Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

5 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

WTF?   :blink:  Is this for real or has the Kincardine got an alias? 

Oh FFS.  My contempt for Scot Nats and Wee Nicola is well known but at least my drivel is well-punctuated drivel.  Oh, and I never lifted a hand to my 'wains' (sic).

9 hours ago, bob the tank said:

There isn't such a thing as a Scottish Labour party. As former leader Johann Lamont once said.... The Scottish Accounting Unit, a department of English Labour.

Shhhh - we’re all supposed to enable the fiction that they’re a party instead of, legally, an accounting unit of a party.

18 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

SNP:  Our consultant met CA and basically thought they were a "bunch of cowboys"

Yoon Media:

DbC6rb9XcAAH2g-.jpg

What's happening with the Herald? They've went into maximum yoon overdrive recently. I can only assume they need as much clickbait as possible and are now going for the outrages headlines rather than story content... Regardless it's poor journalism from them.

8 hours ago, Colkitto said:

What's happening with the Herald? They've went into maximum yoon overdrive recently. I can only assume they need as much clickbait as possible and are now going for the outrages headlines rather than story content... Regardless it's poor journalism from them.

Since The National came out, think The Herald have swung to being explicitly pro-Union. Reporter Tom Gordon openly supports it. Worried it'll go down the same route as The Scotsman into irrelevance or full-on zoomery, giving hardline Unionists a platform (like The Scotsman gave Jill Stephenson a piece). Even the Sunday Herald is poor these days - appointing Angela Haggerty as reporter, when what Robert Somynne has said about her and CommonSpace doesn't give me room for optimism about that paper...

FWIW I do like The National and think it gets a bad press because of mistakes it made early in its time, though I accept it could be better.

Edited by Sunrise

27 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Since The National came out, think The Herald have swung to being explicitly pro-Union. Reporter Tom Gordon openly supports it. Worried it'll go down the same route as The Scotsman into irrelevance or full-on zoomery, giving hardline Unionists a platform (like The Scotsman gave Jill Stephenson a piece). Even the Sunday Herald is poor these days - appointing Angela Haggerty as reporter, when what Robert Somynne has said about her and CommonSpace doesn't give me room for optimism about that paper...

FWIW I do like The National and think it gets a bad press because of mistakes it made early in its time, though I accept it could be better.

Spot on mate, totally agree. The Herald has definitely shifted  to being very pro-Union to the point that it's more like a comic than a newspaper.

Sunday Herald has went down hill also, and with the appointment of Angela Haggerty I don't see it getting any better  

The National is a complete irrelevance, selling about as many copies as the Greenock Telegraph on a daily basis. It thought it was marching on to the scene to become a leading force for the Scottish independence movement, but has dwindled into insignificance after only a few years. Even the Daily Star sells four times as many copies, and I had no idea if that rag was still on the go. What a minter.

7 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

The National is a complete irrelevance, selling about as many copies as the Greenock Telegraph on a daily basis. It thought it was marching on to the scene to become a leading force for the Scottish independence movement, but has dwindled into insignificance after only a few years. Even the Daily Star sells four times as many copies, and I had no idea if that rag was still on the go. What a minter.

How's Brexit going? I take it your one of those "I voted no but accept the result :whistle" types?

I feel mistakes The National made in their early days puts a lot of folk off it - which isn't fair now. I thoroughly enjoy Kirsty Strickland, Robert Somynne and Andrew Tickell.

Edited by Sunrise

23 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

How's Brexit going? I take it your one of those "I voted no but accept the result :whistle" types?

I feel mistakes The National made in their early days puts a lot of folk off it - which isn't fair now. I thoroughly enjoy Kirsty Strickland, Robert Somynne and Andrew Tickell.

Also known as a born-again Brexiteer. Mother England knows best after all.