Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Sponge rab said:
If you are laying with a heart attack, stroke etc in an ambulance queued up 10 deep outside a hospital just remember Scotland has a better admission rate than the Welsh or English, according to rat face

You won't be though as those sort of emergencies aren't being queued up are they ?

Correct. My Mum had a stroke during the height of the pandemic and wasn't in any queue. 

2 hours ago, Sponge rab said:

If you are laying with a heart attack, stroke etc in an ambulance queued up 10 deep outside a hospital just remember Scotland has a better admission rate than the Welsh or English, according to rat face

Hi Douglas. 

Those suits must be getting awfy tight m8.

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

What a weirdo she is 

This is my favourite example of her lunacy. Someone queried the lack of diversity in her Worst Witch ripoffs and her immediate response was to invent a “character”, give him a stereotypical Jewish name, and debut him on Twitter, pretending her fantasy world was real and he’d always been part of it. Crackpot. Probably the only author I’ve ever seen descend into writing their own shite fan fiction.

ETA: there are some hilarious reviews up on YouTube of her most recent “work”: a 1000+ page disaster about herself (cunningly hidden behind a fictional identity) being murdered for opposing trans people, after being harassed online by those wicked, wicked men in dresses and their extreme SJWs. Joanne is the victim, you see - did you get that?

A0D9E7BF-12AE-4541-B486-1865CB6B69E4.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Usual erudite reply.

However, I always thought she was left- leaning.

An anti-trans Unionist doesn't exactly scream left wing, brother.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

An anti-trans Unionist doesn't exactly scream left wing, brother.

She was always New Labour. When the prospect of Labour going left-wing arose under Corbyn, she was one of the many (not the few) who threw up their hands in horror at the very idea. She and the existing Labour Party were the victims, you see, of those nasty lefties. Wee Joanne is always the victim.

Rowling has always epitomised the New Labour poseur: happy to carp and wring her hands about the Tories from the sidelines but utterly dedicated to keeping Labour a pale Conservative tribute act.

Couple of nice takes from Keith Brown’s speech:

“She (Truss) has been a Tory government minister for a decade, serving under Cameron, May and Johnson. From austerity to Brexit, she's been complicit in inflicting the worst Tory policies on the people of this country.

“It is a sobering thought that when the history of 2022 is written, it will record that Boris Johnson was not even the worst prime minister this year."

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Tories snowflaking it up all over the replies. 

Yup it seems to be causing a bit of a stushie with the Yoons over at The Herald, I've allus found those of a right-wing persuasion to be the biggest snowfakes/whingers.

10 minutes ago, btb said:

Yup it seems to be causing a bit of a stushie with the Yoons over at The Herald, I've allus found those of a right-wing persuasion to be the biggest snowfakes/whingers.

Consider the whole 'woke/snowflake' accusations came about from privileged right-wingers trying to deflect criticism, aye.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I am undoubtedly biased, but that performance is miles ahead of any of Truss’s interviews I’ve seen; Sturgeon oozes ability, clarity of thought and commitment.

BTW any right thinking person detests the Tories and all they stand for.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

It's great...loads of the "I hATe STurGEoN" crowd are going nuts because she said she detests the Tories and a quick check of there timelines and they are all level headed obviously 🤣