Pearbuyerbell

Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

I think what every YES voter needs to try and do is remember how empty they felt on the morning of Friday 19 September 2014.

I can only speak for myself but i really felt there was a sense that the Country was in mourning as it dawned on us that we had perhaps thrown away a golden opportunity.
I don't want to wake up on May 7th with the same feeling, seeing the smug Baroness Ruth and beady eyed Douglas Ross grinning from ear to ear and gloating they have succeeded in stopping any chance of Indy 2.
The reality is we would then be tied to Boris' Brexit Britain for the decade as well all know England will vote him back in in 2024.

If anyone was ever in doubt of voting SNP again then this image will surely be enough to put them off not giving them a vote.

32 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:
Seems more than a coincidence to me that the FM is under an orchestrated media and opposition campaign to smear her & demand she resign even before she has even appeared at committee or James Hamilton has produced his report.

We had a full 12 months of opinion polls showing YES in the lead, and the FM's popularity was sees as attributing to that. Now lo & behold the media and opposition launch into these clearly orchestrated attacks to discredit her and therefore try and stop Indy in its tracks by preventing pro Indy majority in May.

To be honest this is what I and many other Indy supporters expected. The establishment is panicking and ever since the FM said she would hold another Indy Ref without Westminster's approval, they are frantically trying to stop her.

What hasn't helped is there is a small but very vocal hardcore group pf Indy supporters (especially those loyal to Alex Salmond) who are actually helping the Unionist cause by joining the attack. For a lot of those people they are furious at FM a she hasn't moved quick enough on independence. Even when you point out to them that up to end of 2019 there was no chance we YES would win, and that trying to run Indy vote in Pandemic would be political suicide, they still don't listen.

I do suspect we are about to see Project Fear & smear and every dirty trick in the book over next few months from Unionist media/press. They just want to pull enough votes away from SNP to prevent Pro Indy majority and this derail independence for next 5 years and in reality much much longer.

😂

Tinfoil hat stuff. I love to read it. The sheer disbelief, it's what happens when you use faith over logic. 

It's Strichener levels of smug, arrogant self delusion with absolutely zero self awareness

Wonder what team he supports?

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:

It's Strichener levels of smug, arrogant self delusion with absolutely zero self awareness

Wonder what team he supports?

It says when you click on peoples account. 

in the middle of a pandemic, Douglas Ross spends time attacking Nicola Sturgeon for doing something other than focussing on the pandemic. Douglas Ross doesn't realise the utter idiocy of this...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

It's either moronic or disingenuous to expect a government or political party to spend all of their time and effort focussing on priority number one on a large list of priorities.

I think what every YES voter needs to try and do is remember how empty they felt on the morning of Friday 19 September 2014.

I can only speak for myself but i really felt there was a sense that the Country was in mourning as it dawned on us that we had perhaps thrown away a golden opportunity.
I don't want to wake up on May 7th with the same feeling, seeing the smug Baroness Ruth and beady eyed Douglas Ross grinning from ear to ear and gloating they have succeeded in stopping any chance of Indy 2.
The reality is we would then be tied to Boris' Brexit Britain for the decade as well all know England will vote him back in in 2024.

I was in Glasgow the day after the referendum and Mrs Cambie pointed out how gloomy the atmosphere was. I will never forget that

16 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I was in Glasgow the day after the referendum and Mrs Cambie pointed out how gloomy the atmosphere was. I will never forget that

😂

That's Glasgow for you. The sun was shining brightly in the Borders. A glorious day. 

1 hour ago, paolo2143 said:
Seems more than a coincidence to me that the FM is under an orchestrated media and opposition campaign to smear her & demand she resign even before she has even appeared at committee or James Hamilton has produced his report.

We had a full 12 months of opinion polls showing YES in the lead, and the FM's popularity was sees as attributing to that. Now lo & behold the media and opposition launch into these clearly orchestrated attacks to discredit her and therefore try and stop Indy in its tracks by preventing pro Indy majority in May.

To be honest this is what I and many other Indy supporters expected. The establishment is panicking and ever since the FM said she would hold another Indy Ref without Westminster's approval, they are frantically trying to stop her.

What hasn't helped is there is a small but very vocal hardcore group pf Indy supporters (especially those loyal to Alex Salmond) who are actually helping the Unionist cause by joining the attack. For a lot of those people they are furious at FM a she hasn't moved quick enough on independence. Even when you point out to them that up to end of 2019 there was no chance we YES would win, and that trying to run Indy vote in Pandemic would be political suicide, they still don't listen.

I do suspect we are about to see Project Fear & smear and every dirty trick in the book over next few months from Unionist media/press. They just want to pull enough votes away from SNP to prevent Pro Indy majority and this derail independence for next 5 years and in reality much much longer.

Anything other than an SNP majority will be portrayed as a failure by the media and that Scots don't want a referendum. 

An SNP majority is essential imo. 

It's wrong but that's the way it is here.

https://amp.ft.com/content/e1eddd2f-cb0b-4c7a-8872-2783810fae8d?__twitter_impression=true

Scotland’s different Covid response to England appears to pay dividends

Imposing a winter lockdown earlier and harder, and prioritising care homes for vaccination have kept death rate lower

Can't argue with that.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://amp.ft.com/content/e1eddd2f-cb0b-4c7a-8872-2783810fae8d?__twitter_impression=true

Scotland’s different Covid response to England appears to pay dividends

Imposing a winter lockdown earlier and harder, and prioritising care homes for vaccination have kept death rate lower

Can't argue with that.

Exactly and it shows us what would have happened had the FM adopted the same Covid strategy as South of the Border, as all the Scottish opposition parties were urging her to do so.

I would rather have a leader who delivers a consistent message and adopts a more serious tone, than one who makes false promises over and over again on which they end up having to U-Turn on.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/04/yet-another-inevitable-u-turn-boris-johnson-begs-parents-mercy/

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/from-christmas-to-a-levels-a-tally-of-boris-johnsons-coronavirus-u-turns-215426/

36 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Meanwhile:

EvEbKzUXEAAcM7N.jpeg

Cult members like their dear leader. 

Stop. The. Press.

Someone wants to put Davidson down, she's a disgrace and has clearly lost the plot.

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Cult members like their dear leader. 

Stop. The. Press.

Says one of the "peepul cult member" 

Edited by Whitburn Vale

Just now, Whitburn Vale said:

Says one the "peepul cult member" 

Yes I do like the football team I support.

Stop. The. Press  

Sturgeon and Davidson having a go at each other here like a couple of drunk goth lesbians at 4 corners. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Yes I do like the football team I support.

Stop. The. Press  

And yes you follow the "party line",the tick book of do's and don'ts.......,cult member...

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Someone wants to put Davidson down, she's a disgrace and has clearly lost the plot.

Girlfriend found.