Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d like to see a statement from Nicola Sturgeon or one of her senior ministers condemning the arrest of anti monarchy ‘protesters’ in Scotland.

Whether the Scottish Government would like to condemn the arrests or not, they've nothing to gain by doing so. Over the next few weeks, virtually any complaint about anything remotely involving the monarchy will be met with wild hysteria from millions of people who, frankly, are not in their right minds.

It's a pisser to have to put up with, but I'd have thought everyone will have any charges quietly dropped and will just have the standard inconvenience of the arrest. It's not right, but nothing about this shitshow is.

Whether the Scottish Government would like to condemn the arrests or not, they've nothing to gain by doing so. Over the next few weeks, virtually any complaint about anything remotely involving the monarchy will be met with wild hysteria from millions of people who, frankly, are not in their right minds.
It's a pisser to have to put up with, but I'd have thought everyone will have any charges quietly dropped and will just have the standard inconvenience of the arrest. It's not right, but nothing about this shitshow is.

There's a time and place for republicanism but it would be political suicide to do anything right now.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There's a time and place for republicanism but it would be political suicide to do anything right now.

Aye, but still a bit shite for the guy who got assaulted and nicked for calling His Royal Nonceness a big old nonce to his face.

Something like that shouldn't be a Monarchist/Republican dividing line, but it certainly seems to be.

I am in no way a Sturgeon fan, despise is a word i would usually follow her name with, but even i thought she was en pointe today. Her speech at the Scottish parliament was the best thing i have ever heard her say, and her anecdotes were  geniune and deeply personal to her. Even she in her own words admitted her awe of the late monarch. Well done Nicola, you done us proud today.

8 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

I am in no way a Sturgeon fan, despise is a word i would usually follow her name with, but even i thought she was en pointe today. Her speech at the Scottish parliament was the best thing i have ever heard her say, and her anecdotes were  geniune and deeply personal to her. Even she in her own words admitted her awe of the late monarch. Well done Nicola, you done us proud today.

So close. It's did. 

27 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

“I Sturgeon despise”?

Monarchists card read good.

3 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

Whatever 

Enjoy your life scrambling for political relevancy on an obscure scottish football website forum you sad person. jeez i feel so bad for you, seek help ffs 7.1k posts on a pointless scottish football website political forum. A life lived to the full im sure. Bravo! 

6 hours ago, cambozpar said:

If only i could type what i really thought about your ilk, nkobend

You have shown a promising aptitude for typing and I would encourage you to persist.

I'm genuinely curious and I'd be very happy to learn more if your thoughts and an expansion upon the ilk cohort.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It has sod all to do with republicanism, it has to do with freedom of speech.  If Scotland’s elected politicians will not support that then the country is fucked.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It has sod all to do with republicanism, it has to do with freedom of speech.  If Scotland’s elected politicians will not support that then the country is fucked.

Look on the bright side - there's literally been no point during your lifetime when these folk wouldn't have been arrested and/or battered for this, so we're no more fucked than we were a week ago.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I actually agree with you totally about freedom of speech.

Dissenters from the norm must always be allowed to be heard.

Thats why I joined the Free Speech Union.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, there doesn’t need to be any republican sentiment. 

I have to admit to being a little disappointed at just how heavy the SNP are going on the royalist sentiment. I get there’s a political angle there but no need to be so gushing. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, there doesn’t need to be any republican sentiment. 

I have to admit to being a little disappointed at just how heavy the SNP are going on the royalist sentiment. I get there’s a political angle there but no need to be so gushing. 

Did we not establish that woman is a massive Royalist? She's probably genuinely heartbroken.

Perhaps SpongePhil SquareYerBoots can provide more research literature on the matter.

7 hours ago, cambozpar said:

Enjoy your life scrambling for political relevancy on an obscure scottish football website forum you sad person. jeez i feel so bad for you, seek help ffs 7.1k posts on a pointless scottish football website political forum. A life lived to the full im sure. Bravo! 

516420201_Sadlittlelife.jpg.877dabb6c0851e6175870895226e5729.jpg