Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

So women's single sex spaces aren't a downside, women's sports aren't a downside? 

A predatory man set on attacking a woman isn't going to bother with a gender recognition certificate to access woman only spaces.

16 minutes ago, Madame RH33 said:

A predatory man set on attacking a woman isn't going to bother with a gender recognition certificate to access woman only spaces.

Indeed. The idea that a sexual predator would concern himself with breaking the law of entering a female only space as a man is completely outrageous. They simply don't care.

Sadly, all logical reasoning goes out of the window when the right wing press can smell another "SNPbaaad" opportunity.

15 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

We already use less energy than we produce in renewables. The bulk of our green energy is exported. That's the sole reason why we still rely on fossil fuels. That's why I mentioned in a previous comment that we would effectively have to halt our exports of green energy in order for it to meet our energy requirements. I'm not sure where you got the quarter of a century stuff from, but it's categorically untrue.

I'd imagine he's referring to wider petroleum-based products like plastics, fertilisers etc, not hydrocarbons being used for energy production (i.e. gas, which primarily comes from the southern North Sea).

There’s a far, far higher rate of sexual offences from male Conservative MPs elected in 2019 compared to trans individuals. 

I’d love to see the chaos if someone said that in parliament. 

Edited by Paco

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

There’s a far, far higher rate of sexual offences from male Conservative MPs elected in 2019 compared to trans individuals. 

I’d love to see the chaos if someone said that in parliament. 

I'm genuinely surprised Mhairi Black didn't use that one yesterday, although she did lay into the c***s pretty well anyway. 

50 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Are you quoting someone here, or is there a specific example you want to discuss? 

The whole business rates for hospitality. The whole supporting the immediate end to the Oil and gas industry. 

59 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Pretty much every political party in Scotland and the UK are anti-business to one extent or another.  I wouldn't say the SNP are more or less than the alternatives.

I remember Boris's reaction to being told that his Brexit deal would be bad for business; "Fuck business.".

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

The SNP are beginning to come across as very anti-business these days. 

Indeed. They are so anti-business that they heavily backed remaining in the EU, as it would be far better for business in Scotland. Meanwhile, your tory party are so pro-business, that they backed Brexit and the systematic collapse and fleeing of businesses across the whole of the UK.

21 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Indeed. They are so anti-business that they heavily backed remaining in the EU, as it would be far better for business in Scotland. Meanwhile, your tory party are so pro-business, that they backed Brexit and the systematic collapse and fleeing of businesses across the whole of the UK.

I am not a Tory. I’ve voted SNP the last few elections. Just think they are losing the plot 

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I am not a Tory. I’ve voted SNP the last few elections. Just think they are losing the plot 

What exactly are they doing that is "anti-business"? They warned us that businesses in Scotland would be hit the hardest in a Brexit Britain and that's exactly what we're seeing.