Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

These people have the audacity to call themselves journalists.

It is utterly pathetic, especially if you consider the constant tensions that exist in political groupings. The existential crises that continue to afflict the red and blue versions tell us that debate at whatever level is the thing of these parties and especially so in a Westminster context.

I've no doubt that there is something of a changing of the guard and good for that but it's hardly Corbyn / Watson or One Nation / ERG trauma.

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Here is as good a place as any. 

Have any PnBers loaned their employer nearly twice their annual take home pay to help them though ‘cash flow difficulties’?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-63973961

I am shocked by this.  An absolutely damning indictment of Mr Wee Nippy.

Forget Tories ripping off the taxpayer with PPE contracts, forget a deputy Prime Minister with eight allegations of abuse, forget us paying for Johnson’s lawyers to defend him over Partygate.  This abomination of a man had the audacity to LEND money to his employers.

Hanging’s too good for him.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am shocked by this.  An absolutely damning indictment of Mr Wee Nippy.

Forget Tories ripping off the taxpayer with PPE contracts, forget a deputy Prime Minister with eight allegations of abuse, forget us paying for Johnson’s lawyers to defend him over Partygate.  This abomination of a man had the audacity to LEND money to his employers.

Hanging’s too good for him.

How many of your employees have done this for your company?

Regardless of your whataboutery, this is highly unusual and the initial lack of reporting as a regulated transaction is par for the course for the SNP's understanding of finances.  The best of which being that they are managed on a "cash flow basis"

Edited by strichener

26 minutes ago, strichener said:

How many of your employees have done this for your company?

Regardless of your whataboutery, this is highly unusual and the initial lack of reporting as a regulated transaction is par for the course for the SNP's understanding of finances.  The best of which being that they are managed on a "cash flow basis"

So hanging or not? You’re not very clear on that.

30 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Maybe this money is part of the missing £600,000, will see how the twisted b*****d wriggles out of it at tell the sheep (Lane brains) a fairy story 

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive. Well you said that we made such a pretty pair and that you would never leave but you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

He’s as corrupt as the rest of them. Any whatabootery about dem dam toaries doesn’t wash I’m afraid.

The evangelical following they have cultured through seemingly sentient beings thoroughly bemuses me. 

Agreed. If the SNP had a functioning leadership that wasn't occupying the same household, they'd be quietly ushering Murrell as far away from the party centre as possible before the inevitable happens. 

Quite a few are willing to just ignore every red flag and clanging alarm bell if an opinion poll tells them it works*, but it has the potential to sink an indyref2 in the middle of the campaign. 

* as it did for 'Labour, Scottish' right until the point that they got obliterated 

11 hours ago, spongeheid15 said:

Maybe this money is part of the missing £600,000, will see how the twisted b*****d wriggles out of it at tell the sheep (Lane brains) a fairy story 

Wriggled out of what exactly. What has happened here that needs to be "wriggled" out of as that suggests some sort of wrong doing / illegality  ?

17 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What's the alleged impropriety here? Other than the words MONEY STURGEON HUSBAND 

The SNP raised £600,000 saying it would be ring fenced for an independence campaign. Then they only had £90,000 and can explain where the ring fenced money was spent. 

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The SNP raised £600,000 saying it would be ring fenced for an independence campaign. Then they only had £90,000 and can explain where the ring fenced money was spent. 

That is a totally different and long running issue and appears irrelevant to the point you were answering. 

Trying to look at this matter objectively, from an anti SNP standpoint, there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong in him lending money to his organisation to get over a temporary cash flow problem. It just seems a bit strange!!

Politically, it doesn’t look great and it’s no wonder the opposition parties are all over it.

The SNP would be doing the same if it was the other way round.