Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Seems to me that there's a bit if confusion at the moment. It is perfectly possible to be a Royalist but not want to be ruled by the government operating in the country where the monarch normally resides. 

Canada, Australia and New Zealand and others all have the British monarch as their head of state but appear to have no desire to be governed by Truss, Redwood or Rees-Mogg. I've not heard much about them wanting to start sending MPs to Westminster. 

Personally, I find the whole notion of the inherited Head of State laughable. Britain was apparently an unfortunate romance away from having a Nazi as Head of State in the 30s. Same family. Some way to run a country. 

13 hours ago, cambozpar said:

Whatever 

13 hours ago, cambozpar said:

Enjoy your life scrambling for political relevancy on an obscure scottish football website forum you sad person. jeez i feel so bad for you, seek help ffs 7.1k posts on a pointless scottish football website political forum. A life lived to the full im sure. Bravo! 

What's @cambozpar ever done to you, @cambozpar ? Extraordinary outburst.

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, there doesn’t need to be any republican sentiment. 

I have to admit to being a little disappointed at just how heavy the SNP are going on the royalist sentiment. I get there’s a political angle there but no need to be so gushing. 

You are confusing the SNP with the Scottish Government.

This is not a fatuous point I make.

Long after the nonsense has faded from our minds, there will many with a residual memory that we can do state things.

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, at the moment it would be a total vote loser. Get independence and then go about binning the leach brigade.

Yeah let’s ignore people’s civil rights being trampled on because condemning this would be a ‘vote loser.  I fucking despair at times.

15 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Britain was apparently an unfortunate romance away from having a Nazi as Head of State in the 30s. Same family. Some way to run a country. 

Having just come out of the bloodiest war ever, led by our monarch fighting against his cousin. 

On 13/09/2022 at 14:09, welshbairn said:

What's @cambozpar ever done to you, @cambozpar ? Extraordinary outburst.

He types, "whatever" in response to Antlion then 10mins later, reads said response takes offence and then go off on one.

How drunk do you have to be to take umbrage at your own replies? Laughing my ass off here.😆

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair fucks to Drakey. 

My Welsh pals across the border have mixed views on him but he’s right here. 

Worst health figures on record. Forth Valley 38.4% and Humza Useless calls for immediate action - thought he was the Minister in charge - what exactly is he going to do?

Will be interesting to see who Sturgeon and her troops blame this on - Covid? Energy Crisis? or war in Ukraine? or the plain and simple fact that they are useless and incapable of running a raffle never mind the NHS.

Edited by Hard Graft

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Worst health figures on record. Forth Valley 38.4% and Humza Useless calls for immediate action - thought he was the Minister in charge - what exactly is he going to do?

Will be interesting to see who Sturgeon and her troops blame this on - Covid? Energy Crisis? or war in Ukraine? or the plain and simple fact that they are useless and incapable of running a raffle never mind the NHS.

I think they’re even worse than England.

That used to be the big excuse.

18 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Her usual pish, Westminster 

On 20/09/2022 at 18:06, Hard Graft said:

I wonder whose in a better position to address this problem, a country with control over its own resources and revenue raising powers or a country de facto dependent on another country for the allocation of resources.

I’ll have to go and think that over…

Almost certainly Covid but also staff shortages due to Brexit.

It's a story across the NHS and across the UK.

It's probably exacerbated more in Scotland due to a generally unhealthier population putting greater demands on health care (Covid related and non-Covid related).