Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  Saying it's ok to cross an international border to go from Gretna to Longtown - and to use different currencies in each place  - is ok 'because Latvia' is sensible?

Nationalism rots people's brains.

You just repeatedly say stuff.

It doesn't need to stack up logically for you, does it?  You'll say it anyway.

You will find places close to each other on opposite sides of borders the world over.  Unless you're arguing that all such divisions are also absolutely wrong, you've nothing to say.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  Saying it's ok to cross an international border to go from Gretna to Longtown - and to use different currencies in each place  - is ok 'because Latvia' is sensible?

Nationalism rots people's brains.

It's ok here apparently

image.thumb.png.0078676805cf8f51618d626bed8a7623.png 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You just repeatedly say stuff.

It doesn't need to stack up logically for you, does it?  You'll say it anyway.

You will find places close to each other on opposite sides of borders the world over.  Unless you're arguing that all such divisions are also absolutely wrong, you've nothing to say.

You already know that - when it comes to imposing an international border and two currencies in Britain - I have plenty to say.

It's a bizarre idea and is all to do with 'Country' and not 'policy' and is a natural conclusion to the vile politics of identity and division.

Sad that you - an otherwise sensible bloke - are indulging this dreadful idea.

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I love it when unionist complain about a potential border while ignoring or supporting this British imposed border 

Which wasn’t imposed for economic reasons

20 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It's ok here apparently 

Start as 'partition of Ireland' thread.  Your point has as much relevance as @Monkey Tennisbleating about post-Soviet Latvia.

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You already know that - when it comes to imposing an international border and two currencies in Britain - I have plenty to say.

It's a bizarre idea and is all to do with 'Country' and not 'policy' and is a natural conclusion to the vile politics of identity and division.

Sad that you - an otherwise sensible bloke - are indulging this dreadful idea.

You're cutting an increasingly ludicrous figure.

It's a pity.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Is this how you avoid answering questions you know kills your argument?

Nice 

I have supported a united Ireland for years on here.  Here's a quick example from 5 years ago:

On 28/04/2017 at 21:02, The_Kincardine said:

On the subject of Brexit is a Farce I see that the The EU seem to be trying to make a pathway for a united Ireland.  Now, of course, Ireland should be united.  BUT it has heehaw to do with the EU:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/27/eu-to-debate-recognising-united-ireland-to-allow-swift-return-for-north

That Ireland is a divided state is execrable. A single island with an international border and two currencies is an utterly shite model and really not one the ScotchNats should try and impose on Britain.

However, this is a thread about Britain so it's much better we stick to discussing Britain.

OK?

Talking of the Irish border, I recall visiting Derry/Londonderry in 2009. 

They solved Kincy's currency question by the simple method of having big signs in shops saying "£1 = €1" and accepting both currencies, even thaough the Euro was worth around 15% less than the pound at the time.

Kincy - do you really thnk that shopkeepers will refuse payment in "foreign" currencies in Annan & Carlisle after independence?

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're cutting an increasingly ludicrous figure.

It's a pity.

I've lived about 30 years apiece north and south - though obviously not consecutively.  There is barely a difference between the two.  Now, if not wanting our nation partitioned, makes me an, "increasingly ludicrous figure" then I'll happily live with it.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That Ireland is a divided state is execrable. A single island with an international border and two currencies is an utterly shite model and really not one the ScotchNats should try and impose on Britain.

So you think the UK should be broken up. Good.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've lived about 30 years apiece north and south - though obviously not consecutively.  There is barely a difference between the two.  Now, if not wanting our nation partitioned, makes me an, "increasingly ludicrous figure" then I'll happily live with it.

I've lived on both sides of the border too.  So what?

What makes you an increasingly ludicrous figure these days is that you come out with infantile rubbish, have it challenged and just re-state your view anyway, without engaging with the challenge at all.

It's pitiful, and a bit embarrassing to witness.

11 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Talking of the Irish border, I recall visiting Derry/Londonderry in 2009. 

They solved Kincy's currency question by the simple method of having big signs in shops saying "£1 = €1" and accepting both currencies, even thaough the Euro was worth around 15% less than the pound at the time.

Kincy - do you really thnk that shopkeepers will refuse payment in "foreign" currencies in Annan & Carlisle after independence?

I'd have thought that Kincardine wouldn't want bureaucracy to get in the way of businesses accepting whatever media of exchange they like. The state that His Britannic Majesty's Government has left the economy in, shops would gladly accept necklaces made of cats' teeth, jam jars and ginger bottles. 

Edit... Some shopkeepers in England refuse to take Scottish banknotes, which are denominated in Sterling so, frankly, fek em. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Suckered into this but what makes you an "increasingly ludicrous figure" are statements such as the one in bold.

Hang on. The guy who spent about three weeks rampaging over every thread in this sub droning on about "wEe nIpPy bOwInG tO tHe rOyAlS" is now complaining that a thread isn't entirely remaining on topic? Must be coincidence that's he being methodically rinsed at the same time. 

I would say it's a but sad to see a once occasionally decent poster reduced to this, but it's not. It's pretty funny,