Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Cant wait until the SNP budget:

Business leaders have already warned of a “brain drain” of talent amid the widening tax gulf while experts have said some Scottish taxpayers would be taxed at 53 percent on an “increasingly large proportion” of their income.

This is because they would be taxed at 41 percent by the Scottish Government and pay 12 percent for National -Insurance, which only drops to two per cent above the UK threshold.

So basically between whatever the SNP start the 41p rate of tax to £50,000 will be taxed at 41%+12% National Insurance.  What a joke.  53% tax.

Surely, they aren't that stupid to have people earning £50,000 a year pay 53% tax on some of that?

If they try and do something then the greens won't support the budget and it won't get passed.  Can we have an early election in Scotland?

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

So basically between whatever the SNP start the 41p rate of tax to £50,000 will be taxed at 41%+12% National Insurance.  What a joke.  53% tax.

Surely, they aren't that stupid to have people earning £50,000 a year pay 53% tax on some of that?

If they try and do something then the greens won't support the budget and it won't get passed.  Can we have an early election in Scotland?

Its ok Blanco says he isnt leaving

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Do as I. I'm a business, so I keep as much of my salary as possible, and claim back Vat at 40p per mile +. So those diddies Sturgeon and MacKay get as little as possible. 

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Business leaders have already warned of a “brain drain” of talent amid the widening tax gulf while experts have said some Scottish taxpayers would be taxed at 53 percent on an “increasingly large proportion” of their income.

This is because they would be taxed at 41 percent by the Scottish Government and pay 12 percent for National -Insurance, which only drops to two per cent above the UK threshold.

I'm already paying 53% on earned income that falls between the Scottish higher rate threshold of £43,430 and the rUK higher rate threshold of £46,350. In my case, that means that this rate applies to roughly the top £2000 of my yearly income.

Increasing the rUK higher rate threshold to £50,000 will have absolutely no effect on the amount of tax or NI that I pay. 

What will affect this will be: 

a) the amount of this year's local government pay settlement (I will retain 47% of that increase in my pay packet)

b) any increase in the Scottish higher rate threshold (I will pay 33% instead of 53% on the difference between £43,430 and the new threshold)

I have no intention of moving to anywhere else in rUK for an effective tax cut of a few hundred pounds.

4 hours ago, new kyd in town said:

Do as I. I'm a business, so I keep as much of my salary as possible, and claim back Vat at 40p per mile +. So those diddies Sturgeon and MacKay get as little as possible. 

:1eye  You come across really badly. It’s almost as if you’re a diddy.

26 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If you don't like paying tax, don't use roads, demand to pay the difference on subsidised travel, power etc. Or form a political party and try to get into power and run the country at the level of taxation & kind of society that entails.

I've always found it odd that people who rail against LEFTIES wanting something for nothing seem to want eh, something for nothing.

5 hours ago, new kyd in town said:

It almost sounds like you think Sturgeon literally gets your tax and just fires it in to her hipper

I’m sure you know this, as you are in business, but you can’t claim VAT back at 40p a mile. You are entitled to 1/6th of the fuel element of the 40p, which (depending on size of engine and fuel type) will be somewhere between 12p and 18p. So, 2p or 3p a mile.

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

If you don't like paying tax, don't use roads, demand to pay the difference on subsidised travel, power etc. Or form a political party and try to get into power and run the country at the level of taxation & kind of society that entails.

Why should I care. I have the Barnett Formula to take care of my needs.