Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

I see The Sturge is absolutely romping Sky's "Britain's most influential woman" poll.

I also see Sky have removed their comments saying the poll was to close yesterday. As a result, wee Mhairi has now overtaken the Queen in 2nd place.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It’s... It’s a Sky News poll.

It's the fourth estate.  They're the biggest private news corporation in the UK.

A professional, balanced, objective media is an absolutely fundamental pillar of a functioning democracy.  I'm amazed I have to explain that.  I don't think anybody could seriously argue we have that in the UK.

It's the fourth estate.  They're the biggest private news corporation in the UK.
A professional, balanced, objective media is an absolutely fundamental pillar of a functioning democracy.  I'm amazed I have to explain that.  I don't think anybody could seriously argue we have that in the UK.

I agree that’s why I know you’ll be backing Corbyn’s plans to break up media monopolies like he was detailing last week. [emoji1303]

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I agree that’s why I know you’ll be backing Corbyn’s plans to break up media monopolies like he was detailing last week. emoji1303.png

Couldn't give a fk mate.  Once he stops lying about and smearing the Scottish government and instructs other senior members of his party to do the same I'll listen to a word he says.

19 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

29133778_10102352774313822_387952769371209728_n.jpg

assuming all those numbers are accurate:

- there's a crossover/overlap between some of these groups.

- it's worth putting the year of each referendum in context. Those results would read significantly differently if the EU ref had taken place prior to the indyref

- for both points above, there's a whole new question to be asked "knowing now that Britain will be leaving the EU, would you rather live in an iScotland seeking close partnership with the EU, or see Scotland stay in the Union and take whatever deal the Tories negotiate for the whole country seeing as they've shown no interest in what the devolved administrations wish apart from possibly Northern Ireland, and that's largely due to major headaches over the Irish border and them having to bribe the DUP to prop them up?"

-the SNP haven't exactly gone down a nuclear route of UDI, or even talking about that as an option. They've kept arguing that Scotland is better off being independent; membership skyrocketed post Indyref to show that a significant number still wanted to campaign with a medium-to-long term view of holding another indyref, possibly if there was a material change of circumstances such as, er, leaving the EU

- the election results post indyref have seen the SNP vote hold up very healthily, which is kinda where the pic falls down. They've a clear mandate. The Unionist vote in the main is coalescing behind the Tories which is having an impact on the overall seats, however

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely