Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

There seems to be a common thread amongst the unwoke ba'thist lemmings of the party, massive bitterness at those who have successfully climbed the ranks to positions of influence, instead of spending their time ranting on social media about a minority most people haven't encountered much, if at all. 

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He didn't advise people not to vote SNP that's a myth.  He has always advocated voting SNP in Scotland if you support independence. 

There is no doubt whatsoever he strongly supports independence and always has.  There is also no doubt he conducts the highest quality journalism on Scottish politics of anybody alive. In terms of veracity and the quality of his analysis he is unrivalled.

He is also a bit of an arsehole. Those things are not incongruous. 

I am no Wings fanboy I have been Ip banned from commenting on his site for ages for telling him he's an arsehole, but I can still appreciate the quality of his work.

"if you have independence at heart then don't cast for the SNP in their current form"  

He's the one losing his job - an easy 25k a year job for being on holiday for months and not actually talking about Scottish independence anymore.  

He's trying his best to get everyone involved in a non-debate to save his job.  

Edited by Erih Shtrep

1 minute ago, Erih Shtrep said:

"if you have independence at heart then don't cast for the SNP in their current form"  

He's the one losing his job - an easy 25k a year job for being on holiday for months and not actually talking about Scottish independence anymore.  

He's trying his best to get everyone involved in a non-debate to save his job.  

I don't remember an article saying that and I've read about 95% of what he's ever written.  If you're interested in independence its a must read.  That's why its the most often accessed site in the Scottish parliament.  

As for the rest I have never had the slightest doubt he stringently supports independence.  I think that's a pretty cheap jibe tbh, more likely SNP MP's who stand to lose a million pound pension pots have that view. 

Though his content recently has been a bit of a rabble, you still get moments of lucidity and writing that no sensible person could objectively disagree with, like today's article about the NEC. If anyone doubts the veracity of what he's saying and wants to deconstruct it go ahead.  I posted one for I think inanimate bellend to deconstruct recently and you'll be surprised to know he could not.

As I said he's an arsehole, but he's not a bigot and his journalism is impeccable.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't remember an article saying that and I've read about 95% of what he's ever written.  If you're interested in independence its a must read.  That's why its the most often accessed site in the Scottish parliament.  

As for the rest I have never had the slightest doubt he stringently supports independence.  I think that's a pretty cheap jibe tbh, more likely SNP MP's who stand to lose a million pound pension pots have that view. 

Though his content recently has been a bit of a rabble, you still get moments of lucidity and writing that no sensible person could objectively disagree with, like today's article about the NEC. If anyone doubts the veracity of what he's saying and wants to deconstruct it go ahead.  I posted one for I think inanimate bellend to deconstruct recently and you'll be surprised to know he could not.

As I said he's an arsehole, but he's not a bigot and his journalism is impeccable.

It's his words not mine.   Are you expecting him to advocate a SNP(Nicola vote this time out)?   We both know the answer to that.  

The fake Rev - which itself is an unbelievably insane thing  to self-promote  today posts about Nicola Sturgeon's mental status.   Did you think the article was okay?    Remember you're convinced he's supporting her party!   

I don't want the SNP to split.  Rev Campbell does.  The NEC whisperer does.   

He's by far the biggest danger to Scottish independence.   But he no longer cares, and some just cannot see it!  

42 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

It's his words not mine.   Are you expecting him to advocate a SNP(Nicola vote this time out)?   We both know the answer to that.  

The fake Rev - which itself is an unbelievably insane thing  to self-promote  today posts about Nicola Sturgeon's mental status.   Did you think the article was okay?    Remember you're convinced he's supporting her party!   

I don't want the SNP to split.  Rev Campbell does.  The NEC whisperer does.   

He's by far the biggest danger to Scottish independence.   But he no longer cares, and some just cannot see it!  

That's my point, I don't think they are his words.  Funnily enough I just did a search on his site and guess what.......that didn't come up.

A lot of people tell a lot of lies about Wings, because he is the most effective independence campaigner there's ever been. You should probably check them before parroting them. One thing he always is is very up front, and sources everything archives everything.   

He doesn't want the SNP to split. He is someone who thinks the current leadership of the SNP are the biggest threat to independence, and he might well be right, he usually is.

He never even mentioned Nicola Sturgeon in today's article, you really need to start actually checking what is said before condemning him for things he hasn't said. But, given she's the actual FM her mental state would absolutely be something that is fair game to discuss (did you notice much discussion about Donald Trump's mental state?  Or Boris Johnson's) and his article was excellent. But  it didn't even mention NS at all, even once, let alone question her mental state.

As I always do when people slag Wings I will post his latest article, and invite you to deconstruct it.  I think this is the fourth time I've done this, no takers yet.  Shocker. Take as long as you need.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-death-wish/#more-124432

23 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's my point, I don't think they are his words.  Funnily enough I just did a search on his site and guess what.......that didn't come up.

A lot of people tell a lot of lies about Wings, because he is the most effective independence campaigner there's ever been. You should probably check them before parroting them. One thing he always is is very up front, and sources everything archives everything.   

He doesn't want the SNP to split. He is someone who thinks the current leadership of the SNP are the biggest threat to independence, and he might well be right, he usually is.

He never even mentioned Nicola Sturgeon in today's article, you really need to start actually checking what is said before condemning him for things he hasn't said. But, given she's the actual FM her mental state would absolutely be something that is fair game to discuss (did you notice much discussion about Donald Trump's mental state?  Or Boris Johnson's) and his article was excellent. But  it didn't even mention NS at all, even once, let alone question her mental state.

As I always do when people slag Wings I will post his latest article, and invite you to deconstruct it.  I think this is the fourth time I've done this, no takers yet.  Shocker. Take as long as you need.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-death-wish/#more-124432

https://wingsoverscotland.com/weak-in-the-presence-of-beauty/

That's the one I'm asking you about.  

Hopefully you can joint to dots which happens with nearly every Wings article.   Be smart.  Why has Stu Campbell decided to run with this today?  

Edited by Erih Shtrep

4 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/weak-in-the-presence-of-beauty/

That's the one I'm asking you about.  

Again, tremendous journalism, fully referenced, using her own statements not his, and hard to disagree with a single word of it.

I've said myself for ages NS biggest problem is she tries to be all things to all people, very much like Tony Blair, and is afraid to take the tough decisions for fear of damaging ratings. There's no doubt she's proved to be an extremely weak leader, she is really more of an administrator than a leader.  We, and the SNP, badly need leadership just now and she hasn't given any except to defend her fascist mates when they falsely accuse honourable people of transphobia.

I don't see anything unfair or inaccurate in it, he engages in conjecture as to why she participated in a criminal conspiracy to have an innocent man jailed for the rest of his life, we don't know for sure her reasons for doing that yet, only that she definitely did. So you could find fault with that, and his conclusion that she is a 'weak person' is possibly a little harsh and again conjecture, but she certainly has been an extremely weak leader there's no doubt about that.

Its an excellent article loaded with facts and references, as they always are. What really is going on is a lot of shooting the messenger as people don't want to hear the message. That's not his fault, that's Nicola Sturgeon's. As it happens I would prefer to see her remain in place as losing the actual First Minister a few weeks before an election would be hugely damaging to the cause of independence, but if it does happen it will be nobody's fault but hers.

Again though, if you want to deconstruct it the floor is yours....

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Again, tremendous journalism, fully referenced, using her own statements not his, and hard to disagree with a single word of it.

I've said myself for ages NS biggest problem is she tries to be all things to all people, very much like Tony Blair, and is afraid to take the tough decisions for fear of damaging ratings. There's no doubt she's proved to be an extremely weak leader, she is really more of an administrator than a leader.  We, and the SNP, badly need leadership just now and she hasn't given any except to defend her fascist mates when they falsely accuse honourable people of transphobia.

I don't see anything unfair or inaccurate in it, he engages in conjecture as to why she participated in a criminal conspiracy to have an innocent man jailed for the rest of his life, we don't know for sure her reasons for doing that yet, only that she definitely did. So you could find fault with that, and his conclusion that she is a 'weak person' is possibly a little harsh and again conjecture, but she certainly has been an extremely weak leader there's no doubt about that.

Its an excellent article loaded with facts and references, as they always are. What really is going on is a lot of shooting the messenger as people don't want to hear the message. That's not his fault, that's Nicola Sturgeon's. As it happens I would prefer to see her remain in place as losing the actual First Minister a few weeks before an election would be hugely damaging to the cause of independence, but if it does happen it will be nobody's fault but hers.

Again though, if you want to deconstruct it the floor is yours....

Are you actually in the SNP?

8 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

There is also no doubt he conducts the highest quality journalism on Scottish politics of anybody alive. In terms of veracity and the quality of his analysis he is unrivalled.

He is also a bit of an arsehole.

I am more and more convinced you are the Rev. I would also happily call myself an arsehole. 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There seems to be a common thread amongst the unwoke ba'thist lemmings of the party, massive bitterness at those who have successfully climbed the ranks to positions of influence, instead of spending their time ranting on social media about a minority most people haven't encountered much, if at all. 

I see you failed with the posting sabatical in February.  4 minutes into the month and you post the above.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 hours ago, strichener said:
If in the first five years you are claiming that Nicola brought more women to the Yes side whilst at the same time support for yes reduced then the only logical reason is that male support reduced more than female support increased.

It's certainly not what I've said - any shift in the female vote has been entirely in the last year.

That'll be why I didn't quote you.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Pepp.

Says it all.

I've put the c**t on ignore. Just an absolutely mental, spamming fantasist. 

ETA: Genuinely mystifying that PB is repeatedly banned but that arsehole is somehow able to ruin thread after thread with delusional shite. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Are we witnessing schizophrenia or is the Perthsire guy actually not the same person as CYG??

Nah, Perthshire bell sometimes posts something worth reading (usually something about cyclists/the Kia Ceed) whereas Pep is an absolute abomination of a poster with nothing to contribute.