Sturgeon being guilty which is utterly moronic if true as a member of this questioning committee.

Even more bizarre is that the Daily Mail coverage and views on this are all written by none other than Douglas Ross !!

I mean, honestly !

Conflict of interests ???

You would also think that, in order to have come to the conclusion she was guilty, he would have a line of questioning in mind which might help him prove that?

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Reading this from a poster so active on the Sinn Fein thread has just made me spit out some tea I drank back in 2006 onto my screen.

Good for f****** you. Pity it didn't choke you.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Even more bizarre is that the Daily Mail coverage and views on this are all written by none other than Douglas Ross !!

I mean, honestly !

It's not really bizarre. 

Ross and Davidson probably do more writing for the Daily Mail, Express and Telegraph than they do parliamentary work. 

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I mean, honestly !

Not just that, it shows this is far from being an impartial or fair enquiry. m,aking up your mind before the evidence is given is  surely enough to pretty much throw this out?

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Not just that, it shows this is far from being an impartial or fair enquiry. m,aking up your mind before the evidence is given is  surely enough to pretty much throw this out?

It's about as fair and impartial as this...