Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

The following two statements are both true and not mutually exclusive

1. Having an NHS that’s free at the point of use and based on clinical need rather than ability to pay is a very good and important thing and we should absolutely protect that

2. It absolutely makes sense to pay for private medical insurance if you have the means to do so because the standard of private care is far superior to that which the state provides 
2. It makes sense if you are blind to the idea that NHS waiting lists and the existence of private health care are related. Do you think the agency staff, surgeons, consultants etc only work in one or the other?
I imagine you would also argue that the existence of private schools does not impede the educational entitlement and aspirations of all children.
Leaving that aside, you are confusing "choice" with ability to pay. While it's easily argued that this is just about acceptable in some areas of life - where to go on holiday; which car to buy - this doesn't work for fundemental rights or needs.

The following two statements are both true and not mutually exclusive

1. Having an NHS that’s free at the point of use and based on clinical need rather than ability to pay is a very good and important thing and we should absolutely protect that

2. It absolutely makes sense to pay for private medical insurance if you have the means to do so because the standard of private care is far superior to that which the state provides 
2. It makes sense if you are blind to the idea that NHS waiting lists and the existence of private health care are related. Do you think the agency staff, surgeons, consultants etc only work in one or the other?
I imagine you would also argue that the existence of private schools does not impede the educational entitlement and aspirations of all children.
Leaving that aside, you are confusing "choice" with ability to pay. While it's easily argued that this is just about acceptable in some areas of life - where to go on holiday; which car to buy - this doesn't work for fundemental rights or needs.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’d just love to know what the SNP would do differently in an independent country bearing in mind they would need to use their own tax revenues with no Barnett and no subsidy per person from Westminster. Their own advisors tell them that there would be years of austerity.

Please, somebody, tell me.

Make even bigger c*#" of things

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’d just love to know what the SNP would do differently in an independent country bearing in mind they would need to use their own tax revenues with no Barnett and no subsidy per person from Westminster. Their own advisors tell them that there would be years of austerity.

Please, somebody, tell me.

I would imagine starting to charge the rUK for the 17 TW of electricity (worth an estimated 2.4 billion pounds) we currently give them each year for nothing would be a start..........actually we are that generous we pay them just now to give them our electricity. 

If it comes to the worst, we could always just do what the financially bust UK does just now. Have the central bank create new money from nothing or borrow from the markets.

13 hours ago, spongeheid15 said:

Screenshot_20221124_180432_com.facebook.katana_edit_89695901250895.jpg

I am intrigued as to how Spongeheid puts these together but he keeps the merging of his political messages and artistic process quite close to his chest - as most talent does tbh. Anyway, was further intrigued by the article and found a little more detail to inform the headline and the quote. Transpires the quote is from a t-shirt company so completely holds up and without doubt worthy of a headline and article. This will probably gain traction beyond the Scottish Daily Express with perhaps the Daily Star and Sunday Sport running with it.

Humorology, the online store selling the garment for £33 believes there a plenty of people who would proudly wear the "worst Scottish politician ever".

The store told the Sun: “People are loving it. I put together Nicola Sturgeon and this particular meme for two reasons.

“Firstly, both are Scottish. And secondly, she has been the worst Scottish politician ever. Many people dislike her — mainly English people.”

10 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

Sturgeon is a busted flush.   She's been in the job too long and has let the country go to rack and ruin whilst she chases a dream that the majority of the population don't want.

Oh we’re a “country” again, are we? Funny how UK Nats want us to be a “country” when they want to bash us, but the UK to be our country when it comes to the actual constitution and the exercising of democracy.

3 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

Fuelled By SNP Tears - UK Politics - Mug - I Love Mugs

I’m not in the SNP. Glad to see another Little Briton whose fetish for the UK can only be expressed as a hatred for Scotland, though. You do realise that the UK Government holds even bootlicking Scotch like yourself in contempt, don’t you? The more loyalist North Britons are, the more they consider you useful idiots.

25 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I’m not in the SNP. Glad to see another Little Briton whose fetish for the UK can only be expressed as a hatred for Scotland, though. You do realise that the UK Government holds even bootlicking Scotch like yourself in contempt, don’t you? The more loyalist North Britons are, the more they consider you useful idiots.

I don't hate Scotland, I just hate the SNP. 

How long will Sturgeon remain as FM and SNP leader? Next Holyrood election is 2025, likely that the next Westminster election will be in 2024. 

There seems to be a kind of conventional wisdom that she’ll hand to someone soon. I don’t see it, I think she’ll probably remain in place beyond both of those - assuming that nothing completely mental happens, unforeseen scandal etc.

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

How long will Sturgeon remain as FM and SNP leader? Next Holyrood election is 2025, likely that the next Westminster election will be in 2024. 

There seems to be a kind of conventional wisdom that she’ll hand to someone soon. I don’t see it, I think she’ll probably remain in place beyond both of those - assuming that nothing completely mental happens, unforeseen scandal etc.

Screenshot_20221123_201823_com.facebook.katana_edit_140892680079020.jpg